E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Blown Engine...In Need of Some Suggestions

10-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #23
Mean E92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeffer View Post
As awesome of an experience as that would be, I would not have access to the resources necessary. In a perfect world I would try and rebuild it with someone who knows what they're doing to learn the process. But I cant commit that kind of time either right now (21 year old lol)
I was in the same spot as you. And I'm just drowning in debt as we speak. But what can we do?

Good luck to you man. You have 2 options, either sell the car as is with a blown engine for around 5-6k or drown in debt like I am and get a loan to put a used engine in.

Wish BMW NA weren't useless...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #24
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive MSport

Here's an option I've heard of the belts slipping before as a cause for failure - I hope maybe someone makes an aftermarket block plate at some point if there isn't one already. If I were to blow mine I'd see if this option could work out.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 04:56 AM   #25
Mean E92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctoRx View Post
Here's an option I've heard of the belts slipping before as a cause for failure - I hope maybe someone makes an aftermarket block plate at some point if there isn't one already. If I were to blow mine I'd see if this option could work out.
That's not an option if he spun a bearing. If any of them did spin, it would be too late to put new ones in because there would be too much clearance. And the crank would probably be severely damaged. Nothing better then old cars. Simple, easy and cheap to run because of the old tech.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #26
JBird..
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad E92 View Post
I was in the same spot as you. And I'm just drowning in debt as we speak. But what can we do?

Good luck to you man. You have 2 options, either sell the car as is with a blown engine for around 5-6k or drown in debt like I am and get a loan to put a used engine in.

Wish BMW NA weren't useless...
Debt is the last goal. Honestly a part out and sale of the car may just have to be the path. Luckily, the driver of the car when it blew is being incredibly supportive financially.
Appreciate 0