E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335i M-sport - 2nd Week of ownership - experiences and Q's

06-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

335i M-sport - 2nd Week of ownership - experiences and Q's

Hi Guys just though i'd run a few things over with you guys.....its just over a week since i've had the car

I have a few points and questions to discuss

1. Due to paintwork problems (dealer must of caused these issues) I am taking her to the stealer tomorrow to get them to look at it. What a shocking job the VPP was, infact worse than that there seems to be marks on the clear coat. Heres an email sent to the dealer -

"It has come to my attention, that the paintwork on the boot area, roof and bonnet have maybe 15+ marks in total, it looks as if the clear coat has come away, the marks are infact pepper pot shaped and about 2-3mm in size. (Although it is smooth if you run your finger on them) Some of them have a number of tiny scratches around them as it looks like someone has tried to polish them out. Also the roof has a white area (near the fin) that looks very unsightly, with numerous scraches.

It only came to my attention after giving the car a hose on saturday and of course I did not see them when I picked the car up as it was wet, which is a shame.

Not sure how these were caused, as I would be shocked to hear the car could of come from the factory like this.

Please advise on how I can proceed to get this resolved."

Just nervous they are going to make things worse! still having thoughts about drive and shine Zaino detailing and excepting that dealers are usually crap at preping cars! I notice that my pre-delivery checks were done 2 weeks prior to pickup.. i wonder if she was sitting under a tree!
Nevertheless it looks stunning in black and red leather, those 225m's look amazing.

2. 400 miles on her - taken it to 6k once (by accident - i was messing with the paddles!) but the oil temp was hot so should be ok. Driving in DS mode is amazing! i still can't believe how "V8" the BMW 6 sounds.. its roars and growls and the performance is incredible. I've been using tesco 99 but will change now and again and use shell v power / bp ultimate, afterall if you drop to the min 95 RON for the 335i you will lose ponnies.

3. USB option is great, the standard sound is ok but wish i went for hifi pro or logic7. Bluetooth is great, my Nokia n95 paired nicely, but would not download address book so my misses gave me her k800i, so I probably will buy the cradle.

4. Opted for tyre insurance and 25K GAP for 600 notes. Still gutted I only got 3% discount but not letting that spoil the experience. VPP was giving as a free option due to my complaining about small %, wish I hadn't got it now but i understand it covers me as regards to paintwork issues etc but I have them now! and most of them caused by the VPP!

5. Pro sat nav works great, but it annoys me that in perspective mode its hardly shows any roads names! I know the assitance Window does but its not the same glad i did the speed camera hack - works a treat

Few Q's

- TMC on the Sat NAV - I hardly get TMC reception at all.. its very very rarely on. I have set it to auto... anyone have this issue?

- Ride Quality is good on those 225m's even with sport suspension but I have to avoid manhole covers and speed bumps - very slowly. Infact I have noticed a few rattles coming from the doors - I think and they are annoying!!!!!!! so I assume this must be the door sills.. was going to apply some rubber care product such as the uber expensive Carbaflo! But its 70 quid! Or maybe gummi fpledge.
http://www.carbaflodirect.com/findoutmore.html
Still a week old car shouldn’t have these rattles surely – you’d think the seals would be ok , sometimes I think they come from the back of the car, but these things are so difficult to trace. The small imperfections in the road seem to bring out the rattles more, theres less when I go over quite rough road – weird. If I put the Windows down I think they are still there however.
- Due to the above I have reduced the air in the rear tyres to see if this helps. I have gone from 2.7 bar to 2.5 (from 39 to 36 PSI) could this cause problems do you think??? Slighty better so far. But will try the rubber treatment to see if this helps.

- Haven’t lit a cigarette in her yet, and don’t think I ever will!!
Thanks for reading this messed up post!!
Advice, thoughts guys?

Cheers!

Last edited by dazzapb; 06-08-2007 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
baddabing
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 30sd

Garage List
Congrats Dazzapb you have a geat car. I have noticed a few rattles from my doors too but its not really loud seem to be inside the door panel !! its not constant so will see if it goes with time. Keep the car ciggie free its amazing how easy it is to do. I have never smoked in our 335 (the wife uses it during the day) so its makes it easier .The smell of the leather is far better than smoke stink. smokeless and spend the money saved on petrol ........
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks Baddabing good advice there mate
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Dazzzzzzzzz,re paintwork make sure the stealer gets it sorted !
rattles,how annoying are they any rattle instanly drives me nuts!
Get stealer again to sort this out,long gone are the days when you need everything to bed in on a new car - let alone a Bmer,with all the recent posts re fuel pump issues,crap paintwork etc i really hope that bmw aren,t going the same way Mercedes went a few years back

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 02:17 AM   #5
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Congrats! You have a very nice car.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
4. Opted for tyre insurance and 25K GAP for 600 notes.
Was that through BMW Finance? What does the tyre insurance cover?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

UPDATE - took car to dealership this morning at 9am, finally it was washed about 10.30am and once under shade the valet guy said "mate you car is damaged”

The bodyshop have recommended a re-spray of the bonnet/roof and boot area! will be getting an update soon. It looks like bird crap/sap damage – the dealers face was a picture when the bodyshop guy was saying this, infact so was mine!

Peter - 25k gap was 400 pounds and £200 for the tyre insurance, which covers for any form of damage to the tyre ie puncture, malicious damage etc, you will get a new tyre for a £10 excess. This policy covers 5 tyres for 5 years (i think) as the 225m tyres are between 220-300 it was a no brainer for me
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #8
m33porsche
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C2S

Quote:
UPDATE - took car to dealership this morning at 9am, finally it was washed about 10.30am and once under shade the valet guy said "mate you car is damaged”

The bodyshop have recommended a re-spray of the bonnet/roof and boot area! will be getting an update soon. It looks like bird crap/sap damage – the dealers face was a picture when the bodyshop guy was saying this, infact so was mine!

Peter - 25k gap was 400 pounds and £200 for the tyre insurance, which covers for any form of damage to the tyre ie puncture, malicious damage etc, you will get a new tyre for a £10 excess. This policy covers 5 tyres for 5 years (i think) as the 225m tyres are between 220-300 it was a no brainer for me

result - really worth persevering with things like this:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks m33porsche, a respray seems like a big thing to me, its worries me as i doubt they will get the same finish as the factory? and will the paintwork last etc.....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
m33porsche
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C2S

a re-spray is a big thing but if done correctly, and there would be no reason to suspect that a dealer would have anything less that tip top facilities, the result should be factory standard -good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #11
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
thanks m33porsche, a respray seems like a big thing to me, its worries me as i doubt they will get the same finish as the factory? and will the paintwork last etc.....
Done correctly you'll not notice the difference.

I had a couple of dinks in the passemnger door of my E46 done a couple of years ago. It was only when I washed the car for the 1st time that I could see the extent of the respray and blend by the water not beading as well as the rest of the (zymol'd) car.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0