E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede Rev 2 review from long time jb3 user

02-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #45
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
I think we can definitely work something out. My gf has wanted to come to Atlanta to shop sometime, so this will be an excuse for me to go Ill PM you
Sounds good, just let me know and it will be a great help to all; especially me. Driving and typing on the laptop isn't a sound choice.

And if your GF wants to be around and likes kids, I have five year old twin daughters who can entertain for hours...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #46
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Sounds good, just let me know and it will be a great help to all; especially me. Driving and typing on the laptop isn't a sound choice.

And if your GF wants to be around and likes kids, I have five year old twin daughters who can entertain for hours...
How is this weekend for you?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #47
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
How is this weekend for you?
If the 7th (Saturday) works for you I am open. Sunday is a bit full but I suspect you would want to head back down then anyway.

If this works I will get the harness and everything ready this week for testing on Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #48
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

nice review. i also have jb3 1.22 (in fact, beta tester). i love it and have always used JB product (love the DCI) but am very interested to see what Proceed V3 Rev II feels like. i dont know anyone with Proceed V3 locally but will try to ask around.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #49
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
but am very interested to see what Proceed V3 Rev II feels like. i dont know anyone with Proceed V3 locally but will try to ask around.
The Rev I and Rev II will feel the same. The differences are in the packaging only at this point.

Considering your location is Earth, someone should be nearby,
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #50
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Great review Foti, I am not quiet sure what to make of the 1.22 nowadays, it was fun at the beginning but now it begins to feel more like an "On~Off" feeling, and Heavy on its face ;/. the fast sweeping bit or the procede sure sounds tempting along with your engine feeling lighter on its feet.

I was going to Install a procede on a 535i but my cousin pulled out at the last minute worrying for his warranty (scary cat) and the guy sold it online.

Great review once again, I have been w' JB since version JB1 being tempted by how affordable the product was but I guess I am going to have to try the Pro one of these days.

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 02-01-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #51
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
nice review. i also have jb3 1.22 (in fact, beta tester). i love it and have always used JB product (love the DCI) but am very interested to see what Proceed V3 Rev II feels like. i dont know anyone with Proceed V3 locally but will try to ask around.
PM me your phone number with a good time to call you during a weekday

shiv
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #52
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
The Rev I and Rev II will feel the same. The differences are in the packaging only at this point.

Considering your location is Earth, someone should be nearby,
actually, most of the guys i know locally are JB owners - but 'im one of the first with a JB3, then a beta tester on the 1.22. not about to give it up unless something is quite a bit better..but do want to try out a V3 REV II to see the differences (since that's the only tune comparable to it). i know there are always fan boys fighting over/swearing by what they have but i'm not really one of those. i just enjoy the diff aspects of our car and the potential of the tunes.. JB3 1.22 has been great so far but always open to try new things.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #53
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
actually, most of the guys i know locally are JB owners - but 'im one of the first with a JB3, then a beta tester on the 1.22. not about to give it up unless something is quite a bit better..but do want to try out a V3 REV II to see the differences (since that's the only tune comparable to it). i know there are always fan boys fighting over/swearing by what they have but i'm not really one of those. i just enjoy the diff aspects of our car and the potential of the tunes.. JB3 1.22 has been great so far but always open to try new things.
Well from what I have known of Fotios335i he has been with the JB platform for as long as I know him on the forum...He basically has gone through every stage of the JB tune evolution, and for him to say that he feels there is a significant difference compared to the JB3, wouldn't that be enough to give evidence that there is a drastic difference for you to understand?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #54
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Glad you like it Fotios! I have a little plan to get all JB3 users to try the PROcede. At the end of the day, people just want their car to drive the best. And I truly believe this tuner war will cease to exist if everyone actually got to test both tunes and decide what meets their needs the best.

The wheels are turning....

Shiv
offer jb3 users a healthy discount incentive.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #55
GAMEOVR
SPRCHRGD E93 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mthreezzzy

Glad to hear it went well for you. I have my new V3 sitting in the box, just waiting for my next mod to arrive soon (downpipes) and.... really looking for an intercooler...... next.
      02-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #56
GAMEOVR
SPRCHRGD E93 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mthreezzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
offer jb3 users a healthy discount incentive.
He doesn't have to offer any incentive, I believe. Let the user decide, once they find out what they are missing out on, then they cane come over. It comes to price at the end of the day, if he is making the best tune and it's worth XXX, he can charge what he wants. He's not forcing anyone to spend money on the product, all he has to do is sit back..... and let the product/reviews do the talking. The one thing I can't stand is people wanting to get a product that is the best for dirt, it's not going to happen. You want to play (the best) then pay the money, or just keep stupid comments to yourself.

