E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Cleaned My Rims

10-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Cleaned My Rims

Hi

Well last weekend I did my 3 monthly Swissvax treatment on the car by using their cleaner fluid and then applying some Blau-Weiss wax. I also cleaned the interior and all bits and pieces. One thing when I finalised that I noticed was missing was……clean wheels!

Well yesterday I got the low profile car jack out and pulled off all wheels and applied some Autoglm wheel cleaner to the rims and OMG - what a difference that stuff makes!!!! It only took a couple of minutes with a light scrub and they came up like brand new. I wash the face when I wash the car but never have got in behind and now they look mint. I applied a couple of layers of cheaper wax to keep the brake dust off and they all shiny now.

If you are bored one weekend because there is no AFL on anymore do yourself a favour and buy a bottle of Autogym wheel cleaner (20% off at Repco at the minute), commandeer your wife's best kitchen scrubbing brush and clean the inside of your rims - you will be amazed at how much better the car looks. I was completely stuffed at the end of it because of the hard labour (I fly a desk during the week) but well worth the effort.

My tip of the week....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hi

Well last weekend I did my 3 monthly Swissvax treatment on the car by using their cleaner fluid and then applying some Blau-Weiss wax. I also cleaned the interior and all bits and pieces. One thing when I finalised that I noticed was missing was……clean wheels!

Well yesterday I got the low profile car jack out and pulled off all wheels and applied some Autoglm wheel cleaner to the rims and OMG - what a difference that stuff makes!!!! It only took a couple of minutes with a light scrub and they came up like brand new. I wash the face when I wash the car but never have got in behind and now they look mint. I applied a couple of layers of cheaper wax to keep the brake dust off and they all shiny now.

If you are bored one weekend because there is no AFL on anymore do yourself a favour and buy a bottle of Autogym wheel cleaner (20% off at Repco at the minute), commandeer your wife's best kitchen scrubbing brush and clean the inside of your rims - you will be amazed at how much better the car looks. I was completely stuffed at the end of it because of the hard labour (I fly a desk during the week) but well worth the effort.

My tip of the week....

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootah View Post
+1
+2
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
+2
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
suff
On the hunt for PSI
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hi

My tip of the week....
Feel free to come to my house at any time.. plenty of wheels for you to work your magic on!
      10-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
+2
spotted u today at rhodes
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
ReyT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by suff View Post
Feel free to come to my house at any time.. plenty of wheels for you to work your magic on!
+1 my house too - been meaning to take off my wheels to really clean it....
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
how? who? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #10
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
how? who? lol
Was behind u from MRT traffic light until rhodes mall car park.... realize u r from forum coz BMR sticker...was on the way to see stu. lol I high beam afew times behind u to say hi dunno whether u realize or not ! I love the bootlip !!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Quote:
how? who? lol
Quote:
Was behind u from MRT traffic light until rhodes mall car park.... realize u r from forum coz BMR sticker...was on the way to see stu. lol I high beam afew times behind u to say hi dunno whether u realize or not ! I love the bootlip !!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
mrdunu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 E60 525i

Quote:
+3
Appreciate 0