E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Kobe vs LeBrick

03-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #155
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
except he has more then 3..
Lebron needed more all stars then that to win.

Oh yeah and you could actually say Shaq needed Kobe and Wade to win his titles instead of the other way.

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #156
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Finally, someone agrees how difficult it was for the Lakers to win. They had to beat really good teams. Unlike now the eastern conference has been a joke since Lebron entered the league. I find it funny how the Lebron fans say he could not win in Cleveland because he didn't have anyone. Cleveland had the best record, top defensive team, top free throw percentage, and they lost in the finals. I was shocked that Lebron never won a scoring title during his time with Cleveland because the eastern conference was horrible. Allen Iverson, who is half of Lebrons size won a scoring title, because he had twice the amount of heart, and guts. Iverson would take you inside, outside, whatever it took to win the game. Lebron, just took the easy way, and joined an already established superstar in Wade. Now he finds himself again, playing in a horrible eastern conference. But now he has Wade, Bosh, and company. I would of have more respect for him if he took a bad team (Cleveland) and made them win the a championship.Instead, he piggy backed off of Wade. This whole winning streak means nothing, because again, with the exception of 5-6 teams the NBA is flooded with bad teams. So Lebron continue making commercials, and good luck trying to win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, and so on championships, because you are going to find yourself again having to piggy back off another superstar to win those champions because wade, and company won't be around that long.
Amen. LeBron treats it as a game. Kobe as a business. Works harder than anyone out there and if you don't think that translates into your team worker harder you are fooling yourself.

I take Kobe over Lebron

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #157
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
Amen. LeBron treats it as a game. Kobe as a business. Works harder than anyone out there and if you don't think that translates into your team worker harder you are fooling yourself.

I take Kobe over Lebron
James will surpass MJ and Bryant, I would take MJ over both, but James will pass em both after all is said and done, he has way to much raw talent, its great watching him play.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #158
SDSmain
Private
Rep
Drives: ///M / AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
James will surpass MJ and Bryant, I would take MJ over both, but James will pass em both after all is said and done, he has way to much raw talent, its great watching him play.
please tell me your joking? I don't think you've seen Kobe and MJ play in their prime? Cause you got it all wrong boy.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #159
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Lebron plays in the eastern conference which is the biggest joke. And playing in a league that has gotten soo soft, it's how last year OKC vs Miami, lebron as soon as he would get into the paint the refs would call a foul, it's funny because Durant would drive and get fouled and NOT get a call. Wade was even UNTOUCHED and he would still get the and 1. If lebron fans don't believe it you can even watch videos on youtube. He needed to switch teams to get on a team with some superstars and pay the refs to win a championship, with OH YA, a half a season. Their are a lot of people, including me wondering how much he paid the refs?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #160
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

so much hate for lebron and the heat........ i would love to hear all you haters if you all had lebron on your team. lebron is a beast and what he is doing is unmatched by any current player in the league right now. kobe is past his prime and he got all the rings he could when he had the chance. why is it so bad for lebron to try and do the same????

you guys need to stop hating and start congratulating.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #161
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
^ Because Kobe didn't jump team just to win championships the easy way?

There's no doubt he's beasting it right now, though. The streak they currently have is mainly due to Lebron stepping it up, especially the last 2 games when they were down double figures!

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack

Last edited by tigermack; 03-22-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #162
zackf80m
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2011 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
so much hate for lebron and the heat........ i would love to hear all you haters if you all had lebron on your team. lebron is a beast and what he is doing is unmatched by any current player in the league right now. kobe is past his prime and he got all the rings he could when he had the chance. why is it so bad for lebron to try and do the same????

+10000
      03-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #163
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I have been watching basketball way longer than 11-12 years. I don't remember Portland being that great. They had Rasheed Wallace and that's about it. They were never really that tough to beat. I remember the Kings were a tough tough team with no superstar on the team. Just a bunch of good players that knows their role with C Web, Divac, and Bibby. But one of the playoff series was rigged by Tom Donaghy.
You should try a little more google and youtube....they were both top teams which would have won championships if they got past the lakers. Both the kings and blazers had their stars and both had deep rosters.

