E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 JB3 Dyno Videos

02-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
When you have been doing this for over a decade, the claims are funny.

You should do your research and find a tune that actually has control over fueling, boost, and ignition. The fact that you are maf, will make "interesting" for the piggy backs, as maf cars generally run better on flashed tunes. Map cars like the n54, are much more forgiving.

There is nothing personal btwn me and terry, however there is something personal btwn what people think the tune does and what it actually does. If you are happy with your results, stick with it, personally i think that is laughable.
I appreciate an actual response to my post, that is why we have the forums. I usually keep the shenanigans to OT, however.

I did debate between procede and bms. I know it might not make sense to most people but one of the deciding factors was the way Shiv acts and the cult like following of people he has. Call me dumb for making that a factor in my decision but seeing some of the posts/threads in here has kept me away from procede, and im sure it has done the same for others.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #24
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

The main reason for your purchase should be whats best for the engine, not who you like/don't like.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #25
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
The main reason for your purchase should be whats best for the engine, not who you like/don't like.
It's a bit different than best buy when it comes to purchasing a tune. I personally wouldn't like to argue either one because its hard to filter through the hearsay on these forums. The good thing about these piggyback systems is if im not happy with one I can easily switch to the other.

Edit: Caught you before your edit
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #26
joyride
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 M-Sport

Quote:
You have no clue whats going to happen when ATR is out. For for experience, give AR a call, or AMS or CPE, ask them about me.

Let me know what you think I said that is a "claim" Hell challenge everything and anything I say and I will simply proove it to you with facts.

Like many other tuners, I don't make the hardware, however give me something that works, and I will go toe to toe with the best of them.

Thanks for the idea though, once ATR is out ill label the tunes "Clap_v10x.xx"
So why don't you run the cPE standback? It allows you to do what you want with the tune.

And as far as asking others about you? I simply don't care, i know a whole lot of tuners who i respect in this industry, and none of them have attitudes like you. And that my friend says volumes
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
It's a bit different than best buy when it comes to purchasing a tune. I personally wouldn't like to argue either one because its hard to filter through the hearsay on these forums. The good thing about these piggyback systems is if im not happy with one I can easily switch to the other.

Edit: Caught you before your edit
I was actually editing that post, and as i was typing, it ended up replacing what I wrote, so I just said fuck it, and made it simple. Like I said, in the end its your car, do what you want with it. However basing a tuning solution based if you like the person selling it, is stupid.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #28
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
So why don't you run the cPE standback? It allows you to do what you want with the tune.

And as far as asking others about you? I simply don't care, i know a whole lot of tuners who i respect in this industry, and none of them have attitudes like you. And that my friend says volumes
Because they won't make the changes I requested so I am not using it. Pretty simple.

The problem is that the tunesr you know, get paid, I do this as a hobby and could careless if I piss off people or not. I don't do this for money, cause frankly theres no money in this industry lol. Once ATR is out, there will be a giant thread like on every other platform, and the people who know what they are doing will start making some incredible tunes...for free, followed by open ecu. The end. Its how the world simply works.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
I was actually editing that post, and as i was typing, it ended up replacing what I wrote, so I just said fuck it, and made it simple. Like I said, in the end its your car, do what you want with it. However basing a tuning solution based if you like the person selling it, is stupid.

Its more or less a bad vibe that I get from Shiv and his cult. but like I said call me stupid if you want, its just the way I feel about the entire thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #30
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Its more or less a bad vibe that I get from Shiv and his cult. but like I said call me stupid if you want, its just the way I feel about the entire thing.
Your right, I shouldnt call you stupid, cause I don't care either way, your engine on the other hand, wants to stick you in the corner and put a dunce hat on your head.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #31
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Your right, I shouldnt call you stupid, cause I don't care either way, your engine on the other hand, wants to stick you in the corner and put a dunce hat on your head.
My engine loves me for who I am.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

You are all lucky this ECU and engine are so advanced.

If this was a subaru engine, you would all have a piston hitting you in the chin.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #33
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
As a point of reference I am posting my dyno graphs from my pulls today along with FDfranklin's original graphs. These were done at the same dyno, same day, and within an hour of each other. This should be a good representation of a stock baseline. I am completely stock and the only real difference between the two cars other than the obvious tune is he is a manual and I have a DCT.

So we are looking at a gain of 20-25 hp and 50-60 TQ. For around $400 I think those are some good gains! Its a shame that the N55 has that TQ dip anomaly on the dyno, it skews the results. If that dip in torque wasn't there we would probably see some even better numbers. I believe that dip is a dyno abnormality and does not happen in real world street conditions.

First graph is mine second is the OP.
Attached Images

02-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #34
e92sport
Captain
Rep
Drives: black e92 sport

Quote:
I did not unfortunately (regret it).

Edit: I noticed Terry's dyno charts are all Corrected using STD, mine were uncorrected. Could this have any effect on my #s?
Your youtube videos shows a baseline run that you made 286whp/275trq... Not bad!!