E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > anyone ever use modmym3.com???

04-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

If its the same material then go with modmy3. Their products have positive reviews and I have PMed them several questions with quick and thoughtful replies.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #46
austin335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 BMW 335ia

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ries View Post
horrible. enough said.. products are good though
My experience was similar.

Paid for the product the same day as I paid for an M3 rep spoiler in Taiwan. The spoiler arrived first, and I live 100 miles from San Diego.

I didn't even have a purchase confirmation until the day AFTER my products arrived. I complained because what they sent me was broken and defective, got random gmail replies, and then nothing. I sent two emails a week apart to their websites email form, and got no reply. Nothing.

Next, I opened a dispute on Paypal. Not wanting to be a jerk, I asked for $30 back for my trouble and janky parts. They immediately closed it and gave me $30. No communication.

Then, I got on here and PM'd someone from Modmy3, and he replied "we refunded you yesterday". I of course had to reply to that with a "you guys aren't very good at what you do, b/c I was going to buy the complete M3 body kit for my e90" and a hero emerged. Oh, yes, we are terribly sorry what can we do to fix it. Our new assistant is going to be all over this, blah blah blah. A week or two later I get an email from a girl saying she's here to help.

That's the experience I had, and I even live in LA. They've got a lot of work to do and won't be earning my business.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #47
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin335i View Post

Paid for the product the same day as I paid for an M3 rep spoiler in Taiwan. The spoiler arrived first, and I live 100 miles from San Diego.

I didn't even have a purchase confirmation until the day AFTER my products arrived. I complained because what they sent me was broken and defective, got random gmail replies, and then nothing. I sent two emails a week apart to their websites email form, and got no reply. Nothing.

Next, I opened a dispute on Paypal. Not wanting to be a jerk, I asked for $30 back for my trouble and janky parts. They immediately closed it and gave me $30. No communication.

Then, I got on here and PM'd someone from Modmy3, and he replied "we refunded you yesterday". I of course had to reply to that with a "you guys aren't very good at what you do, b/c I was going to buy the complete M3 body kit for my e90" and a hero emerged. Oh, yes, we are terribly sorry what can we do to fix it. Our new assistant is going to be all over this, blah blah blah. A week or two later I get an email from a girl saying she's here to help.

That's the experience I had, and I even live in LA. They've got a lot of work to do and won't be earning my business.

That's unfortunate. I PMed them about an M3 rep bumper a few days ago and the communication has been great. A girl named Marie has been quick to reply. It does concern me that they are shipping broken items though.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #48
austin335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 BMW 335ia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW330 View Post
That's unfortunate. I PMed them about an M3 rep bumper a few days ago and the communication has been great. A girl named Marie has been quick to reply. It does concern me that they are shipping broken items though.
They shipped me a grill with broken tab and a large imperfection on it. That's all. The new girl is who I was told would be in touch with me and took a while to reach out, but I didn't even give her a chance. I'm over it- there's a lot of places between me and San Diego to match prices at
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #49
Ross620
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

fuck man. idk what to do, but saving that extra money would be a big plus..
      04-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #50
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Ross, if you need any questions answered, please feel free to PM me or call me. My number is listed on our site and all calls go to my cell phone. It's 11PM in Cali, and I'm still working and replying to inquiries, so you can call tonight, if you'd like and I'll be happy to help you out!

To everyone who's had a great experience with us, thank you all for your support!

For anyone who has had a less than perfect experience, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences, lapse in communication or receipt of a damaged part due to carrier mishandling. Please give us the chance to change your previous thoughts on us and we will be sure to turn things around.

Austin, I've tried contacting you and if you don't give me a chance, then I can not help you, but that's your decision and I respect that. I'm sorry I couldn't be of service to you.

Have a great night, everyone!

Thanks,
Marie
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #51
keeedle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Garage List
2008 BMW E90  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW330
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin335i View Post

I have been communicating with Marie as well and she is very nice. She gave me a lot of advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #52
jdhart73
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Never bought a thing from Modmy3 before and purchased an Mtech rear and M3 front on the 8th. Both arrived in Kansas to me within 7 days. I was bummed out when I opened the M3 front and it had been cracked during shipping. Called Marie and within 15 minutes she was setting me up a new shipment for a replacement.
No complaints here!

These things are pretty fragile and can get busted up during shipping, I had a front for my previous e60 that had to be shipped back and forth 3 times!

Jake
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #53
Ross620
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@modmy3.com View Post
Ross, if you need any questions answered, please feel free to PM me or call me. My number is listed on our site and all calls go to my cell phone. It's 11PM in Cali, and I'm still working and replying to inquiries, so you can call tonight, if you'd like and I'll be happy to help you out!

To everyone who's had a great experience with us, thank you all for your support!

For anyone who has had a less than perfect experience, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences, lapse in communication or receipt of a damaged part due to carrier mishandling. Please give us the chance to change your previous thoughts on us and we will be sure to turn things around.

Austin, I've tried contacting you and if you don't give me a chance, then I can not help you, but that's your decision and I respect that. I'm sorry I couldn't be of service to you.

Have a great night, everyone!

Thanks,
Marie
thanks for the response Marie. I sent you guys a message. Thanks
      04-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #54
mpeng98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E71

not recommended
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #55
Ross620
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeng98 View Post
not recommended
there representative Marie seems very promissing this time around seeing that she has stepped up to deal with all the problems, and shipments and what not..

the only thing that im worried about is recieving broken or damaged merchandise, but they do assure you a replacement free of charge.

even though do to all the bad reviews ive read, and mainly the good ones from Local Buyers, i think ill give them a try. Every vendor deserves a chance.

They also have the best price on an e90 rear mtech and black line tail lights.. (IF IM WRONG PLEASE POST)
Ill be sure to let you guys know how my transaction with them goes.

Thanks

Last edited by Ross620; 04-19-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #56
e90335iftw
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ordered blackline taillights from modmym3.Although it took longer then expected for the item to arrive ( i live in canada ). Great product, fitment was a little off but it's not oem.
Appreciate 0