E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How to clean marks off a tire?

11-10-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
How to clean marks off a tire?

Been using Armor all wheel protectant for awhile now (a big hit over at bimmerfest) and it works great with one draw back, it leaves a grayed out area on the tire where it ran off the wheel a bit and down to the tire. Problem is once it dries on the tire there seems to be nothing that can get it off. I have tried Green Works and have tried washing the tire REALLY good with car wash shampoo, but again nothing seems to work. It is actually an area that is a couple shades lighter than the rest of the tire that I'm having problems with, and it actually makes the tire look dirty, even with tire shine on it.

Any suggestions?
      11-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Did you try really scrubbing your tires with a brush and some soft-scrub and starting all over?

If the name on the package says "Armor All", it is not getting more than 25 feet from my cars. In the late '90's I used some on my tires and they all turned brown after it rained and unfortunately, there was no reversing it, not even with scrubbing. I'll never trust anything made by them again.

I hope somebody can help you with this.
      11-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

I've noticed the same issue with the Armor All wheel protectant and another similar product I've used. The best way to clean it is to wipe the drips off before they dry on the tire (unfortunately this means waiting for it start dripping out and then wiping and repeating until it stops dripping). There have been a few times I've let it dry on the tire though and it will still generally come off with a good scrubbing using a brush.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
I've noticed the same issue with the Armor All wheel protectant and another similar product I've used. The best way to clean it is to wipe the drips off before they dry on the tire (unfortunately this means waiting for it start dripping out and then wiping and repeating until it stops dripping). There have been a few times I've let it dry on the tire though and it will still generally come off with a good scrubbing using a brush.
+1 to everything above. When I use this stuff, it wipe that drip after coating the wheels. Seems to prevent it from happening.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0