E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Tech Info: E90 330i N52 Three-Stage Intake Manifold

03-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #177
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

i hope this works!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #178
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

well i'm going to remain cautiously optimistic...given the hype of things like a certain software tune that promised 40hp. Let's see if this is for real after a dyno.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #179
FinnVette
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: 325xit & Corvette C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Ur Avg 3 View Post
hey u FINN
come to the dallas meet tomarrow and lotta ppl will be there from these forums, like HUNTER from houston.
bring ur car, i would love to see it man, THIS IS AMAZING NEWS.
i gotta see it/feel it for myself
check under the southwest regional forums and look at where it is
its in plano, at STETT performance
its gonna be tite, please come
glad to hear the news man, this is amazing!
I would love to check you guys out, but my wife has fully booked my Saturday... I will be traveling most of the next week, leaving tomorrow, but maybe we can figure out something for the next weekend if u want to check out the car.

Last edited by FinnVette; 03-03-2007 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #180
FinnVette
Private
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
interesting! Let us know how much your fuel mileage changes and in which direction... if it is really software that is close to OEM 330i software, you're mileage shouldn't change much at all... does it sound any different?
I would presume that there will be no change in mileage with normal driving. Nor does it sound different, maybe tad louder when WOT.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #181
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnVette View Post
I would presume that there will be no change in mileage with normal driving. Nor does it sound different, maybe tad louder when WOT.
have you driven a 330? does it compare... more impressions please?? lol
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #182
FinnVette
Private
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
well i'm going to remain cautiously optimistic...given the hype of things like a certain software tune that promised 40hp. Let's see if this is for real after a dyno.
I agree. In way or any an other we must get little more scientific prove for the power increase. When I get the 'spare stock ECU' on my hands (it's in order) I might do a dyno comparison test (if Creative wants to sponsor) or at least I can test the car with my accelerometer.

The Bimmer is not my daily driver so my butt dyno might be little off tune, but I'm still pretty confident that the power is there. That been said, this car is a Touring model with heavy panorama sunroof, 4wd and Steptronic = not a race car.

Last edited by FinnVette; 03-03-2007 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #183
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Also, Finn is a corvette guy, no 3er is going to feel "fast' lol!

Glad to hear the car is running, a dyno should be able to tell you if it is running as it should.

The other question remains, how much of this power is from the tuning (general 330 software) and the manifold Only way to prove this is if you could rig up some sort of testing device to the car, during dyno, that could see if the ECU is sending commands to the flaps (perhaps just splicing in with an ohm meter, at your own risk!) or even having your hand over the module as its being revved up. (the one that is easily accesible, not the one under the manifold of course!)

Thanks for continuing this project for me and seeing it out!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #184
FinnVette
Private
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
have you driven a 330? does it compare... more impressions please?? lol
I drove 330i more than a year a go and that was a RWD sedan with a stick.

It's definitely slower than my 450hp Corvette but faster than my Dodge RAM Diesel truck... LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #185
arcrox
E90post addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 G20 M340i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Is there actually a chance of getting a reliable source for the three-stage intake manifolds?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #186
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnVette View Post
I drove 330i more than a year a go and that was a RWD sedan with a stick.

It's definitely slower than my 450hp Corvette but faster than my Dodge RAM Diesel truck... LOL

well finnvette...we'll await for your report. good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #187
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
hmm.....thing is, the butt dyno's accuracy ranges from +- 10-50hp lol...

I am praying and crossing my fingers that this works, if it does, im doing this and not trading it in ever...330 power is all i ever wanted!!!!!
      03-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #188
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
hmm.....thing is, the butt dyno's accuracy ranges from +- 10-50hp lol...

I am praying and crossing my fingers that this works, if it does, im doing this and not trading it in ever...330 power is all i ever wanted!!!!!
Its generally considered that, realistically, it takes about a 10% difference in power to be apparent. Thats about 20-25hp difference here, so the 330 conversion should be over that threshhold.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #189
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Wow this is fantastic news!

Cant wait to see the dyno

I had the evo software first when it claimed to have "50" hp, and when i first installed it, I really wanted to believe it did!

