E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Did BMW buy back your car? Please give your advice.

07-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni243 View Post
Well my car has 45k Miles and 3rd fuel pump failed within past 5 months...The 3rd time it failed my car was at the dealer for 3 weeks! The SA, Tech, and Manager keep telling me they can not find anything wrong in the system and don't understand what cause the long crank. I lost it and flip out on them. Then I wrote up email/call BMWNA report my status. 2 days later I got my car back and guess what....they replaced the fuel pump... I'm in contact with BMWNA now on my car open case. I did mention to them about a buy back or trade in deal. I have too many issues with this 335. Waiting for their respond.
I didn't know if you were in Worcester MA or VT, but here is a link for the MA lemon law site:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocatermi..._law&csid=Eoca

You definitely qualify for a lemon law case simply on the fact that you're car was out for 3 weeks on the 3rd fuel pump. Find out @ what mileage the first fuel pump went out. If it's before 15k miles, then you're certainly guaranteed a victory against BMW.

Write them another letter using the sample letter in the link and send it Certfied w/a return receipt. While you're waiting for a response, find a good lawyer. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

BUMP
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 Msports

Lemon law it. Don't do it yourself.
I did it myself and outcome was good, but now I think of it, I should've done it through the lawyer and asked for better return.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #26
K66Gunso
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 335i

BMW buy back my 535i about half year ago due. I simply call the BMWNA customer service and tell her all the story of what happen and probably only a month they send me a letter via e-mail for buying back the car. This process has nothing to do with the dealer at all is what she said to me. I replaced fuel pump 3 or 4 times, replace the whole nav unit once, wood trim pop out once, misfire cylinder once. This all happened within the first 4 months i bought the car and it was brand new.

Try to say stuff like, you don't feel safe with the car anymore. It could be life threatening thing, etc.

Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Heated seats, Nav, HD Radio, Logic 7, Shades, CA, PDC, Steptronic, Active Steering
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #27
charles j m
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: around for no reason

I have had a ridiculous amount of problems with my 07 335.. I have had replaced 4 fuel pumps in less than 15k miles. Originally, I thought the fuel pump problems were caused by modifying the car, so I went stock. Even then my fuel pump went again and again. (I have the service records if that helps at all)
My friend recently purchased his 335 less than 2 months back. Hes been stock without even a single mod as to change the grills or anything. He just hit 1200 miles, but also hit his 3rd fuel pump.
I currently have 19k (8/1/09) and have now gotten intake camshaft position timing - over-retarded.. Ive been stock for over 9k miles now, and it seems like nothings changing.
I am truly jealous of the cases i hear with people not going through a fuel pump with even 50k miles. I found it extremely hard to believe especially with my car acting up the way it did, and still is. The 335 is a brilliant car minus its achilles heel. As for now i am truly done with the 335, good luck to all those who have not ran across a problem like this.

The funny thing is i never knew about this lemon law. I recently heard of it through my barber two days ago! I hope i have a good enough case for the lemon law, and maybe i can hire the same lawyer you did Blackimpact.

current: '07 e92 335i - '10 e92 m3 - '08 ducati 848
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #28
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles j m View Post
I have had a ridiculous amount of problems with my 07 335.. I have had replaced 4 fuel pumps in less than 15k miles. Originally, I thought the fuel pump problems were caused by modifying the car, so I went stock. Even then my fuel pump went again and again. (I have the service records if that helps at all)
My friend recently purchased his 335 less than 2 months back. Hes been stock without even a single mod as to change the grills or anything. He just hit 1200 miles, but also hit his 3rd fuel pump.
I currently have 19k (8/1/09) and have now gotten intake camshaft position timing - over-retarded.. Ive been stock for over 9k miles now, and it seems like nothings changing.
I am truly jealous of the cases i hear with people not going through a fuel pump with even 50k miles. I found it extremely hard to believe especially with my car acting up the way it did, and still is. The 335 is a brilliant car minus its achilles heel. As for now i am truly done with the 335, good luck to all those who have not ran across a problem like this.

The funny thing is i never knew about this lemon law. I recently heard of it through my barber two days ago! I hope i have a good enough case for the lemon law, and maybe i can hire the same lawyer you did Blackimpact.
unfortunately it's too late to do a buyback on your car...i'm on 29.5k miles with my 07 e92 and still on the first fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #29
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles j m View Post

Your car's a lemon based on the information you provided. We can talk on the side and i'll help you get out of that car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #30
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
unfortunately it's too late to do a buyback on your car...i'm on 29.5k miles with my 07 e92 and still on the first fuel pump.
Incorrect, both him and his friend are qualified to file for a lemon law case. 3+ fuel pumps, less than 2 years or 18k miles since the 1st fuel pump went. Open and shut case.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #31
BMWTT135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKIMPACT View Post
Incorrect, both him and his friend are qualified to file for a lemon law case. 3+ fuel pumps, less than 2 years or 18k miles since the 1st fuel pump went. Open and shut case.
I am also in a similar situation with the fuel pump, if it goes one more time. Car was bought in NJ on June 2008.
Replaced at following approximate mileage:
1. 3000
2. 7000
3. 11000

But I didn't get a chance to send in the letter before the third replacement, because I didn't know that was the problem and the dealer just fixed it without notifying me about the issue. So my question is how much wait does the letter have? I called consumer affairs and they said you have to send the letter. I would hate to have to wait for it to go for the fourth time. Also should I wait for the pump to go again or do you think bmw would be open to buying back the car now?

