E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Problem with CD Player/Radio

07-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
bimmerfreak
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Coupe

Problem with CD Player/Radio

Hi guys, I have a 2007 e92 335i without an iDrive and I have a problem with my CD player hoping to see if anyone has encountered the problem before, or knows a solution.

This problem constantly happens when I'm playing a CD in my car. After driving, I turn off my car while in the middle of a track, when I turn it back on the track doesn't continue from where it left off, but rather resets. The CD doesn't restart, but the selected track starts from the beginning. I have owned 3 BMW's before this one, and my entire family drives beemers this is the only car I have seen this problem with.

IMPORTANT NOTE*: this only happens if I leave the car off for over 30 minutes. If I turn off the vehicle in the middle of a track to go do something quickly (say pull money from an ATM) and come back in under 30 minutes, the track will resume normally from where it left off. puzzling.

I listen to a lot of DJ sets, which are each 1:30-2:00 hr long tracks, so this is a constant issue when I have to hear the intro over and over. any replies is appreciated.
      02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
E92_DUH
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Bump

I'm having the same issue and I need help
Appreciate 0