But turns out it only made 15

Cant wait for the dyno!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #190
Evan@Creative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrox View Post
Is there actually a chance of getting a reliable source for the three-stage intake manifolds?
We are working on that right now. Trying to get a package deal put together. On a side note, we have recieved confirmation that the 335 software has been OKed for sale. Look for the official post over the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #191
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Creative View Post
We are working on that right now. Trying to get a package deal put together. On a side note, we have recieved confirmation that the 335 software has been OKed for sale. Look for the official post over the next few days.
That would be awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #192
arcrox
E90post addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 G20 M340i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Awesome. You'll definitely have my business (and the business of many other 325 owners) if this works out.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #193
jonmacs22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 4-doors

what about 328 customers???????
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #194
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
kinda funny how CREATIVE AUTOWORKS treats there customers!!!

they put me on a 2/1/2 month wait for a refund of some wheels I told i didnt want once he told me itd be a 2month wait!! WTF!!! i couldve got the wheels!

then my 325 ECU didnt even work as PROMISED and i ended up 100$ in the hole casue of it!!
creative needs to get there shit together and learn what customer service is whether u have the item or not.
Ignoring customers after several emails and Im's and phone calls just tells me that you dont care about us and ull get to us when u feel like it!!
Creative LIED to me several times!! Told me once they sent out a check!
NEver got it! told me id have mymoney in a week! it took almost 3months to get NOT MY MONEY he stil didnt have it supposably, so to get my credit or money or something from him i ended up getting some wheels/tires for my sisters G35!

all in all customer service is NOT CREATIVE AUTOWORKS
sorry james but u brought this on yourself! maybe u should answer emails and phone calls etc!!
or u just treat everyone like shit?

just an FYI for u all!!! theres athread of about 1000post with everything ull want to know about evotech and how shitty CREATIVE AUTOWORKS really is!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=evotech
      03-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #195
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post

they put me on a 2/1/2 month wait for a refund of some wheels I told i didnt want once he told me itd be a 2month wait!! WTF!!! i couldve got the wheels!

then my 325 ECU didnt even work as PROMISED and i ended up 100$ in the hole casue of it!!
creative needs to get there shit together and learn what customer service is whether u have the item or not.
Ignoring customers after several emails and Im's and phone calls just tells me that you dont care about us and ull get to us when u feel like it!!
NEver got it! told me id have mymoney in a week! it took almost 3months to get NOT MY MONEY he stil didnt have it supposably, so to get my credit or money or something from him i ended up getting some wheels/tires for my sisters G35!

sorry james but u brought this on yourself! maybe u should answer emails and phone calls etc!!

just an FYI for u all!!! theres athread of about 1000post with everything ull want to know about evotech and how shitty CREATIVE AUTOWORKS really is!

yeah you have a good point...unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #196
Evan@Creative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A work in progress

Quote:
I am sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with us. When did this all occur? If you are not aware, I was hired back in the middle of Sept. to get a better handle on taking care of the BMW community. Only as of about last month have I mostly gotten up to speed. Since that first EVOtech issue we have been dyno testing ourselves all software for all companies for all cars. ADHD please PM me if there are any unresolved issues that you think should be discussed.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #197
Joe Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I am sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with us. When did this all occur? If you are not aware, I was hired back in the middle of Sept. to get a better handle on taking care of the BMW community. Only as of about last month have I mostly gotten up to speed. Since that first EVOtech issue we have been dyno testing ourselves all software for all companies for all cars. ADHD please PM me if there are any unresolved issues that you think should be discussed.

Let us know when that package-deal comes to market! Also, FinnVette you HAVE to get it dyno'ed...it would really suck if all you got was the normal 325 chip, and the flaps don't move........
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #198
Del@Creative
Private
Rep
Drives: CBR600RR

Quote:

It is unfortunate you feel that way about our shop. Just as Evan stated, if there are any issues please bring it up with us via PM or something. We are now working more with the BMW community, trying to get their loyalty and so forth. Also regarding the EVOtech dynos, we received the dyno results from them and went according to their word. not ours. However, if there is anything else we can do for you please let us know. I am sorry to hear you feel that way but lets find a way to change the way you feel about us as we always like to take care of our customers...
Appreciate 0