E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Opinions on the Porsche 930

09-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
Why aren't you at your post?
Bad transmitter
      09-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #24
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Slantnose 930 =
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #25
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

TK, if you are in fact serious, Rob Morgan has one for sale. It's a really nice sample with low mileage. It has the original Fuchs and also the factory sports seats (the ones with the super deep bolsters.) It doesn't have the G50 tranny (which are a bit harder to find.)

Rob sells retail so the price will be up there, but all his cars are very good and he's a class act. He's in Costa Mesa. If you're interested pm me.

http://truspeedmotorcars.com/car_details.php?cid=1926

Again like I said, and others seem to agree, it's better suited as a second car. It can wear thin (and wear you out) as a daily. Plus you'll enjoy it more as a toy.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #26
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
TK, if you are in fact serious, Rob Morgan has one for sale. It's a really nice sample with low mileage. It has the original Fuchs and also the factory sports seats (the ones with the super deep bolsters.) It doesn't have the G50 tranny (which are a bit harder to find.)

Rob sells retail so the price will be up there, but all his cars are very good and he's a class act. He's in Costa Mesa. If you're interested pm me.

http://truspeedmotorcars.com/car_details.php?cid=1926

Again like I said, and others seem to agree, it's better suited as a second car. It can wear thin (and wear you out) as a daily. Plus you'll enjoy it more as a toy.
I think second car is the role it's going to play for sure. But that model is a little out of my range, even though it's in great condition and you probably won't see any major issues. I'm not quite ready to buy yet but when I am, I'll be looking for something in the 40's or so but I'll definitely bookmark his page.
      09-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #27
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...ite-black.html
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Hey Gonzo, it's still there..... The local one (GT Silver on Cocoa) went pretty quick (priced right.) Hmmmmm.
http://showroom.auction123.com/porsc...08S784007.html
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #29
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Beautiful car! I've also heard that about the 930's air conditioning and that you'll have a strong right forearm after owning one for a while. I believe the 5 speed was only available in '89? If so, those have been noticeably more expensive. Worth it?

I wasn't dissing the 996 by any means (a good friends of mine has one pushing 700 at the wheels and is truly a monster), I just liked the connection that to road and simplicity that I felt when I drove a 911 SC. And I didn't know that last bit about the RS - that's really impressive. If I do pull the trigger, I would plan on doing most of the work myself so that's pretty encouraging.
After owning the 4 speed and driving the 5 speed I would say its worth it. There were also a couple other minor improvements.

I also owned an RS. If you haven't seen/driven one I suggest you do. It isnt as fast as the 930, but it is an amazing drive. Basically the "CSL" version of that era Carrera.
Appreciate 0