E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

03-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #287
wu852
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 325i

Does anyone know where i can get a intake gruppe m or gruppe m replica around hk and how much should it cost?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #288
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
From what you said, looks like I can buy the xenon lights from bmw and have it installed elsewhere and save tax. Are you sure?
correct, anyone can just walk in to the parts dept to buy parts, you don't have to tell them what car you have and in what year.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #289
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Hi
tks for the info
Just wonder what is M sport kit $28000 ( rims?) ?
And, does M-sport package include replacement of the normal seats with sports seats
cheers
cnt
the $28000 does not include rims, just front and rear bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler (same one as RD Sport has).

there is another M package for $60000 , that include the M sport kit, rims, M steering wheel, and sport seats. Adding 85% tax will give you $111000 !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #290
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Quote:
Hi ks

did you take any photos at the BMW show at Harbour City?
I hit the 50 mins traffics jam today , so I finally gave up going .

Considering R32 costs 450K , 390K for a 130i as a sporty hatch is not too bad. Yes, I saw the 1 series in Bangkok Moto Show last yr, way too small

cnt
Didn't take a camera along as I rushed over to Harbour City during lunch (work in Central). Had a quick look and was hoping to see a 323 but not able to.

The e90 size is just nice for my needs. Only complaint is the boot not wide enough to comfortably put my golf bag (very tight fit)

I was stuck in that stupid traffic as well. I was coming from Waterloo Rd and luckily some of the cars at the back were reversing and I followed.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #291
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
The e90 size is just nice for my needs. Only complaint is the boot not wide enough to comfortably put my golf bag (very tight fit)
This is the main fcking issue with my salesman. He knew my wife plays golf and he did not advise us to choose the Through Loading option. The E90 trunk does not hold one golf bag , this true sucks!
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #292
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
BTW, as I ordered the power rear sunshade retrofit kit from BMW HK. I noticed that they have the blackline taillights on sale now. It's now HK$2200 a set ( It was something like HK$3300)

For those of you who are interested in getting the blacklines, you may go to Matauwei road BMW HK parts dept. and have a look. But I am getting mine in Europe
Hi RD
Is this $2200 black taillight a BMW original parts , or they sell the OEM ? And, did you order / to buy the OEM version of the black taillight. I am curious what the difference will be?
t
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #293
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020
the $28000 does not include rims, just front and rear bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler (same one as RD Sport has).

there is another M package for $60000 , that include the M sport kit, rims, M steering wheel, and sport seats. Adding 85% tax will give you $111000 !!!
Thanks for the details.

I am aware of that the M-Sports package will be discount offered by BMW HK to E90 owners after six months.

I' m in no big hurry into a full M-sport Paying $111K to just 'imitate' a M3 , I rather get a real gold Rolex , or use the money for upgrade to a real M3 E90. However, a gradually progressive mod seems to be more fun , like RD Sports.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 07:03 AM   #294
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Hi RD
Today I saw a black E90 with the black tint taillight , look neat.
You are teasing me . I know how neat they are obviously
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #295
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Hi RD
Is this $2200 black taillight a BMW original parts , or they sell the OEM ? And, did you order / to buy the OEM version of the black taillight. I am curious what the difference will be?
t
t, it's a BMW original part from BMW HK parts dept. I have ordered the same thing in MK but still not sure when they will arrive so I am trying to get them in Europe end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #296
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
t, it's a BMW original part from BMW HK parts dept. I have ordered the same thing in MK but still not sure when they will arrive so I am trying to get them in Europe end of the month.
P, if you come across a set of 7 black and white B&W emblems, which are good quality ( not just stuffing photocopy paper into an emblem ), pls get me a set. I will start with interior mod, first with AC Brake pedal and foot pedals. I need some deep thinking about the exterior mod as whether to go for AC rims or something else. Both myself and my wife dont have a strong feeling about the M-sport rims as they look pretty 'normal'. It seems 18" AC star-style rims ( or any star style rims ) go best with black color E90s.
The CF lips are definitely look great.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #297
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
P, if you come across a set of 7 black and white B&W emblems, which are good quality ( not just stuffing photocopy paper into an emblem ), pls get me a set. I will start with interior mod, first with AC Brake pedal and foot pedals. I need some deep thinking about the exterior mod as whether to go for AC rims or something else. Both myself and my wife dont have a strong feeling about the M-sport rims as they look pretty 'normal'. It seems 18" AC star-style rims ( or any star style rims ) go best with black color E90s.
The CF lips are definitely look great.
Sure t, but please confirm whether you want the BMW logo with black and white or Carbon fiber black and white because I think there are 2 kinds. Maybe you can try ebay. I have seen many there.

Now, you have many choices on mods. When I bought my car, there were not many parts available. Even getting a set of rims is a pain in the arise
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #298
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sure t, but please confirm whether you want the BMW logo with black and white or Carbon fiber black and white because I think there are 2 kinds. Maybe you can try ebay. I have seen many there.

Now, you have many choices on mods. When I bought my car, there were not many parts available. Even getting a set of rims is a pain in the arise
RD Great man. I dont mind them to be either CF or just painted B&W color, so long they are of good quality when taking a close look. The reason I prefer you to buy them than eBay, is you can actually check the quality for me Dont worry, if I dont like them , it is always easy to change them again, these are just emblems Dont worry if you are too busy, there is no urgency.

Your hard time and work on mod is rewarded - you have the best looking mod all by personal managed installation.

After some thoughts, I should not go for the M-Sport styling at all. otherwise I will sell the car and get a M3 E90 which includes everything in there! Guess I will focus on styling the car with two colors - silver and black. Will yet to decide whether should go AC style or Hamman all the way, or just leave it as unstyled except the rims and lower suspension.