Tuners survive off the money they code/write for, why would they want to work for pennies, when they can set their own price for the best. Just like windows and mac war, same example.
      02-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #57
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
He doesn't have to offer any incentive, I believe. Let the user decide, once they find out what they are missing out on, then they cane come over. It comes to price at the end of the day, if he is making the best tune and it's worth XXX, he can charge what he wants. He's not forcing anyone to spend money on the product, all he has to do is sit back..... and let the product/reviews do the talking. The one thing I can't stand is people wanting to get a product that is the best for dirt, it's not going to happen. You want to play (the best) then pay the money, or just keep stupid comments to yourself.

Tuners survive off the money they code/write for, why would they want to work for pennies, when they can set their own price for the best. Just like windows and mac war, same example.
best is subjective - so is what is considered reasonable cost.

shiv himself said he wanted to get procede into the hands of jb3 users - i think one of the easiest ways to do that is give those users INCENTIVE to try something else.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #58
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Glad you like it Fotios! I have a little plan to get all JB3 users to try the PROcede. At the end of the day, people just want their car to drive the best. And I truly believe this tuner war will cease to exist if everyone actually got to test both tunes and decide what meets their needs the best.

The wheels are turning....

Shiv
you never called me
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #59
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
hey bro, should we switch over to the 'darkside'??
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #60
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
awesome! i was waiting for this review. thanks a ton
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #61
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:

get in touch, I can let you know who locally is using the Rev I or II, off the forum.
      02-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #62
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
get in touch, I can let you know who locally is using the Rev I or II, off the forum.
theres actually about 3 guys off the forum who drive tuned 335s in VA but only 1 has Procede, the other 2 I know run a JBxx
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #63
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
theres actually about 3 guys off the forum who drive tuned 335s in VA but only 1 has Procede, the other 2 I know run a JBxx

more than that I believe.

I heard Obama runs JB3 w nos and is looking to crush Warrens records

biggest issue w/ VA is not being able to run a V1 at the same time as a tune......
      02-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #64
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Not being able to run at all is more like it. You are tuned and its like you walk around with a hot chic all day long yet no love for you. Frustrating..
      02-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #65
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

The taste test is what got me to switch over. I at first had a hard time thinking the RevII was better than my map 6 JB3 but the TT really does make the car different that only driving it will explain it. They are both good tunes and like someone else said... let the drive speak for itself.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #66
NeverToond
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
This is not the best analogy. Windows vs. Mac is in some ways software vs. software but since you can't run Mac OSX on a non-Apple computer, you're really comparing one hardware platform vs. another (even if they're really the same platform).

In this case, we have the same hardware and manufacturer platform, but two different software packages. The hardware is the N54 and it's ECU. The Vishnu and JB3 piggyback tunes are hardware in that they are boxes you install in your car, but at the end of the day what they really are is software, and that's what you're paying for.

Software companies offer what is known as "competitive upgrades". They do this because they realize that it's really no skin off their backs if they offer their software at a little above cost (still a profit) for owners of competitive software. The worst that could happen is that users pay them to try their software then go back to what they were using, and the upside is that the users could like their product better and become permanent customers.

JB3 owners that might be happy with their tune but curious about something else are very unlikely to put down a thousand bucks just to see if they'll like it better. Likewise, a happy Procede owner is unlikely to spend $600 just to try something else. This is why it's fairly uncommon to see long-time owners of one tune coming over to another. This is especially true when all dyno numbers seem to be roughly equivalent.

Anyone offering a one-time competitive upgrade to their product has nothing to lose and everything to gain, especially if they truly believe in their product (but not if they don't). If Vishnu can sell their product for a $20 profit to the owner of BMS product, then they have made a $20 profit that they wouldn't otherwise have made, and the possible upside is a new customer for life. Same goes for BMS.

I have a JB3 and I love it, but I didn't buy it for religious reasons. I would personally jump at the chance to buy a V3 for a little above cost, then be required to pay a bit more for the next software update than a 'non-upgrader' would.
Appreciate 0