Was webber a superstar, I don't know, but during that stretch he was playing like a top 15 PF of all time.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #164
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:

Because he took the easy way out and hopped on with some superstars... And that the eastern conference is a joke
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #165
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
LMAO. Did you watch basketball in the 1990s at all?
      03-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #166
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
LMAO. Did you watch basketball in the 1990s at all?
I was born in 85 so yah In grade school MJ was my hero, loved seeing him go up in the air like a helicopter, it looked like he would just keep climbing when everyone else was coming down, perfect name for him (Air Jordan) his D was bad ass to he would lock most up.

Kobe i felt copied Mike with his moves and trying to be like him, it just rubbed me the wrong way and the love for him went out the door, not a hater but not a fan.

James is solid man, I think he gets the short end most of the time, you guys should give him more respect, I think 5 or 6 years from now you will look back on this thread and say Ruckus was right KIng James topped them both.

And LAMO I am not, don't hate the player hate the game
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #167
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSmain View Post
please tell me your joking? I don't think you've seen Kobe and MJ play in their prime? Cause you got it all wrong boy.
Man I'm a Jordan fan too, but James is right there in the same league, don't live in the past G appreciate todays hoopers, I miss Mike too but James has mad game too he's bad ass
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #168
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Because he took the easy way out and hopped on with some superstars... And that the eastern conference is a joke

i still dont get it he would have faced the same hate had he gone to any other team and won a ring.

everyone was delighted when he failed to win the championship the first year with miami, but now that he got the ring and is at the level he is at nobody wants to recognize.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #169
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
i still dont get it he would have faced the same hate had he gone to any other team and won a ring.

everyone was delighted when he failed to win the championship the first year with miami, but now that he got the ring and is at the level he is at nobody wants to recognize.
He would have got hate no matter were he went. Do you actually think he would have signed with a shitty team? He needed help so he jumped aboard on the heat decided to have some superstars and take the easy way
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #170
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Posted a link earlier showing that Kobe is about 25% on playoff game winning shots while Lebron is like 41%. That meme is cute tho
Well obviously kobe has taken more shots as to lebron were he randomly decides to shoot but most of the time he gets scared and passes the ball
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #171
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Lebron needed more all stars then that to win.

Oh yeah and you could actually say Shaq needed Kobe and Wade to win his titles instead of the other way.
Bosh and Wade? Wade and Bosh isn't even the best players of their position. While Kobe has the best center twice in his career. Shaq and Howard and the best power forward in the league during their championship run. Andrew Bynum was an all star too. How about 6th man of the year Odom? 15 points/10 rebound per game.

Lebron has 2 all star teammates while Kobe also had 2 all star teammates but doesn't get bashed. Oh the irony..

Shaq and Kobe needed each other. But we all know which one was the more dominant one. 3x MVP Finals. So it was more like Kobe needed Shaq while Shaq needed Wade...

Quote:

I take Kobe over Lebron
What are you talking about? Are you saying Lebron isn't working hard? 3 times MVP about to get his 4th one and on a 24 game winning streak.

If the all time great MJ says Lebron is more dominant than Kobe, doesn't that mean he is the better overall player?

Quote:
Lebron plays in the eastern conference which is the biggest joke. And playing in a league that has gotten soo soft, it's how last year OKC vs Miami, lebron as soon as he would get into the paint the refs would call a foul, it's funny because Durant would drive and get fouled and NOT get a call. Wade was even UNTOUCHED and he would still get the and 1. If lebron fans don't believe it you can even watch videos on youtube. He needed to switch teams to get on a team with some superstars and pay the refs to win a championship, with OH YA, a half a season. Their are a lot of people, including me wondering how much he paid the refs?
You do know that Kevin Durant draws the most foul in the league right? Kevin Durant drew more fouls than Lebron James, Wade, Kobe.

