E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > coding lights (DRL, fog, low beam, rear..)

06-29-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
romelsms1
Rep
Drives: 318D LCI 2011

coding lights (DRL, fog, low beam, rear..)

dear forum colleagues,

I am trying to code my BMW e90 LCI (2011, small iDrive, light sensor) using the NCS expert to do the following bellow

Now on Auto mode and DRL on my car is like a “Christmas tree” even it is light outside: AE on, low beam on, all interior lights are on (clusters, AC panel...etc) also rear lights are on...and so the light sensor is useless (the light are always on)
1. DRL (activated form iDrive and lights in Auto mode):
• DRL on and daylight outside: Light only AE (on high brightness) + fog light....without interior or rear light
• DRL on with poor light or night outside: turn on low beam, AE (normal brightness), interior and rear light also on, fog light off

thank you in advance
all module FSW_PSW.txt
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelsms1 View Post
dear forum colleagues,

I am trying to code my BMW e90 LCI (2011, small iDrive, light sensor) using the NCS expert to do the following bellow

Now on Auto mode and DRL on my car is like a “Christmas tree” even it is light outside: AE on, low beam on, all interior lights are on (clusters, AC panel...etc) also rear lights are on...and so the light sensor is useless (the light are always on)
1. DRL (activated form iDrive and lights in Auto mode):
• DRL on and daylight outside: Light only AE (on high brightness) + fog light....without interior or rear light
• DRL on with poor light or night outside: turn on low beam, AE (normal brightness), interior and rear light also on, fog light off

thank you in advance
Attachment 1648352

It sounds like you messed up something in the lights module and now it defaults to all lights always on all the time.

2007 335i E92 Sport, CIC, 6MT, DOCRACE6266 Spacegray/Black
2009 335i xDrive Black/Black Nav AT Individual
Gf: 2011 335i Xdrive Mpack,Nav AT Alpine/SaddleBrown
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 05:55 AM   #3
oli3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

You need to reset your FRM to make sure evetyhing goes back to normal before attempting more coding.
Code a blank FSW_PSW.MAN file and then confirm everything is back to normal. Then when coding functions it's best to do them one at a time making sure each coding has done the expected function correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
romelsms1
Rep
Drives: 318D LCI 2011

first of all tank you guys for your replay, for sure I was not clear enough (I'll try to re-word it as BimmerGeeks suggested)

the light module have no issue, everything works perfect (I hope I will not spoil it)
Below I will list what I want to do (from the begining le's consider that the DRL are activated from iDrive and lights switch is in Auto mode:
Today the car turns on too many lights (in my opimiom) even it's light/sun outside: AE, low beam, rear lights, all interior lights (clusters, AC panel...etc) all are on!
what I'm trying to do:
- is to keep only the "DRL" on (AE + fog light) and to turn off all above lights (low beam, rear lights, all interior lights) WHEN IS LIGHT/SUN OUTSIDE
- to keep on all above lights (AE, low beam, rear lights, all interior lights) WHEN IS DARK OUTSIDE and switch off the fog lights

I hope I was clear mow ... if not please ask me...I am at your disposal
Appreciate 0