E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Toronto BMW OIL

04-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
furtado_4real
Private
Rep
Drives: 3series

Toronto BMW OIL

Hi all,

I called BMW Toronto last week because Oil was low, a great guy on the phone by the name of Kevin told me to come by and they would top it up for free (I have a schedule oil changed for april 26 at the same dealer) so I went by last Thursday, and some slick looking guy with grey hair looks at the oil level and says dont worry about it! Ok, so I leave.

This morning I went back to Toronto BMW to get oil added to top-up (as it showed+1 quart)in the screen. This same guy tells me I have to pay for the oil?? I am already pissed because it should have been topped up last time i was there, and now I am so low that a warning light came on. When I advised him that I was told it was free he said he would do it this one time because Kevin (who I spoke with on the phone) said it was free.

Was he full of BS?

Another issue: I have a whine, more like the sound a power steering pump makes, is this normal for 08 3 series 328?

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
TheDarkone
T H E D A R K O N E
Rep
Drives: its fast

rule of thumb in dealing with this nonsense, deal only with the same guy you dealt with before. $5 says he will remember your name the next time you come in. Dealing with slick haired guys isn't always a good thing...probably a new guy there.

call your dealer back and have the noise added to your appointment so they can look at it when you go in.

nothing is going to suck more that you add this to the ro when you get there and they say you have to bring it back because they don't have enough time to finish it.

let them know ahead of time so they can allocate time for you properly.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
sneaks
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
check the power steering fluid level. if it is low, some air gets in and cavitates making the whine sound more prevalent.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Oil top ups should be free. I had to get mine topped up awhile ago and just pulled into Parkview on the way home from work and they did it right away no questions asked.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by furtado_4real View Post
Hi all,

I called BMW Toronto last week because Oil was low, a great guy on the phone by the name of Kevin told me to come by and they would top it up for free (I have a schedule oil changed for april 26 at the same dealer) so I went by last Thursday, and some slick looking guy with grey hair looks at the oil level and says dont worry about it! Ok, so I leave.

This morning I went back to Toronto BMW to get oil added to top-up (as it showed+1 quart)in the screen. This same guy tells me I have to pay for the oil?? I am already pissed because it should have been topped up last time i was there, and now I am so low that a warning light came on. When I advised him that I was told it was free he said he would do it this one time because Kevin (who I spoke with on the phone) said it was free.

Was he full of BS?

Another issue: I have a whine, more like the sound a power steering pump makes, is this normal for 08 3 series 328?

Thanks all.
I've always dealt with Desmond and Denver at BMW Toronto. Best SA's I've ever dealt with and they know what they're doing.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
furtado_4real
Private
Rep

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
Oil top ups should be free. I had to get mine topped up awhile ago and just pulled into Parkview on the way home from work and they did it right away no questions asked.
Your car is 09 , ops is 08. Maybe that has something to do with it. I can't imagine they will top up for free for ever. Parkview has toppe dme up a couple of times too. They are great....and same owners as BMW Toronto.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #8
furtado_4real
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Your car is 09 , ops is 08. Maybe that has something to do with it. I can't imagine they will top up for free for ever. Parkview has toppe dme up a couple of times too. They are great....and same owners as BMW Toronto.
The car is under factory warranty, and oil changes are fee within it, so why wouldn't they?

He even said if I bought it there, they would for free - although calling other dealers, they all do it for free.

Never said forever
Appreciate 0