E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > ****Official Bensonhurst Brooklyn Meet Thread

07-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #23
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
Yeah... maybe we should roll out there to support, maybe they'll roll thru for us 1 day +there's usually hot girls @ that Applebee's
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
the last one went to me =X sorry lol

-john, are you talking bout the applebees meet in union nj?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #24
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
Yeah... maybe we should roll out there to support, maybe they'll roll thru for us 1 day +there's usually hot girls @ that Applebee's
lol im down for w.e its up to the ppls
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #25
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
No doubt homie.. We'll come up with a plan collectively.. Thats what our crew's about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
lol im down for w.e its up to the ppls
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #26
Bobby_LeMans
Banned
Rep
Drives: your mom wild!

sounds like fun....i guess I ll be seeing you guys @ this meet in about a month..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
lol.... We'll be waitin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_Foot View Post
sounds like fun....i guess I ll be seeing you guys @ this meet in about a month..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_Foot View Post
wacha gettin
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
You guys have to go to my stats and find this argument I'm having with a canadian douchebag that has nothing nice to say about NYC or the People here!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #30
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wow I can't believe that you got banned over that....Thats some BS...They should have gave you a warning plus a infraction if anything....
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #31
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
You guys have to go to my stats and find this argument I'm having with a canadian douchebag that has nothing nice to say about NYC or the People here!
douchebag checking in...

listen man, I went to Cielo on saturday night which IS IN the meat packing district (freaking bizarre town name, but whatever)... and I had a blast however it didn't live up to the expectations that I was given.

I had never been to NYC before until this weekend. I've been to Virginia Beach and Florida (a crap load of places in florida).

Other than that, my trips venture out to europe. The party scene in europe is like no other. If you care to disagree with me, that's fine... ignorance is bliss... however millions of people vacation to greece, poland, czech, spain and portugal to party like rockstars. The only other places I would love to go and tear it up at is Brazil and possibly Singapore (waaay too far and long of an air flight for my likings).

NYC was sub-par. From the friday night when I went to check out Pacha (it was closed), the Hudsons Terrace was littered with douchebag ginos and not enough women. I skipped out on that and ventured down to Websters Hall (a few of the locals suggested it, including the bouncers AT hudsons terrace and the one next door... I think it was called "Salon"??). Either way, I know how to talk to bouncers. I'm not new to this scene... I didn't once pay for cover except at Websters Hall. They were keen on making me pay... I felt robbed when all I saw was teeny boppers.

What really pissed me off was that two of the bartenders refused to serve me MY drink. I didn't ask for the house vodka (absolut junk... if you catch my drift...). I wanted a belvedere with an Un-Opened Redbull. I don't care for paying more - I just want MY drink the way I wanted it. It took everything in me not to leave. I suffered through that friday night.

Saturday I walked around times square and chatted up a few of the local workers at different places (from restaurants to stores to even the Information Center LOL). I got a general vibe from the house junkies to check out Cielo or APT.

I went to cielo that night and it was a zillion times better than websters hall the night before. I drank my face off and even befriended a few of the bouncers. If you're ever planning on going there - just talk with Josh and tell him you're the Canadian guys' friend.

But I want to bring back the point I was trying to make... the expectation bar was set very high for me when on the first hour of my arrival at manhattan I had spent closer to $250 on dinner. When the mediocre places are charging $250 for a meal for two and a bottle of wine... I expect the rest of the city to follow suit. I was piss-poorly let down on the night life scene. From the redbull vodkas being $17 U.S. each... I expect:

1 - A DAMN GOOD DRINK.
2 - A more higher end class of people
3 - Standards

All in that order of importance.

The standards were subjective however I didn't once run into one girl (whether it be with or without a man) that made me go DAMN!... other than the fat ass at IHOP in Harlem.... DON'T ASK... My GPS NAV wanted me dead apparently. Me and my friend were the only two white people in that IHOP lololol... fucking awkward.

I'll post more later if you're open to a more civilized chat.

Edit: Why did you get banned? I didn't complain lol... I was too busy driving back to Toronto today.
      07-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #32
semtex
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

NYC nitelife and other randomness

well this is my first post on these forums, just gave up my GTI for a 325i..

anyways is this g2g stil happening? would love to meet up with some people and chat about a few things.

i used to hit a vwvortex g2g in the same parking lot a while back, had some good times

regarding nyc nitelife... ive been a dj/promoter in this city for 15+ years and know all the spots.. cielo is dope, especially on thursdays! the girl to speak to is jessica at the door for comps..

im sorry you had a mixed outing in our fine city but its most likely because you were referred to bad parties, there are many dope venues around but the nights you choose to go are the determining fun factor. pacha is a nyc experience, not the greatest one i must admit, but its the last superclub in nyc.

it all depends on what you are looking for and talking to someone who understands you and this city. it sounds like this didnt happen this time around, though you were lucky enough to find cielo.

sadly i wish it were still 1995 and you could have gone to limelight on a wednesday or saturday to a) hear me spin and b) have the most amazing debaucherous time of your life GUARANTEED. but hey thats yesteryear so lets just hope next time around theres something happening to show you just how magical this city can be.

though, your whole overseas itinerary mysteriously leaves off prague which baffles me.. if you want to be an international rockstar, that city should be very high on your list.

lastly, its called the meatpacking district because all of the butcher houses and meat packing/distribution facilities are there. just an fyi.

ps. i didnt mean for this post to come off rude or anything, just informative. and i definitely plan on hitting this g2g if its still happening this week.

steve
2006 325i arctic metallic 4 door 6spd
http://www.semny.com/washed.html if youre interested in downloading a mix cd i put out last month.. new one is coming though
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #33
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
regarding nyc nitelife... ive been a dj/promoter in this city for 15+ years and know all the spots.. cielo is dope, especially on thursdays! the girl to speak to is jessica at the door for comps..

