E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Want performance rotors with out the BBK price? Check these guys out!

05-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Want performance rotors with out the BBK price? Check these guys out!

A few days ago I was looking online for some new rotors and my friend mentioned a place called 88 rotors. Some of you locals and others who go to racing events might know them. Any who, I called them up and what do you know, they were in stock with all of the rotors! When I arrived, the desk worker didn't waste anytime going into the stock room and getting the rotors for me. The price for front and rears only costed me 350 w/ tax! The best thing for you non-locals is they do FREE SHIPPING! My overall experience with these guys was great! It took me under 5 minutes to get in and out with what I needed . I took longer to buy chips and a soda at the local liquor store than I did here! Here's some more info on the place:

Store Address:
10641 Rush Street
South El Monte, CA 91733-3431

Toll Free: 888-ROTORS-88
Local: 626-442-3150
Fax: 626-442-0616
Web: www.88Rotors.com

Store Hours:
Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Which ones did you get? Review them once you get it broken in.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Hi.Red.Devil View Post
Ill only have the fronts on for now until next Thursday but ill definitely give you a review. I got the front and rear drilled and slotted for the e90 328
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Rotors aren't yet broken in completely but I notice a major decrease in brake dust! The stopping power is already prevailing over the stocks. I'm in the process of bedding everything in perfectly and I notice a more stiffer feel and security during stopping and brake jabbing. Will review more once they're completely perfect!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
ocemt816
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 jet black 328i lci/e92 m3

What rotors did you get
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocemt816 View Post
What rotors did you get
I got the drilled and slotted 328I rotors, they're a bit bigger than the stocks and stop on a dime now! I even noticed a bigger difference in using my emergency/ parking brake
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
I finally broke them in. I noticed a 10 ft shorter stopping distance and a big improvement in brake dust. There's almost no brake dust after a week of regular driving. I'm going to the canyons tonight to put them to the real test and see how they handle. I noticed also that my brake pedal is a lot more sensative and I only need to blip the brakes instead of completely covering the pedal. More later when I test them out

P.s. I fully bedded my pads and rotors before getting to what I call "testing"
Feel free to ask if needed btw free ground shipping with any order!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #8
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Legit, I used these rotors on my infiniti fx35, worked real good!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I finally broke them in. I noticed a 10 ft shorter stopping distance and a big improvement in brake dust. There's almost no brake dust after a week of regular driving. I'm going to the canyons tonight to put them to the real test and see how they handle. I noticed also that my brake pedal is a lot more sensative and I only need to blip the brakes instead of completely covering the pedal. More later when I test them out

Niiice, I need that brake response. I was thinking about ECStuning GeoMet rotors too.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #10
ph19
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:

So you got the Pad there too? How much did you pay for Pad and rotors for all four, $350?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Legit, I used these rotors on my infiniti fx35, worked real good!
How long did you use them for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Niiice, I need that brake response. I was thinking about ECStuning GeoMet rotors too.
I first thought of stop tech and brembo or calling wilwood nd dropping a few dollars for a custom system but after my buddy told me that 88rotors has cheap performance rotors, ill keep updating more and more. Btw they handled heavenly in the canyons! It was so powerful that I only had to blip the brakes before hitting corners. I notice a super smooth ride and a better pedal feel under pressure and hard driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph19 View Post
So you got the Pad there too? How much did you pay for Pad and rotors for all four, $350?
I actually bought my pads from tischer and the rotors only from 88rotors. I spent a total of roughly 500 for rear brake pads, new parking shoes, a new sensor, and new front and rear rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
335hype
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29
Rotors aren't yet broken in completely but I notice a major decrease in brake dust! The stopping power is already prevailing over the stocks. I'm in the process of bedding everything in perfectly and I notice a more stiffer feel and security during stopping and brake jabbing. Will review more once they're completely perfect!
You know that brake dust comes primarily from the pads, not rotors, right?
      06-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335hype View Post
You know that brake dust comes primarily from the pads, not rotors, right?
Yes I know, but the rotors seem to throw the brake dust in the wheel well instead of ouside towards my entire car
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
ph19
Private First Class
Rep

I actually bought my pads from tischer and the rotors only from 88rotors. I spent a total of roughly 500 for rear brake pads, new parking shoes, a new sensor, and new front and rear rotors[/QUOTE]

So you brought the Brake Pad and Senors from Tischer and Rotors from 88rotors. You got the Rotor for 350 and Pads, and Sensor for 500. Does that mean your Brake job was 850 total?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually bought my pads from tischer and the rotors only from 88rotors. I spent a total of roughly 500 for rear brake pads, new parking shoes, a new sensor, and new front and rear rotors

So you brought the Brake Pad and Senors from Tischer and Rotors from 88rotors. You got the Rotor for 350 and Pads, and Sensor for 500. Does that mean your Brake job was 850 total?[/QUOTE]

Oh no, lol
I spent a total of 350 for the rotors and I think 160 for tischer parts
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #16
ph19
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So you brought the Brake Pad and Senors from Tischer and Rotors from 88rotors. You got the Rotor for 350 and Pads, and Sensor for 500. Does that mean your Brake job was 850 total?
Oh no, lol
I spent a total of 350 for the rotors and I think 160 for tischer parts[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a great price, i'll probably do the same. Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh no, lol
I spent a total of 350 for the rotors and I think 160 for tischer parts
Wow, that's a great price, i'll probably do the same. Thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

No problem! I only want to mention that the pads don't cover the entire rotor surface for some odd reason. I still notice a huge braking improvment so for anyone planning on purchasing, just note that they don't cover the entire rotor face as stock rotors would
Appreciate 0