Russell Westbrook, James Harden, and Kevin Durant drew more fouls than Lebron, Wade and Bosh last season. I guess the Heat payed the refs to have the Thunder players get more fouls called..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
this, people forget that LeBron, at 23 years old, was in the Finals.

he single handedly took a bunch of D-League players to the Finals and lost.

what Bron is doing right now, is better than anything Jordan and Kobe have ever done.

if Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan ever had a baby, and that baby got pregnant by Karl Malone, and that baby got pregnant by Magic (pre AIDS), that baby would be LeBron.

at 6'8" 260lbs, he's doing things that even Jordan/Kobe are jealous of.

when Jordan and Kobe agressively go to the rack on a fastbreak, who can stop them !?!? pretty much anyone in the league that can jump and make contact, because they're toddlers in size compared to Bron.

when LeBron gets out on a fastbreak with a full head of steam, everyone clears out - even Karl Malone would get pummeled standing in front of Bron. hell, Bron weighs as much or MORE than Malone in his prime.

pfffft, Jordan was an athletic kid in his prime and there was never anyone like him up until that era, but he never had the size and power of Bron.

we are watcvhing a legend in the making - there will never be another 6'8" 260lb basketball player that is faster than Jordan, as powerful in the paint as Shaq and Barkley, can pass like Magic and that can score literally at will against anyone.

Jordan couldn't pass like Bron, he couldn't rebound like Bron and he couldn't shoot 3's like Bron.

and get this - for the last 7 years Bron's FG% has gotten better EVERY SINGLE YEAR !!!!!

so, in short, from the field and from behind the 3pt line, Bron is still a better player...

Bron can get to the basket better because of his quicks and size...Jordan was a child at only 195lbs compared to Bron's 260+.

one thing that Jordan does better than Bron is defense - Jordan was an animal on defense.

Jordan didn't start winning championships until there were multiple all-stars surrounding him on the floor - remind you of anyone ??

again, Bron made his first finals appearence when he was 23 years old - and his team consisted of roll players and a fan that won a Cavaliers contest during one of the halftime games....

Bron can play every position on the floor, and ghas on several occasions.

Jordan could play 2 positions at best, because he was limited by his size and athletic ability - i would have never ever thought i'd say that Jordan was limited by his athletic ability, but when you compare him to bron, that statement is 100% legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
You should try a little more google and youtube....they were both top teams which would have won championships if they got past the lakers. Both the kings and blazers had their stars and both had deep rosters.

Was webber a superstar, I don't know, but during that stretch he was playing like a top 15 PF of all time.
King and Blazers would of won the championship if they got past the Lakers, but the eastern conference was a joke. There were only a few competitive teams in the western conference at that time. Kings, Spurs, and Lakers.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #172
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
Odom was nobody... still is. Only reason he got the numbers is because of Phil, the system just worked for him with his size. Reminded me of Toni Kukoc that can't shoot as well.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #173
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
Odom was nobody... still is. Only reason he got the numbers is because of Phil, the system just worked for him with his size. Reminded me of Toni Kukoc that can't shoot as well.
16/10/5 guy in his prime with the Lakers is a nobody? Damn, what are you smoking.. let me get some of that
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #174
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

1st MVP, Wade should of won. He had better all around numbers than LJ. Lebron won that year because Cleveland had the best record in the NBA. So some would say it was because of Lebron playing with Cleveland. I think the eastern conference that year had 5 teams above .500. Again, a horrible conference. So obviously LJ had enough to be on a team with the best record. So why couldn't he win a championship with the same team that had the best record? 2nd MVP he deserved, 3rd MVP should of gone to Durant. If you want to be considered as one of the NBAs best, you have to beat the best, not join forces with them. Again, I respect his athletic ability, his hustle on the court, I wish he did it without Wade.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #175
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
16/10/5 guy in his prime with the Lakers is a nobody? Damn, what are you smoking.. let me get some of that
What I was saying is, he was nobody without Phil. The system fit him, he sucks before and after that, with any other team. You fail to comprehend what everyone else posts on here anyways.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #176
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Wow, they beat a 23-47 Detroit team. Very impressive win. Next the 16-52 Bobcats, I'm sure this game will be on primetime T.V. Next, 18-52 Orlando. This will be game of the week.

Last edited by ny325; 03-23-2013 at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 0