E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > So should I start bugging my Sales Guy??

05-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

So should I start bugging my Sales Guy??

I think I have been good so far, its been 4 weeks since I ordered the car and have only called 2x and e-mailed once!

Car has been waiting for a ship for 8 days and then after I catch one, its gonna be another 2-4 weeks for delivery? I don't have enough fingernails for this process!

Anyone else on pins and needles?

<<< my salesman's face everytime he hears it's me calling LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

It took ~ 14 days for my coupe at port "awaiting a shipping vessel." This is by far the worst wait time since your car is not physically getting any closer.
Hang in there and GL.
      05-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLazz View Post
I think I have been good so far, its been 4 weeks since I ordered the car and have only called 2x and e-mailed once!

Car has been waiting for a ship for 8 days and then after I catch one, its gonna be another 2-4 weeks for delivery? I don't have enough fingernails for this process!

<<< my salesman's face everytime he hears it's me calling LOL

I am in sales and I know its hard to wait but shit some times ppl drive me up a wall trust me dont rush him let him do a complete un rushed job it will yield a clean and organized delivery process or plan be bug the shit out of him until he is and then is like heck with this guy
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
I am in sales and I know its hard to wait but shit some times ppl drive me up a wall trust me dont rush him let him do a complete un rushed job it will yield a clean and organized delivery process or plan be bug the shit out of him until he is and then is like heck with this guy
I get it D, thats why I asked. Heck, I have only seen the guy once when I test drove it a few months ago and called twice, IMO I haven't been too bad yet for a first timer.

Akack - 2 weeks!!!! Wow! you must be Jimmy Stewart reincarnated! Were you Long Beach bound too? I know that this is the worst part according to all the threads I have run down in the past week. So I plan to suck it up and just call the automated 800 number till they say it is on a boat. In the meantime, D, I promise not to bug sales guy too much. (Hope you aren't my guy in disguise!)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
I get it D, thats why I asked. Heck, I have only seen the guy once when I test drove it a few months ago and called twice, IMO I haven't been too bad yet for a first timer.

Akack - 2 weeks!!!! Wow! you must be Jimmy Stewart reincarnated! Were you Long Beach bound too? I know that this is the worst part according to all the threads I have run down in the past week. So I plan to suck it up and just call the automated 800 number till they say it is on a boat. In the meantime, D, I promise not to bug sales guy too much. (Hope you aren't my guy in disguise!)
hehehe how bad would that be if I really was your C.A.....maybe I am lol
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Then you would have one heck of a commute. Hope you have a top of the line fully loaded for that drive! LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

I completely understand the notion of waiting and not bugging the sales guy. But I have a different approach. Call whenever you want. If you are going to spend $40k to 50k on ordering a car. . . you have the absolute right to be up to date and ask any questions whenever you feel like it. Obviously the man has a job to do that doesn't revolve around you - there are other customers - but he needs customers. His job is to make the customer happy. It's how he makes money. So with that said, don't be an ass and remember to be respectful. Calling once a week is hardly annoying. And FYI, it won't make you feel any better when he tells you its still sitting in the same spot, so it is up to you.
Emailing is always a good alternative, but you will sit there waiting for him to reply. That may drive you even more crazy.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
ljk77
2008 335i Sedan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

I understand your situation. I, too, have been waiting anxiously for my baby to arrive since I ordered it back on April 9, and have been trying not to be too much of a pain in the ass to my salesman, calling him from time to time for updates. For a while it didn't seem like he was on top of things, so I started asking for information from other salespeople at the dealership. I called again last Friday (my salesman was out of town) and was given an estimate of my car arriving at the dealership the second week of June (longer than the 6-8 week estimate). My salesman left me a voicemail this morning saying he had more information on my car's status, but didn't get into specifics; now we're playing phone tag!

Second week of June, get here quick!
      05-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I held off another day calling my Sales Guy... it was tough, but I made it through! Of course I did call the automated 800# three times, but that doesn't count right?

Since I am one of the few on this thread going to the west coast I guess I am on my own trying to gather bits and pieces of info. Vesseltracker.com has the delayed mapping but I have discovered (over the past week) that if you go to the mobil mapping option, that it is real - or close to real - time. Right now it says that the Maersck Wilken is in port and by cross checking the live cam I have up courtesy of BLG Logistics, I see it in port.

So now I have cross checked the Port Huemene schedule and it shows that the MW should be leaving and arriving in Long Beach on the 16th. But who knows, I have been wrong numerous times before...... Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the name of the Shipping Line that carries that particular ship... It's always somethin!

Well at least it is keeping me busy and I feel like I am frittering my time away in some sort of productive manner!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:

Who told you 2-4 weeks for delivery after hitching a ride?

The trip takes 3-weeks for the fastest run and 3.5-weeks on average. After that probably another week to get shipped to N. CA.

It's probably a NYK ship, but they lease a lot of other ones.

Also if it arrives/departs LB on the 16th, it means it'll arrive in PH on the 17th. Figure on getting your car on the 24 at the earliest and a bonus if it's any earlier.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #11
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

yes = call your CA five times a day until she gets here!
      05-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Okay so this morning, I counldn't wait any longer and shot an E-mail to my CA. Gotta love a guy who calls back within the hour and bonus! I am on a ship! Frank (my CA) says that I am "the only customer that has actually tried to track my car that he has ever sold to, and he has worked there for years!" I believe him, he had never heard of Vesseltracker.com before.

As an aside, he wants me to see if I can run down some grant money for an organization he belongs to, I guess to keep me busy.

He is not like I thought he would be, rather he asked a lot of questions as to how I found out all the info beforehand. I told him he isn't going to get anymore phone calls from me till it hits the port (somehow, I don't think he believes me )

Anyway, I am on the Maersk Welkin (see other thread I started) and it shipped out yesterday.

I am so happy that THAT part is over!
Appreciate 0