E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Mod3: BMW Performance Exhaust, OEM Chromelines & K&N Intake Filter

01-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Mod3: BMW Performance Exhaust, OEM Chromelines & K&N Intake Filter

Hi, finally got to clicking some pictures of the new mods including the BMW Performance Exhaust. Also replaced my Shadowlines with the BMW OEM Chromeline kit (windows and grills) to go with the chrome exhaust and the Silver theme on the car.
For the V-TEC effect, added in the K&N Intake Filter.

I am quite happy with it all. All work was performed by Steve who as usual did an excellent job. The chromeline kit came in a huge box that wouldn't fit in my car, thanks to Steve, he came over and installed all the mods for me in a couple of hours.

Must say the car should have come with the exhaust and intake filter by default, I sure do feel a marked improvement in low down torque but as I previously said it could be the sporty exhaust music and intake mod doing the decieving but what matters it leaves me with a huge grin. Btw I haven't been listening to my stereo since I put in these mods yesterday, love the tunes out of this thing
Attached Images

Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 01-20-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
MO3
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: DCT M3

Nice!!

May I suggest your next mod? Xenons with angel eyes.

By the way, are you hoping to get your wheels and tyres this year?
      01-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #3
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

It's looking great! The chrome trim looks good on your car and of course the dual exhaust outlets are beautiful too. I noticed one piece of chrome is missing from the bootlit since last time I saw it - which is also an improvement in my opinion.

I hope your wheels and tyres turn up soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Methinks you have a 323/325/330. Its looking good! Really liking the front grilles but come on with the wheels already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Have you thought about the blackline rear lights?

On my car Steve got some welding wire and some insulating stuff and put it around the base of the tips to lift them a bit.

Did you take the base of the airbox off too or is it still enclosed? I bet you're going to 4500rpm as much as possible. What has the family made of the mods haha. Calm baby in the back or too noisy now?

The 320i crew will really be making some noise now. SOUNDS like there is real performance hahaha. **starts saving for S85 engine swap**
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #5
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Blacklines asap!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #6
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO3 View Post
Nice!!

May I suggest your next mod? Xenons with angel eyes.

By the way, are you hoping to get your wheels and tyres this year?
Thanks, thinking of the xenons but not too sure how the Depot ones we spoke about would be. Lol, hopefully will receive the wheels and tyres a few months from now, have been told they have been assigned a container but they waiting for it to get filled up I reckon so can make good use of my existing tyres in the meanwhile while I wait.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
It's looking great! The chrome trim looks good on your car and of course the dual exhaust outlets are beautiful too. I noticed one piece of chrome is missing from the bootlit since last time I saw it - which is also an improvement in my opinion.

I hope your wheels and tyres turn up soon.
Thanks, glad it looks good. Do you mean there was an extra slat on the grill before or do you mean a piece is now taken off from the piece on the boot? Still got someway before I get my wheels and tyres
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Methinks you have a 323/325/330. Its looking good! Really liking the front grilles but come on with the wheels already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Have you thought about the blackline rear lights?

On my car Steve got some welding wire and some insulating stuff and put it around the base of the tips to lift them a bit.

Did you take the base of the airbox off too or is it still enclosed? I bet you're going to 4500rpm as much as possible. What has the family made of the mods haha. Calm baby in the back or too noisy now?

The 320i crew will really be making some noise now. SOUNDS like there is real performance hahaha. **starts saving for S85 engine swap**
Thanks you liking it. Yupz, did order the blacklines from a guy on this forum in DC and my brother who lives there has collected it from him for me and shipped it to Washington state to be with the same consignment as my wheels so have a long wait. This is another purchase I should have ordered from Scheidmann I guess because discovered shipping the lights in non standard box sizes from the US would be unreasonable pricing. So Glen from usatoaus.com agreed to ship them with my wheels without charging me extra shipping.

Yupz, trying to get that sweet spot of 4500 quite often, do you normally keep the car in 2nd gear and push to 4500 or in third gear?

