E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Is this normal? Lights don't automatically turn off?

03-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
SFL328iCP
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 328i Coupe - Alpine

Is this normal? Lights don't automatically turn off?

When it' s day outside I usually set my light knob switch to city lights which activate the angel eyes. Perhaps there is a way to have them always on during the day which I would assume is enabling the DRL in the menu settings on the car. The problem I am currently having is when I manually set the switch to the first setting to the right after the neutral setting which is center on the light switch the lights don't turn off. On several occasions I have left the switch on when I have gotten off the car to do groceries or whatever and when I come back the lights are still on. Luckily I haven't left the car unattended long enough for it to drain my battery. Any input guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
They're called parking lights, not city lights. It's normal that they stay on. I don't think you model supports DRL angels eyes. You can however turn off your DRL lights through your iDrive. JLevi sells a product that keeps your angel eyes running all the time (when your engine is on), without the amber parking lights on aswell. I don't think you can turn them off while the engine is on. That's the sole reason I didn't get it. Anyway if you keep your car in "Auto" it keeps you AE on during the day when it gets dark out it switches power to your headlights automatically. That same way it would if you didn't have the kit. It's called Daeos.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
zamba0321
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 328i convertible

You should enable the DRL in the menu and then set your light switch to 'auto' then your angels will be on during daytime and your lights will come on/off automatically..
09 328i Blue water E93 | M-Sport | Step | Prem | Nav | ipod | Lux H8 | BMS PBX | Remotekey+ | MFD scoops | LED turn signals and sidemarkers | MTEC Fogs | Black BMW performance grills | LCI Paddle shifters
Appreciate 0