E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Millionaire boy racers

01-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #45
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E350 CDi Coupe

Give me Ile- Au- Cerf anytime
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #46
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzieboy View Post
Give me Ile- Au- Cerf anytime
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #47
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Let's do a what's your race thread haha..

Kev I thought you were Chinese when I met you mate
      01-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #48
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Let's do a what's your race thread haha..

Kev I thought you were Chinese when I met you mate
I am mate...but i don't speak chinese?! .. ...

When I was at uni, when me and my other mate (who's mauritian indian) spoke in our language, people were looking at us and were like WTF???!!! Probably thinking, a chinese and an indian, speaking a common language!!!???

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #49
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
I don't need the bnp website or the salford website....

My research and comments is based on what I see and hear everyday in London!
Of course you're entitled to your opinion.
But would it not make more sense to be informed? You might as well be saying a 120i is faster than a M3 as far i'm concerned.

Quote:

My comments can come across as racist....but I'm a foreigner myself and come from a REAL multi cultural country!.
Just because you're a foreigner doesn't mean you can't be racist. In fact i'd assert that in a lot of cases immigrants are far less tolerant or other immigrants (or in your case asylum seekers) than the indigenous population. Similar to the Britons who went to Aus in the 50/60/70's.

Quote:

...not a fake ass "multi cultural" city called London!....Quite funny how English people use the term multi cultural!!!....even in the programme....clearly its about arabs ....and yet they describe knightbridge becoming more "multi cultural"....

maybe i have a different view on the definition of multi cultural!....
Whatever your definition of multi-cultural, or ethnicity it doesn't give you any more freedoms or rights to make ill-informed or offensive statements based on race or ethnicity. Next you'll be saying you have asylum seeker friends
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #50
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post

Whatever your definition of multi-cultural, or ethnicity it doesn't give you any more freedoms or rights to make ill-informed or offensive statements based on race or ethnicity. Next you'll be saying you have asylum seeker friends
what offensive statements based on race have I made?....

I'm always banging on about fake ass asylum seekers!....what's offensive with that?...unless you're a fake ass asylum seeker or have a member of your family that is....then you don't need to get "offended"?!

I've experienced racism, but don't go crying about it everywhere!...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #51
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
what offensive statements based on race have I made?....

I'm always banging on about fake ass asylum seekers!....what's offensive with that?...unless you're a fake ass asylum seeker or have a member of your family that is....then you don't need to get "offended"?!

I've experienced racism, but don't go crying about it everywhere!...
Not offensive as i can't tell how you mean it. But in my opinion, at least ill informed. IMHumbleO.

Do you meet a lot of fake ass asylum seekers?
How do you know they are fake ass?
How do you know they are asylum seekers?
What criteria do you use to assess both?

What i find it interesting as that as an immigrant yourself, you seem to have quite a strong opinion towards fake ass asylum seekers as you put it (although maybe you are adversely affected in someway and so it's justified to some respect - i don't know at this stage). But do you have the same opinion towards EU "economic" migrants? Either way kinda proves the point i made about immigrants attitude towards those "in the door" after them is often worse than those who are indigenous. (eg Aus)

Everyone experiences racism. It's a fact or human nature. We're inherently programmed to be prejudiced (in the true sense of the word). We tend to what we know and have experienced. It's safety thing. It's how we act with self-awareness i think is key. But having experience racism, doesn't justify racist attitudes whether solely expressed, or acted upon. I don't mean that to sound sanctimonious or patronising (i've tried to phrase it better), it's just in reply to your comment about having experienced racism as some sort of justification.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #52
jimmylad
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

Having spent quite a few days (probably 4x last year) with my lad in Knightsbridge who likes to watch & film the cars I have seen some ridiculous stunts pulled by these "racing drivers" & someone will get killed. I've seen many cars hit the red line in second which must be 70+mph in a 30mph area with parked cars. Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

How would we all feel if a a group of teenagers with noisy GTI's flew up & down our street avery 20 mins for 3 months in summer ? I'd be effin livid & would end up in Jail if it was happening on my street night after night.....

Because it is someone wealthy in a Ferrari etc seems to make it ok with some. I love cars like everyone else on here but the lack of police presence on Sloane St. & the surrounding area is very noticeable when I have been. You can tell the police are turning a blind eye on this one.

