E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Best way to use Ozium for smoke smell?

11-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
joepa150
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Titanium Silver 328i

Best way to use Ozium for smoke smell?

I sprayed some in the air in the cabin and trunk.
I wanted to spray some through the cabin air intake but saw that on my new (to me) 328i, there appears to be a plastic cover and a paper filter?

Should I remove cover and spray on air filter or remove air filter also and spray while AC is on full blast?

Should I spray into air in cabin or on the carpet?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
mansito
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i 6MT Coupe

I bought a car from a smoker. This is what I did:
1) Clean all interior surfaces with a mix of water/woolite (8 parts water / 2 part woolite) to remove the impregnated tobacco stains. I used small terry cloth towels (do not rub the surfaces to hard, better to do 2/3 light rubs than 1 hard rub) Also do this on your carpets.
2) Fill a 2 to 3 old socks with fresh ground coffee. Put them under the front seats and in the trunk (it masks the tobacco smell, and acts as odor absorbing.) Change it every 2 to 3 weeks. If you do not like the smell of coffee, you need another approach
3) Replace the cabin filter

After a 1 to 2 months all traces of tobacco are gone.
      11-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
joepa150
Private
Rep

I took the air cover and filter off and spray a squirt or two. I was hesitant because I saw some wire harnesses and I didn't want to get them wet.

I may try the coffee if Ozium doesn't work.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
_Sinister_
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
I took the air cover and filter off and spray a squirt or two. I was hesitant because I saw some wire harnesses and I didn't want to get them wet.

I may try the coffee if Ozium doesn't work.
Thanks
your cabin air filter isn't in the engine bay?
      11-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
joepa150
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sinister_ View Post
your cabin air filter isn't in the engine bay?
Its in the engine bay. There is a plastic cover that is about 2-3 ft long. I took about 6 screws out that held that in place. The filter looks like it fits right into the cover. Then I saw two openings which appear to be the fresh air intake for the cabin. Inside those holes I did see a wire and harness.

I don't know if it is a big deal but a leaf got sucked into on of the openings by accident.

After I sprayed it, I opened th car door and the cabin smelled like Ozium.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
_Sinister_
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
Its in the engine bay. There is a plastic cover that is about 2-3 ft long. I took about 6 screws out that held that in place. The filter looks like it fits right into the cover. Then I saw two openings which appear to be the fresh air intake for the cabin. Inside those holes I did see a wire and harness.

I don't know if it is a big deal but a leaf got sucked into on of the openings by accident.

After I sprayed it, I opened th car door and the cabin smelled like Ozium.
OK I misunderstood what you were saying thought you found some other air cabin filter yeah its fine if a leaf flies in there but I vacuumed mine out for that extra clean feeling also replace it with a charcoal filter and for any smells inside the cabin I once used a bag of charcoal cut open left inside the interior for the day. pulls out all the bad smells