E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Pre purchase inspection

06-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

Pre purchase inspection

Hi,
Looking at a car with this dealership, Autohaus Prestige,

http://www.autohaus-prestige.com.au/

Wonder if anyone ever comes with any good or bad experience with them?

AND want to know if there is any mechanic recommendation for a pre purchase inspection in VIC?
If not, Stateroads, RACV....which is better?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
33mjb
BMW fanatic
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i MSport

Hi there,

I purchased my e90 320i privately last year in Melbourne and like I you wanted to get it checked out before I purchased it. I got the seller to take the car down to Prestige Auto Works at Airport West, and for $198 they gave it a thorough look over. After they sent through the report to me, the guy there was more than happy to spend about half an hour on the phone with me to talk through the report in detail and provide additional guidance. He told me what was wrong now, and what was likely to go wrong in the near future, given the age and km's, etc. Overall I was quite impressed with the inspection and the level of detail they went to and would definitely recommend them!
Appreciate 0