E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s Credit Card Fraud Problem back?

07-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

**********s Credit Card Fraud Problem back?

I know **********s had a problem with CC fraud a few years back, but a recent experience might mean it's come back.

I use my card with **********s a few days ago. The only online transaction with that card in a long time. A few days later, my card is permanently blocked for fraudulent charges.

Everyone who has bought anything through the **********s website lately, please check your account statements for any problems. Hopefully it was just a freak incident that happened to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
I recently bought something from them...and everything worked out fine. No additional charges or anything.

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Brey335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
I recently bought something from them...and everything worked out fine. No additional charges or anything.
Keep a close eye for the next couple of weeks.

Also, it hasn't happened to me before, but there is a common denominator among forum members on several forums that have had issues with CC Fraud. And that denominator is recently ordering from **********s.

Like I said, you might not have a problem. But there is a chance.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

These guys have been around for a long time dating back to the E46 days. I find it very hard to believe they would be doing it intentionally.
      07-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
Brey335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
These guys have been around for a long time dating back to the E46 days. I find it very hard to believe they would be doing it intentionally.
I'm not saying it's intentional. But it was an issue before and just happened to me as well after ordering :/

All I'm saying is that people should keep an eye on their account after any ordering online.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
I'll keep that in mind...this would be my 2-3 order from them...so I'll look closer

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
pnutty
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

I think its just bad luck. Like OP says it's not the vendor whos doing the fraud but sometimes some data gets compromised and the customer gets left with a blocked card.

My card was just blocked last week but it had nothing to do with **********s.
      12-08-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
Bigwen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335I E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
I know **********s had a problem with CC fraud a few years back, but a recent experience might mean it's come back.

I use my card with **********s a few days ago. The only online transaction with that card in a long time. A few days later, my card is permanently blocked for fraudulent charges.

Everyone who has bought anything through the **********s website lately, please check your account statements for any problems. Hopefully it was just a freak incident that happened to me.
That happens every hour on the hour around the world. That happens it has happen to me. Cancel your card and get a new card number and everything will be all right. Simple.
      01-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
fibonacci
Fancy Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Credit card companies monitor activity and can block purchases or the card itself if it detects something it considers to be outside of normal activity. If you hardly ever use your card, then use it to make a substantially large purchase at a car-parts purchasing website (which I would wager sees more of this than brick & mortar stores), this could happen. Here it sounds like they had a reasonable presumption to do so (even though they were incorrect).

Consumers are liable for no more than $50 of purchases due to credit card fraud, $0 if reported prior to the fraud itself (if you lost a card, reported it, and was successfully used afterwards).

According to FTC, Credit Card Loss or Fraudulent Charges:
"Under the FCBA, your liability for unauthorized use of your credit card tops out at $50. However, if you report the loss before your credit card is used, the FCBA says you are not responsible for any charges you didn’t authorize. If your credit card number is stolen, but not the card, you are not liable for unauthorized use."

Note that the credit card companies are liable for the damages, so it is in their best interest to monitor activity for fraud and block potentially unauthorized activity - even if it means an inconvenience to the customer. Well, it's an insurance claim - so its between them and their insurance co. But you get the idea.

Fraud happens when someone steals the card number, it's that simple. Anyone you physically hand the card to or is capable of intercepting it during a transaction. All it takes is one bad person, and I would say doesn't necessarily mean a business itself is at fault.

Why was the name of the vendor redacted?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Why was the name of the vendor redacted?
Because the vendor was banned. Whether it was for this (which I highly doubt) or other reasons, their account was banned and the forum owners don't want them getting free advertising through reviews or suggestions.
      01-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

no pay-pal no business from me
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

I've done business with them numerous times and never had any issues.
Appreciate 0