E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need HELP! HPFP problem

06-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
ross335
Rep
Drives: 335i

Need HELP! HPFP problem

Getting the half engine cut, obviously thinking its HPFP (no long cranks) and I am running an AA xede tune. I obviously need to take it out before giving it to the dealership so I do not void my warranty.

My question is, is the Bavarian Technic diagnostic tool (Professional Kit) the one I should use to reset the codes after I have taken out my xede? I have heard BMW has updated their tools to detect the use of the xede even when using the GT-1 diagnostic tool to cloak it and I want to make sure it cannot be detected so I do not have a warranty void issue.

I'm really just asking for some experts to tell me exactly what I need to do.

I took delivery Feb 07 of the car and got 26,000 miles out of it before coming to a complete powerloss while on the track.

Another Question : Do I remove my AA BOV? Even though it probably did not even effect the car to have a fuel pump problem.

Also anyone in the San Diego Area with a BT to use and help me do what I have to do? Paying $$
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Hey man, I ran into you at Auto Club Speedway this weekend right? My car is the exact same color scheme as yours, but mine has no mods...we talked for a while....your brother has the white M3? I'm no expert in this area, so I wish you the best of luck with this one.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
ross335
Rep
Drives: 335i

yup, you have a great looking car . 1up on me your car works when you hammer it, mine doesn't .
Thanks for the good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

You might want to post this in the California section of the site.
And once the codes have been deleted by a BT tool, there are completely deleted. Ofcourse scan for codes and delete after the Xede is unistalled.
Appreciate 0