E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Stalker :(

07-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #23
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
This country is a joke
      07-23-2012, 04:13 AM   #24
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

I would take ANY criminal charge when it comes to protecting friends and family. It's just a real shame that thought has to cross your mind in those type of situations
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #25
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Very much so.. in such a situation im usually rather 'act first think later' as protecting my family/friends if the most important thing hence the pepper spray.

Sadly all that does is put her in a position where if she used the spray potentially she is then sent to prison and her kids removed for protecting her kids!
      07-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #26
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Thats why, I 'm not going to be the "Sensible" one...I'd rather read in the daily mail, young BMW driver fights back and breaks a burglar's jaw and now faces criminal charges....

than...

Young BMW driver dead and thief stole his car.....
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #27
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Just thought id post this for some advice more then anything.

In short, a friend of mine has a stalker.

About a month ago a window was smashed at her house, she just assumed it was kids playing football and accidents happen. Few days later, another window got smashed. The a few days after a tree branch was pushed through her open window.

Then a week or so after that she saw a man looking at her through her kitchen window when she walked into the kitchen. As she walked in he ducked and ran away - prob worth saying at this point she is a single mum living on her own with 2 daughters in a group floor flat

She has now seen the guy 3 more times and doesn't recognise him whatsoever. Also 2 weeks ago a neighbour called the police as they saw a person put their head through an open window at her flat.

Final straw was last week someone broke into her car and stole her satnav unit, as well as her clothes inc her old shoes. She said nothing of value - just cheap tat that she left in the car for driving etc.

Police have been called and have been really good and provided some excellent advice etc and are patrolling the area, but as u can imagine she is scared shitless at the mo and a prisoner in her own home.

Police are extremely concerned and have warned her he is a real threat to her and they believe he has mental issues. They have told her not to change her behaviour too much otherwise it might provoke him to do soothing and potentially attack her.

Brentwood Council (its a council flat) have been useless to put to lightly and have said it would take 6 months to approve her putting up a security light!! Police have contacted council and she is now waiting to get some feedback from them.

Just thought i would ask here if anyone has been in a similar situation??

Sorry I didn't realise I was causing her grief I'll stop at once ...
      07-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Thats why, I 'm not going to be the "Sensible" one...I'd rather read in the daily mail, young BMW driver fights back and breaks a burglar's jaw and now faces criminal charges....

than...

Young BMW driver dead and thief stole his car.....
Fair point kev, but what if. hypothetically speaking, the headline went this way...

Young BMW driver fights back against car thief. Ruckus ensues and BMW driver lands punch, thief falls akwardly and dies.... on the spot.

or.....

Young BMW driver tries to fight car thief, but throws akward punch because his jeans were hanging too low. Punch lands on the shoulder of thief, who steals car anyway. Paramedics (parapaul) arrive on scene and chuckle as they find Young BMW driver with broken wrist due to poorly thrown punch. Officers shortly arrive (MART) to ask for witness statements and proceed to upload cctv footage on E90post.com. Kevster has to use public transport with Olympic tourists.....

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #29
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
Not every household. Every guy has to do National Service, and thus they have an army automatic rifle. They also have a handful of ammunition so they can make it to rally points if need be.

No problems at all with guns here.

D.
Ahh, thanks for enlightening, I guess you learn something new everyday. Are there any countries where having a gun for every household is mandatory?

D.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #30
Dizzle
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 335xD

I would suggest some cctv installations in her flat, doesn't need to be expensive, few web cams connected to one pc.... few programs out there that you can use to map 'zones' which when something enters the 'zone' the system records all movements ... covering gardens, walk ways to the flat etc. if she can record it there's prosecutable evidence
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully_Polite View Post
Fair point kev, but what if. hypothetically speaking, the headline went this way...

Young BMW driver fights back against car thief. Ruckus ensues and BMW driver lands punch, thief falls akwardly and dies.... on the spot.

or.....

Young BMW driver tries to fight car thief, but throws akward punch because his jeans were hanging too low. Punch lands on the shoulder of thief, who steals car anyway. Paramedics (parapaul) arrive on scene and chuckle as they find Young BMW driver with broken wrist due to poorly thrown punch. Officers shortly arrive (MART) to ask for witness statements and proceed to upload cctv footage on E90post.com. Kevster has to use public transport with Olympic tourists.....

...yeah lots of possible scenarios...

Hopefully, for the OP's friend, things will turn out for the better...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #32
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Just to update the thread..

On sat night she was out and the guy started looking at another girl on the third floor. Luckily her partner was in and ran down to ask him what he was doing. He said the guy was sweating loads and said he was waiting for a friend. Sadly my friend hadnt told the lady up there about the issues she was having but only her direct neighbours, so the guy let him go and didnt follow him.

Police did a full on door to door knocking on Tuesday to make everyone in her area aware of whats going on and also to see if they could find him from the limited description the neighbour gave. They are now working on the theory that the guy is new to the area and may have done something similar elsewhere before.

Police have honestly been brilliant. They are going to ignore the council and put up CCTV. Also they have made a formal complaint against the council and their handling of the situation. Every office in Brentwood is aware of the issue.

Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights they are going to camp out in her flat and wait for the guy to appear with any luck. Sadly they said the most he will get is a fine and a slap on the wrists, but at least they will know where he lives and keep tabs on him.

To be honest im really surprised by the lengths the police are going to - but extremely impressed by their response and pleased for her.
      07-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #33
wheelie good
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Just to update the thread..

On sat night she was out and the guy started looking at another girl on the third floor. Luckily her partner was in and ran down to ask him what he was doing. He said the guy was sweating loads and said he was waiting for a friend. Sadly my friend hadnt told the lady up there about the issues she was having but only her direct neighbours, so the guy let him go and didnt follow him.

Police did a full on door to door knocking on Tuesday to make everyone in her area aware of whats going on and also to see if they could find him from the limited description the neighbour gave. They are now working on the theory that the guy is new to the area and may have done something similar elsewhere before.

Police have honestly been brilliant. They are going to ignore the council and put up CCTV. Also they have made a formal complaint against the council and their handling of the situation. Every office in Brentwood is aware of the issue.

Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights they are going to camp out in her flat and wait for the guy to appear with any luck. Sadly they said the most he will get is a fine and a slap on the wrists, but at least they will know where he lives and keep tabs on him.

To be honest im really surprised by the lengths the police are going to - but extremely impressed by their response and pleased for her.
Wow well impressed with that response from the police usually just said nothing we can do until summit happens

Let's hope catch the weirdo
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie good View Post
Wow well impressed with that response from the police usually just said nothing we can do until summit happens

Let's hope catch the weirdo
They won't say that as he has done something ... He needs to be done for harassment ... but for the level he has done it is only a summary offence. He can end up with an ASBO FWIW too ... if the council want to actually cooperate with the police !
Appreciate 0