E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Parking Lamp Reminder — How do I disable it?

02-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #23
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90drvr
You haven't changed the following the codes:
Code:
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
  wert_01 --> wert_04

--optional--
LICHT_AN_WARNUNG
  aktiv --> nicht_aktiv
After making changes confirm them by emptying your MAN file and reloading from the module.
Making those changes allows you to keep your parking lights on the light switch, and will shutdown upon locking the car even when the switch is set to parking lights? And they will not stay on forever, just turn off when you lock the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #24
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90drvr View Post
You haven't changed the following the codes:
Code:
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
  wert_01 --> wert_04

--optional--
LICHT_AN_WARNUNG
  aktiv --> nicht_aktiv
After making changes confirm them by emptying your MAN file and reloading from the module.
I could have sworn that I changed that. Somehow it was changed again. I remember messing with the 'Coming Home Lights' time under the P menu in BC. Can this probably influence this?

What about this setting:

KEINE_PARKLICHT_FUNKT
nicht_aktiv

Do you have it, does my FRM1 match yours or are there any other differances cause I remember doing as you suggest wert_04 to wert_01 and upon locking the car (light switch in position 1 - halo rings on) the lights don't switch off upon locking.

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Terra 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1973 View Post
I could have sworn that I changed that. Somehow it was changed again. I remember messing with the 'Coming Home Lights' time under the P menu in BC. Can this probably influence this?
No, this shouldn't affect the setting we're talking about. Coming Home Light settings are mostly prefixed with "heimleuchten".

Quote:
What about this setting:
KEINE_PARKLICHT_FUNKT
nicht_aktiv
I didn't touch that but I assume it disables the parking light function completely.

Quote:
Do you have it, does my FRM1 match yours or are there any other differances
The only other differences are other modifications i've made that are unrelated to the parking lamps as well as VO differences between our cars due to options or region.
Quote:
wert_04 to wert_01 and upon locking the car (light switch in position 1 - halo rings on) the lights don't switch off upon locking.
If you lock the car with the switch in position 1, the parking lights will stay on indefinitely (as I had mentioned before).
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #26
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90drvr View Post
If you lock the car with the switch in position 1, the parking lights will stay on indefinitely (as I had mentioned before).
Ok. I got you now, you are referrring to the lights (low beam) that stay on after you shutdown the engine and remove the keyflop from the slot. Light switch is in "auto" position.

Normally the angel eyes (low beams) stay on until you open the drivers door, once you open the drivers door they switch of, I suppose this is when the relay kicks in.

What your coding does is leave the angle eyes (low beam) on even upon opening the door and they are only switched them off via the remote lock function.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but we were both talking about parking lights

Cheers and thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #27
Hercnhawk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I have a 10/07 built E90. I recently started coding some things after completing an alarm install. I have the alarm working perfectly and have also added some features like comfort eject and the auto unlocking of the doors. Somewhere along the line I messed up the light settings for when I turn off the car. It used to be that the puddle lights, and parking lights would stay on for a while after I turned off my car, got out and closed the door. I could adjust the time they stayed in the BC menu. Now, that all remains the same when I shut off the car, until I open my door. As soon as I open my door the parking lights turn off. Only the puddle lights remain on for the time I programmed in the BC menu. Mine must have been somewhere between the auto off when opening the door and auto off when locking the door with the fob. It used to be time based. Possibly I need to adjust the "OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH" to a setting between 1 and 4.

Last edited by Hercnhawk; 02-13-2013 at 03:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #28
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Terra 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercnhawk View Post
I could adjust the time they stayed in the BC menu.
I don't have this setting anywhere (I have iDrive), the only timing adjustment I can make is to my Coming Home Lights.
Quote:
As soon as I open my door the parking lights turn off.
This was the default behavior on my car and setting the OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH to wert_04 made them stay on until I lock it.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #29
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90drvr
Quote:
I could adjust the time they stayed in the BC menu.
I don't have this setting anywhere (I have iDrive), the only timing adjustment I can make is to my Coming Home Lights.
Quote:
As soon as I open my door the parking lights turn off.
This was the default behavior on my car and setting the OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH to wert_04 made them stay on until I lock it.
What's the option on frm2. I only have aktiv/nicht_aktiv for an option similar to that
Appreciate 0