Baby's still not tried out the new mods

Last edited by cruvon; 01-20-2011 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
Blacklines asap!!
thanks, yupz dude , are bought but are coming with the wheels..btw those e90post stickers are still on my back seat, maybe if you don't mind will have you fix them for me when meet you next so that don't ruin them

Last edited by cruvon; 01-20-2011 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks, glad it looks good. Do you mean there was an extra slat on the grill before or do you mean a piece is now taken off from the piece on the boot?
Actually I was referring to the debage.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #11
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Actually I was referring to the debage.
lol, gotcha
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Yupz, trying to get that sweet spot of 4500 quite often, do you normally keep the car in 2nd gear and push to 4500 or in third gear?
Mostly in 2nd. 3rd is better because the lack of power (and gearing) means the rise up the rev range is slower with a more distinct change over and longer woooshing at 5000rpm. Only problem is.. 3rd gets too fast for the roads.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #13
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Damn your car is doing my head in! 320i lights, I6 grill, I6 exhaust, M-sport front, non M-sport rear but with M3 spoiler and now chrome but with matte shadowline....

I think I'd run into something trying to work it out!
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
Damn your car is doing my head in! 320i lights, I6 grill, I6 exhaust, M-sport front, non M-sport rear but with M3 spoiler and now chrome but with matte shadowline....

Lol, brickbats welcome but when I put the OEM 230 coupe wheels on, make sure you ain't driving ....well, as I see it is all mostly BMW OEM but obviously not stock factory while giving me the look I like without staying plain Jane stock. The dual Performance exhaust is a BMW supplied OEM 320i one, the fronts not M-sport, just has OEM style splitters on the OEM bumper which is very common on the forums as is the M3 spoiler and are both supplied by BMW too for the E90"s though mine are OEM style ones.
Btw the OEM Matte shadowline has been replaced to OEM chrome ones too..guess is the lighting in the pictures if you didn't notice it, is not a matte shadowline anymore and the grill is part of the chromeline kit. I think it all fits in well since I don't have any CF parts on my car, CF splitters or a CF diffuser etc to go with the matte shadowlines but then no fun without differing opinions so do see your point of view.
As an aside, in the US where the chromeline kit is standard on all E90"s, guys there change from chromelines to shadowline or gloss shadowline, I guess is the case of the grass being always greener or chrome or matte or glossy black on the other side

Last edited by cruvon; 01-20-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Mostly in 2nd. 3rd is better because the lack of power (and gearing) means the rise up the rev range is slower with a more distinct change over and longer woooshing at 5000rpm. Only problem is.. 3rd gets too fast for the roads.
Thanks yupz, observed don't notice it much in 2nd gear. Btw saw you had asked about the base of the airbox, yes, did ask Steve to take it off.

Last edited by cruvon; 01-20-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
kunz
OMG-335
Australia
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Nice work! I bet you'll have a party in your pants when your container finally gets here!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #17
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Now I'm even more confused :P

Quote:
Quote:

Lol, brickbats welcome but when I put the OEM 230 coupe wheels on, make sure you ain't driving ....well, as I see it is all mostly BMW OEM but obviously not stock factory while giving me the look I like without staying plain Jane stock. The dual Performance exhaust is a BMW supplied OEM 320i one, the fronts not M-sport, just has OEM style splitters on the OEM bumper which is very common on the forums as is the M3 spoiler and are both supplied by BMW too for the E90"s though mine are OEM style ones.
Btw the OEM Matte shadowline has been replaced to OEM chrome ones too..guess is the lighting in the pictures if you didn't notice it, is not a matte shadowline anymore and the grill is part of the chromeline kit. I think it all fits in well since I don't have any CF parts on my car, CF splitters or a CF diffuser etc to go with the matte shadowlines but then no fun without differing opinions so do see your point of view.
That being said, in the US where the chromeline kit is standard on all E90"s, guys there change from chromelines to shadowline or gloss shadowline, I guess is the case of the grass being always greener or chrome or matte or glossy black on the other side
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunz View Post
Nice work! I bet you'll have a party in your pants when your container finally gets here!
thanks, for sure
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #19
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Now I'm even more confused :P
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #20
benaud
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 320i

looks clean with out the badges...

next mod should be: Rear Window Sticker - Delete.
      01-21-2011, 02:28 AM   #21
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Do you still have the shadowlines or were they trashed when you removed them? I've been wanting to de-chrome for a while now
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #22
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaud View Post
looks clean with out the badges...

next mod should be: Rear Window Sticker - Delete.
thanks, yupz, was thinking about taking off that sticker but the plastic "baby inside" suction cup display I have keeps falling off all the time that's why got that sticker.
Appreciate 0