BTW Can anyone recommend any lemon law lawyers in central jersey they have dealt with or heard good things about?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #32
SJNESH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

I'm in the same boat right now with my 08 335. I have a lemon law attorney handling the situation and am awaiting the outcome. My car was in the shop 7 times/50 days within a year.
      08-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #33
stubenhocker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 2016 F30 328d

I wonder if any of these posters on her suggesting you hire an attorney are actually attorneys priming the pump?

You guys blithely suggest to people to get a "lemon lawyer", BUT THEY DON"T WORK FOR FREE do they? or is it do you?

Seems to me this is something that can be handled very well indeed, sans attorney!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #34
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

BMW customer service is useless, even a LL demand letter to them is useless unless you send it to their legal department.
Get a lawyer, I had to even though there is no doubt my car is flocked up beyond repair
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #35
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubenhocker View Post
I wonder if any of these posters on her suggesting you hire an attorney are actually attorneys priming the pump?

You guys blithely suggest to people to get a "lemon lawyer", BUT THEY DON"T WORK FOR FREE do they? or is it do you?

Seems to me this is something that can be handled very well indeed, sans attorney!

I'm not a lawyer. Lemon law lawyers don't work for free. They work on a no-fee basis. Meaning, if you win, they charge BMW their attorney fees. Lose and they don't charge you anything. At least that is how my lawyer is handling it.

You can try and handle this on your own, but in my opinion, the outcome will be greater with a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTT135i View Post
I am also in a similar situation with the fuel pump, if it goes one more time. Car was bought in NJ on June 2008.
1. 3000
2. 7000
3. 11000

But I didn't get a chance to send in the letter before the third replacement, because I didn't know that was the problem and the dealer just fixed it without notifying me about the issue. So my question is how much wait does the letter have? I called consumer affairs and they said you have to send the letter. I would hate to have to wait for it to go for the fourth time. Also should I wait for the pump to go again or do you think bmw would be open to buying back the car now?

BTW Can anyone recommend any lemon law lawyers in central jersey they have dealt with or heard good things about?

Thanks
The letter does not represent your whole case. The fact that you went through 3 fuel pumps qualifies you for a lemon law case. Don't wait for your pump to go again even though it will eventually. BMW will not want to buyback your car now. The only way you're going to successfully negotiate a buyback is through a lawyer. I have one that I am using now that I can recommend to you. PM your email address so we can talk.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #37
2HIGH~PSI
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '94 Supra TT 6MT, '15 MW M4

Im not certain about this, but I have heard now that the fuel pumps have been redesigned and all the replacements currently are with the new fuel pump.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a BMW buyback 335 that had gone through 3 pumps and when BMW had it, they changed out the new pump and have no longer had the issues... Anyone else know anything about it?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #38
eltoshan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
Im not certain about this, but I have heard now that the fuel pumps have been redesigned and all the replacements currently are with the new fuel pump.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a BMW buyback 335 that had gone through 3 pumps and when BMW had it, they changed out the new pump and have no longer had the issues... Anyone else know anything about it?
Untrue, there are quite a few people on this board with post March 09 build dates that have had their HPFP fail, IIRC.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #39
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKIMPACT View Post
The letter does not represent your whole case. The fact that you went through 3 fuel pumps qualifies you for a lemon law case. Don't wait for your pump to go again even though it will eventually. BMW will not want to buyback your car now. The only way you're going to successfully negotiate a buyback is through a lawyer. I have one that I am using now that I can recommend to you. PM your email address so we can talk.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #40
Christos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine 335i View Post
Hmmm I've taken the car into the dealer for engine malfunction lights and cold start shivers 3 times now and still have cold start shivers. The service Manager told me I don't qualify for a buy back but a trade assist. He also said it HAS to be the same part 3 times to fail not the same issue so since every single time I've taken the car in they have replaced a different part trying to solve the issue the car is not a lemon in their eyes. I feel like I'm being scammed on the real, I'll be contacting a lawyer soon.
two days after my second HPFP, I now have cold start shivers???? WTF is causing this now?? ANYONE know????
      08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #41
Christos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTT135i View Post
1. 3000
2. 7000
3. 11000

Thanks

Seems like a lot of NJ cars with multiple pump failures????

I had two!
      08-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #42
rkick08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

I'm not trying to throw anyone of topic but dam I’m glad i got the 328 even though I wanted that 335 badly, and still do..

Good luck to you all on trying to get BMW to buy your car back. Hopefully BMW can get this fixed already! so sad...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #43
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
two days after my second HPFP, I now have cold start shivers???? WTF is causing this now?? ANYONE know????
Who knows? Does it really matter at this point? These cars are garbage. BMW dropped the ball on this model. Just get your money back.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #44
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post

Is the person telling you this the salesperson trying to sell the car? All I gotta say is I feel really bad for the guy who is going to buy my car after I settle with BMW. A BMW buyback is a LEMON! So what if you're saving a few thousand? You're buying an expensive piece of junk.
Appreciate 0