E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Porsche Cayman opinions?

09-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
What can I say, it is the best car I have ever owned and driven. It's very very quick in pretty much any situation and has huge amounts of grip especially off the line. Its ok on fuel, cheap to insure and only needs servicing every 2 years or 20,000.

As for the one you have found it doesn't look quite right as the next gen 2 is around 44k which is a huge jump. From looking at the price I would say it doesn't have the nav module (which is not good on a 911) and pretty much nothing in terms of spec. Like mentioned above don't buy without a warranty, while they are cheap to run they are not cheap to fix and the 997 gen 1 engine has a flaw that can cause it to fail, I know my neighbours blew up!

They are awesome cars and they are in a different league to the cayman (not that the cayman is a bad car) you will not regret it!!
Brilliant! Okay I will continue to look, I am planning on switching sometime spring next year!

Do porsche offer annual warranty similar to BMW?

What do you think of This baby?

LOL I'm going to keep bugging you for your opinion if thats okay
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #24
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SH View Post
Brilliant! Okay I will continue to look, I am planning on switching sometime spring next year!

Do porsche offer annual warranty similar to BMW?

What do you think of This baby?

LOL I'm going to keep bugging you for your opinion if thats okay
Yes Porsche do offer a very similar annual warranty so well worth getting one with Porsche warranty as their are plenty around. The only thing is you are tied into Porsche Main dealer servicing I think but the service intervals are very long for a car of this type so shouldn't be too costly to run.

Unfortunately that car while lovely has been on V-car (it's in the small print) so means it has been crash repaired. I guess if it has been repaired to a decent standard and your not worried about that you could get yourself a bargain although it will be harder to sell on. I'd be tempted by a Gen 1 997 to be honest, their isn't that much difference between gen 1 and 2 and you should be able to pick up a lovely example within your budget by next year.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #25
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Yes Porsche do offer a very similar annual warranty so well worth getting one with Porsche warranty as their are plenty around. The only thing is you are tied into Porsche Main dealer servicing I think but the service intervals are very long for a car of this type so shouldn't be too costly to run.

Unfortunately that car while lovely has been on V-car (it's in the small print) so means it has been crash repaired. I guess if it has been repaired to a decent standard and your not worried about that you could get yourself a bargain although it will be harder to sell on. I'd be tempted by a Gen 1 997 to be honest, their isn't that much difference between gen 1 and 2 and you should be able to pick up a lovely example within your budget by next year.
As he said :-)

Only thing I will add is that the gen 2 does bring it up to date, Bluetooth, iPod, PDK gearbox etc but you do pay a lot for it.

A good gen 1 c2s you will love, just make sure it has warranty and has a good spec..

Try here

http://www.northway.co.uk/16821/npl.htm
http://www.rsjsportscars.co.uk/
http://www.911virgin.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #26
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Thank you Guvernator and Scottc so much for your help and time!

I Appreciate all your help!
Appreciate 0