E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ******** BOV Kit Review

07-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #23
iAerodynamic
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
hey sorry to hear that. ive heard too many bad things about ******..

but yea.. hope it is a lesson for OP as well not to cheap out on expensive car.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #24
jb's335
Big Boost Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
I'm not questioning the OP's sincerity, but I fail to understand why he would ask for a $50 credit, rather than just saying, "The product is defective," and then seeing what ***** did.

It sounds like the OP is trying to strong-arm ***** by threatening "give me $50 and I won't tell the forum." I don't know about you guys, but I never respond well to that type of approach.

Despite the negative feedback on *****, I can't imagine for a second that he would not replace the defective unit. Think about it. What's to stop somebody from deciding they only like part of a kit, breaking the part they don't like, and then just asking for some money to buy a different one.

Not saying the OP did this, but if I was a vendor, and somebody called me with this story and a demand of $50, I'd be pretty skeptical.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do. Sounds like you've had some nice offers and advice from posters here.
I did not post up everything from our conversation, just parts. I asked for some kind of retribution and all he could tell me is to post it up on the forums, maybe someone on there could help. To me this was just a smack in the face, so I asked for some sort of refund. I knew I wasn't going to get it, I just was giving him the chance to make me happy, and that was basically the only way it would happen at that point...

Thanks for the ideas guys. I plan on reading more vendors reviews before buying anything else on this forum. I know it was my fault for buying a cheap part, but in past forum experiences with cheaper cars the forum vendors were always people you could trust. I just figured it was the same for such a popular forum as e90post....
      07-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #25
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

dang....thats horrible.
they are pretty serious about their return policy.. : /
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0