I probably start with the blackline tail...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #299
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
2020, have you check the M-sport steering wheel? Is it alot better than our regular 330i wheel? The parts guy told me it's thicker ........ and it costs HK$5500 installed for 330i.

Well, modding cars are not cheap!!!!!!
The current E90 330i Steering wheel is already perfect size.
Just wonder if the M sport Steering wheel is smaller in diameter?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #300
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
RD Great man. I dont mind them to be either CF or just painted B&W color, so long they are of good quality when taking a close look. The reason I prefer you to buy them than eBay, is you can actually check the quality for me Dont worry, if I dont like them , it is always easy to change them again, these are just emblems Dont worry if you are too busy, there is no urgency.

Your hard time and work on mod is rewarded - you have the best looking mod all by personal managed installation.

After some thoughts, I should not go for the M-Sport styling at all. otherwise I will sell the car and get a M3 E90 which includes everything in there! Guess I will focus on styling the car with two colors - silver and black. Will yet to decide whether should go AC style or Hamman all the way, or just leave it as unstyled except the rims and lower suspension.

I probably start with the blackline tail...
OK t, so do you have a budget cost for the emblems? I will see if come across any in Europe. In fact, I am planning to drive to Munich to search more mods and accessories for my car.

I think you can start w/ blackline tailights and rims, then lower suspension, then............................................ the list continues
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #301
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
The current E90 330i Steering wheel is already perfect size.
Just wonder if the M sport Steering wheel is smaller in diameter?
t, the diameter should be the same. It's just the wheel is thicker than ours, some part of the wheel is made of perforated leather and there is a "M" logo badge on the wheel's plastic cover.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #302
owenlamhw
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Hello everybody

I'm so glad to know there's a forum all about E90 in HongKong.
Mine is an SG 330 without sport suspensions. Can I join the community?

By the way, I'm now thinking to lower my car, but I don't wanna make it stiffer, is there any suggestion for me?
Can anybody tell me the OEM sport suspension is just the spring upgrade or the whole thing (spring+shock)?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 03:43 AM   #303
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenlamhw
I'm so glad to know there's a forum all about E90 in HongKong.
Mine is an SG 330 without sport suspensions. Can I join the community?

By the way, I'm now thinking to lower my car, but I don't wanna make it stiffer, is there any suggestion for me?
Can anybody tell me the OEM sport suspension is just the spring upgrade or the whole thing (spring+shock)?
Hi Owenlamhw, welcome to this forum and our HK team. Of course you can join our team. We had our first gathering last month and planning on the second meet in April. Please private message me your real name, contact number and e-mail address to me so that I can contact you when we have gatherings.

The OEM sport suspension should have different spring+shock. Our memeber Neutronbmw has sport suspension and he said the ride is very harsh. My car has Eibach springs w/ Bilstein sport shocks and the ride is quite alot stiffer than stock but the handling is very good. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 04:43 AM   #304
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I am on non-sport , I see the same issues:
"want lower spring, worry harsh"
" stock Sports suspension is harsh"
"stock M-Sport suspension is even more harsh"
"RD Sport's suspension is also harsh'

I guess , if keeping the non sport as 17" 225x4,
use a set of slightly lowered springs , in theory , will not match
the non sports suspension.
And then, it really until you install them and be able to find out.

I will go for 225x2 , 255x2 18" , + sports suspension
or do nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 05:58 AM   #305
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
I am on non-sport , I see the same issues:
"want lower spring, worry harsh"
" stock Sports suspension is harsh"
"stock M-Sport suspension is even more harsh"
"RD Sport's suspension is also harsh'

I guess , if keeping the non sport as 17" 225x4,
use a set of slightly lowered springs , in theory , will not match
the non sports suspension.
And then, it really until you install them and be able to find out.

I will go for 225x2 , 255x2 18" , + sports suspension
or do nothing.
Lower stance looks cool indeed!

t, I am not sure if my car is harsh compare to your AMG or Z3 w/ M suspension. But it's definately harsher than stock but as I said, you trade comfort for performance. The car corners on rail now!

When will you change the rims and have you decided on which tire yet, t?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #306
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lower stance looks cool indeed!

t, I am not sure if my car is harsh compare to your AMG or Z3 w/ M suspension. But it's definately harsher than stock but as I said, you trade comfort for performance. The car corners on rail now!

When will you change the rims and have you decided on which tire yet, t?
You could be right, I dont think your car is more harsh than the AMG. I am trying not to rush to replace the rims and tires until I checked all the prices of replacement of the entire suspension system. If the price turns out to be as huge as the M-Sport package; then I will also check out the M-Sport package (after 6 mths) or other packages such as AC Schnitzer or Hamman. I am keen on AC 18" rims as they looks nice on black even though many ppl do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #307
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
You could be right, I dont think your car is more harsh than the AMG. I am trying not to rush to replace the rims and tires until I checked all the prices of replacement of the entire suspension system. If the price turns out to be as huge as the M-Sport package; then I will also check out the M-Sport package (after 6 mths) or other packages such as AC Schnitzer or Hamman. I am keen on AC 18" rims as they looks nice on black even though many ppl do it.
Sure AC 18" rims are nice too!

I think the aftermarket suspension parts should be cheaper than OE parts if you are buying them from the stealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #308
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

I just checked with the BMW parts shop on the retrofit kit for the xenon lights.

Freaking $40K!!! And that's not including tax! I wonder if there's any easier way to rip us off.

My salesguy called me up today as well. Told me that the first batch of 323 has arrived and I could test drive it on Monday. Raychkg must be very happy to hear this.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread