E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > HELP PLEASE! Can this be fixed???

04-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
ebe90
Canada
Rep
Drives: tiag e90 lci

HELP PLEASE! Can this be fixed???

Hi all - looking for a little help here.

Dinged up my baby pretty bad today (crummy pics from my phone attached). Put the back bumper into one of those half signposts that (1) didn't have a sign on it and (2) didn't even clear my trunk so I couldn't see it. Kind of annoyed and frustrated at why there even was a half signpost that served no purpose without a sign, but nevertheless, what's done is done, it is what it is, and I should have paid better attention. *sigh*

In any case, wondering from you guys if you all think this can be fixed, and at what cost. Another (much costlier) option if it can't be fixed is to consider m-sport. That is MUCH more $$$ though, BMW Toronto quoting about $2100 installed for the back bumper, or about $3800 installed for the whole m-sport pack (front, back, skirts). None of those quotes include tax.

So my question to you all is - do you guys think this is fixable damage? There is quite a dent on the plastic bumper. Any good body shops to recommend? Otherwise, what are my options for a different bumper - if the cost is going to be the same, I might as well use it as an excuse to change up. Any good kits or shops to recommend?

Details on my baby
- 2009 LCI sedan
- 328i
- TiAg
- ZSP (if that matters at all)

Much appreciate everyone's help. I'm going to have a sleepless night tonight, but I'll be checking in the morning to see if there's any help to be found.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
99three
Banned
Rep
Drives: 993, e92, e36, F355, Z32, Jag

Go to a few body shops for quotes.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
ebe90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99three View Post
Go to a few body shops for quotes.
Yeah that's pretty much the plan. Was wondering if there's any shop in the GTA that anyone would recommend.

Also, I'm more and more tempted to go with the mtech/msport or some other kit on the rear (just been waiting for the right excuse and it looks like it came). Anywhere I could get a decent deal for parts and installation?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Easily fixable. Needs filler and repaint. It's the rear bumper too, so no worries of chipping in the future. You can go with Don Valley if you are downtown (BMW Toronto recommended shop), or European Auto (the best BMW repair shop near the city)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Same thing happened to me one late night when I had my RSX. I know a few good shops, I will post up some addresses tonight when I get home.

Can be fixed easily! Don't stress out! It happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
EliteAutoImports
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Sport/Nav/Prem

I would suggest you just get a new bumper cover and have them paint it off the vehicle. No overspray, no blending.

My 2 cents

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92, MG F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteAutoImport View Post
I would suggest you just get a new bumper cover and have them paint it off the vehicle. No overspray, no blending.

My 2 cents

Cheers,
I agree....they will charge for quite a bit of labour to do the repair. You could buy an after market Mtech bumper and be done with it. Just get it repainted and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
ebe90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Driver View Post
I agree....they will charge for quite a bit of labour to do the repair. You could buy an after market Mtech bumper and be done with it. Just get it repainted and enjoy.
Was thinking this as a distinct possibility. I've been drooling over an mtech kit for the longest time too. Only thing is I'm sure this will open the floodgates to more changes and mods!

Also just not entirely sure of what's a good place to do it, or what kits are available and where to source from locally - they seem somewhat hard to find outside of stealership (or am I just looking in the wrong places).

Appreciate everyone's input thus far - would like to get this done sooner than later. Each time I look at that ding it tears a hole through my heart!
Appreciate 0