E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Laptop (OS) getting corrupted (startup file)

09-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Exclamation Laptop (OS) getting corrupted (startup file)

Has anyone encountered a problem with your laptop when installing some files (latest files).

My Lenovo X200s is my dedicated laptop. I installed W7 Pro 32bit. Earlier last week it was fine I was able to do some coding, but after I messed up my RPM, Fuel Gauge and Oil Temp. I tired to update the files, Daten and EDIBAS. I downloaded some stuff. After I shut down my Laptop that night next day it didn't boot up. After trying to do a lot of checking nothing I can do, I removed the HDD and connect it to my external HDD case. Got the files I downloaded, it was still there.
So I fully formatted my HDD and tried to install W7 Pro and I couldnt anymore, the HDD is missing some drivers!!! Luckily I have another HDD which I also fully formatted and was able to load W7 Pro no problem. But after I tried to turned my laptop on, I had the same problem as before, laptop wont boot up and gets stuck on a blank screen with a blinking dash and some weird characters sometimes. So it seems the start up file got corrupted.

Did anyone experience this problem? I have another laptop running Win XP which I used to reprogram the car and its running fine after I use all the updated files. I have a Lenovo T500 which is huge and heavy compared to the X200s.

Could this be problem with Windows 7 Pro (32bit)?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

I don't think this is related to the software (unless you moved around wrong files to different directories).

I have udated my ncs files and had no issues.
Appreciate 0