im sorry you had a mixed outing in our fine city but its most likely because you were referred to bad parties, there are many dope venues around but the nights you choose to go are the determining fun factor. pacha is a nyc experience, not the greatest one i must admit, but its the last superclub in nyc.

it all depends on what you are looking for and talking to someone who understands you and this city. it sounds like this didnt happen this time around, though you were lucky enough to find cielo.

sadly i wish it were still 1995 and you could have gone to limelight on a wednesday or saturday to a) hear me spin and b) have the most amazing debaucherous time of your life GUARANTEED. but hey thats yesteryear so lets just hope next time around theres something happening to show you just how magical this city can be.

though, your whole overseas itinerary mysteriously leaves off prague which baffles me.. if you want to be an international rockstar, that city should be very high on your list.

lastly, its called the meatpacking district because all of the butcher houses and meat packing/distribution facilities are there. just an fyi.

ps. i didnt mean for this post to come off rude or anything, just informative. and i definitely plan on hitting this g2g if its still happening this week.

steve
2006 325i arctic metallic 4 door 6spd
http://www.semny.com/washed.html if youre interested in downloading a mix cd i put out last month.. new one is coming though
Hey Steve,

I don't normally take things offensively, but rather constructively.

I understand the game and the "exclusivity" of it as well.

In Toronto, just like you mentioned, each night has it's top-flight place to hit up. If you don't make it to that one particular place on that specific night, it'll come across that Toronto sucks at the night life scene as well. However the main difference here is that no matter if its friday or saturday, you can still reach a decent place and have a good time - even if you don't know which particular place to go thats the hot-spot for that given night... but the beauty of Toronto is that 90% of its 'downtown' clubs are within a square-block radius. Easy to walk around and pick out which one looks most fitting.

I didn't have a good time overall. I was more impressed at the fact my GPS Navigation kept losing connectivity to satellites while deep in manhattan rather than the night life.

I've been around the scene and more involved in the inner workings of it (haha suddenly I have this urge to listen to Mark Knight - Club Politics)...

For the record, Prague is in Czech Republic Definitely #1 in the party game. Spain and Greece (the islands) are a close Second Place in my books.

Like I mentioned, Cielo was playing great music and I enjoyed it there... its just two things that were lacking:

1 - Women. There were barely any decent looking broads, nevermind hot ones.
2 - Drinks. The prices are insane in comparison to what you get elsewhere in the world.

I remember paying $12 euros in Portugal for a Redbull and Belvedere... however half the glass was vodka, 1/4 redbull and the other 1/4 ice. Well worth it in my opinion... and you know when its a serious drink when you shake your head after a quick sip of it.
      07-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #34
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
I've been to APT not Cielo. APT is cool, but I'm sorry for your unfortunate experiences.. and I'm not surprised at it. My partying days have slowed down. I haven't been to the clubs in a long time unless I'm getting paid to photograph the event.. (my girl's got us busy checking out so many other things of interest lately). I love the night life, but there are a lot of places in the city that aren't so great.. but ARE probably on certain nights. It's a hit or miss for most spots.. but there are soooo many spots out there.

Now that the summer is here, I plan to hit up a few higher class spots to give em a try, but i won't expect much from them.

Dude is entitled to his own opinion. To me, NYC party city has a lot of catching up to do in terms of decor and... almost everything else... Look at Vegas, Cali, and spots out in Egypt... I know for sure they are much bigger and better.. I've seen official images and I have friends who've traveled there to confirm my assumption.

I'm going to Toronto sometime next month! Can't wait to seee what their "scene" is like lol

Please don't bash me lol

Sometimes you
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #35
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

guys...let it be...the man had a bad experience so be it...maybe next time he will have a better time if he ever comes back here...One thing I would suggest is coming down to New York City, it would be better if you came here with someone instead of being by yourself...NYC is really a party place if you had someone that was familiar with the area..
Let bring this thread back on topic

Is any coming this Thursday night?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #36
semtex
Rep

sorry i missed you writing czech, i was a bit under the influence posting and trying to read this forum on a damn 46" lcd from like 12 feet away

sadder part is i reread your post 3 times to make sure i was on point rofl
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #37
semtex
Rep

yeah ill stop by thursday night, then maybe we all hit cielo
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #38
Point N Shoot
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Left Foot & Right Foot

Whats going on guys, Just spoke to John(LuvMyRide) minutes ago, and he agreed that things should be this way in order for this Get Together stay strong and last...

Everyone should leave, the same way they come in..
Peacefully, Quietly..
No Wreckless Driving, No Burnouts, Anything that may cause attention that may lead others to come our way, or bring the MAN over, means NO...
Come in, Relax, Chill out, Get Food or Bring Food, Share Stories, and if feel like, share the same passion we all share..

Address:8943 Bay Parkway which is Exit 5 of the Belt Parkway,
You should see of the highway Toys R Us, TD bank,Wendys, Bestbuy, Strauss Auto, Etc... after you pull in the main lot, the Get Together is behind TD Bank from what I was told..
http://photowithart.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #39
Bobby_LeMans
Banned
Rep

anybody wants to pick me up..free Muscle Milk!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #40
Bobby_LeMans
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post
DAMN!
Thats right...the Carton not whole JUG..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #41
Bobby_LeMans
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post
that stuff is ok.. wheybolic protein1
+1 on that...
I just have some extras @ home trying to get rid of...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #42
Point N Shoot
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Left Foot & Right Foot

http://photowithart.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #43
JJ709
LuvMyRide
Rep
Drives: E90 Xi

Wazzzzup guys.. Guess who

See you tonight!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #44
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I will only go if the weather is not raining! Car doesn't like bad weather!!!
Appreciate 0