E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Error code 2B07 NOX Sensor Elecrtrical

12-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #1
AUDELA
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i N53 3.0L (E93) 6MT

I recently purchased an '07 325i 3.0L E93 (N53 engine) and have no sign of rough idle or misfires. However I am getting the dreaded (and what sounds like common) NOX sensor errors.

To be specific the 4 below:

30E9: NITRIC OXIDE CATALYST, AGING

2B07: NITROGEN OXIDE SENSOR, ELECTRICAL

2B06: NITROGEN OXIDE SENSOR, LAMBDA LINEAR

2AFB: NITRIC OXIDE SENSOR, LAMBDA BINARY

I've read many of the older threads on here and have spoken to a few reputable BMW technicians. One of them told me that a regen might be all that's needed. However another said that the electrical error (2B07) is a sure sign that the sensor is bad / needs replacing, which means a regen won't work.

I also know there's quite a bit of debate as to whether NOXEM or a remap are preferable to simple OEM replacement.

Just hoping to get some input from anyone who has experience and has done the regen to know if the 2B07 error means the sensor is surely toast.

Many thanks for your help
Appreciate 0