E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Backbox Adjustment - How

04-24-2017, 03:04 AM   #1
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

Backbox Adjustment - How

I've recently changed the central silencer in my E90 335i to a X pipe from an E92.

It was fitted by cutting the pipes after second cats and before backbox then clamped back together (using the BMW clamps)

Now it looks like the tips are sitting a bit lower than they used to and the RHS is lower than the left.

How do I adjust this?
Is it a case of just undoing the pipe clamps and moving them around until it hangs level?
      04-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
I've recently changed the central silencer in my E90 335i to a X pipe from an E92.

It was fitted by cutting the pipes after second cats and before backbox then clamped back together (using the BMW clamps)

Now it looks like the tips are sitting a bit lower than they used to and the RHS is lower than the left.

How do I adjust this?
Is it a case of just undoing the pipe clamps and moving them around until it hangs level?
sorry, I dont know how to answer your question directly. But I am very curious to see how this changed the sound. is there any drone and does it sound better?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 02:00 AM   #3
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
sorry, I dont know how to answer your question directly. But I am very curious to see how this changed the sound. is there any drone and does it sound better?
Honestly I have no idea.
It's louder on startup and pops/burbles a little more.

I think it's a bit more raspy then it was before when you get into the higher rpm and yes around 2000rpm there is a bit more drone then previously.
      04-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
Honestly I have no idea.
It's louder on startup and pops/burbles a little more.

I think it's a bit more raspy then it was before when you get into the higher rpm and yes around 2000rpm there is a bit more drone then previously.
I strongly recommend you delete your secondary cats, it will sound awesome!
Appreciate 0