When I get a GTR in a few months & were to drive it around my estate like they drive in London I would soon get a knock at the door from the local bill or a few residents.

My lad has got on video a woman just about having a heart attack when a C63 sat at the lights bouncing it off the rev limiter from tickover. As great as it did sound I wouldn't want that noise booming around those buildings if I lived there.

Wealth, colour & race doesn't come into it. Just very selfish & disrespectful for 100's of others having to put up with it for 3 months.

Moan over
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #53
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Not offensive as i can't tell how you mean it. But in my opinion, at least ill informed. IMHumbleO.

Do you meet a lot of fake ass asylum seekers?
How do you know they are fake ass?
How do you know they are asylum seekers?
What criteria do you use to assess both?

What i find it interesting as that as an immigrant yourself, you seem to have quite a strong opinion towards fake ass asylum seekers as you put it (although maybe you are adversely affected in someway and so it's justified to some respect - i don't know at this stage). But do you have the same opinion towards EU "economic" migrants? Either way kinda proves the point i made about immigrants attitude towards those "in the door" after them is often worse than those who are indigenous. (eg Aus)

Everyone experiences racism. It's a fact or human nature. We're inherently programmed to be prejudiced (in the true sense of the word). We tend to what we know and have experienced. It's safety thing. It's how we act with self-awareness i think is key. But having experience racism, doesn't justify racist attitudes whether solely expressed, or acted upon. I don't mean that to sound sanctimonious or patronising (i've tried to phrase it better), it's just in reply to your comment about having experienced racism as some sort of justification.

About your questions, obviously you're trying to find out if I do the stereotype thing or "sweeping generalization"...and yes, I do tend to generalize sometimes...

Do you meet a lot of fake ass asylum seekers? No, haven't met any "officially" ....so how do I know there are lots of them?...do I have any stats? or proof?...No, like I said, I make my judgement on what I see...Having spent a short time working as an estate agent, I'm out of the office quite a lot....meet different people everyday...being a foreigner, i've met other foreigners aswell... my experience is just by "being on the streets and meeting people". Not good enough you might say...up to you.

I'm not going to go into the details.

Up to you, if you believe that there are not many fake ass asylum seekers around and everything is fine. We'll just have to disagree.

You keep mentioning the Australians v/s indigeneous people?...I got no idea what you're trying to say? ( Not being rude, but seriously I have no idea what you're implying?)

Not the first time on this forum where members have branded my posts "racists" ...so it's either I'm not being clear with what I write or I am a racist! which is it then????
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #54
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Kev Calm down!. lol,
Never thought of you as a racist but do think your well angry though hahaha.

MisterS3:
The way I see it is, you do not live in London, you may visit if often or have been there a few times. Maybe its a different life where you live? not sure just assuming here.

I don't think the characters were allowed to be fully understood its typical C4 broadcasting where, the idea is to take an issue, exploit the situation throw in a dash of racist undertones and then leave on a somewhat controversial ending. I don't think the characters were racist, more backward thinking. whilst there is nothing wrong with that, if you live in a major city in 2013 and expect the live the "good old days" then that just is not going to happen really is it?

On a side note the librarian look-alike granny really shocked me. I really didn't think we had much in common, but when she showed us around her home and pulled out a list of times the cars had gone past. It really knocked me back, because i too had a list of all the times in the program she popped up and open her crappy mouth so say something completely annoying.
So you see we really are not all that different.

Oh and Carl:
They say sometime back in 1984 a baby was found unattended in a box of bananas floating just off the coast of Brighton. Legend has it that the small baby had floated from a country on the other side of the world and survived the wrath of the sea.
To this day I still do not know where I am from who my parents are.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #55
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
Kev Calm down!. lol,
Never thought of you as a racist but do think your well angry though hahaha.

MisterS3:
The way I see it is, you do not live in London, you may visit if often or have been there a few times. Maybe its a different life where you live? not sure just assuming here.

I don't think the characters were allowed to be fully understood its typical C4 broadcasting where, the idea is to take an issue, exploit the situation throw in a dash of racist undertones and then leave on a somewhat controversial ending. I don't think the characters were racist, more backward thinking. whilst there is nothing wrong with that, if you live in a major city in 2013 and expect the live the "good old days" then that just is not going to happen really is it?

On a side note the librarian look-alike granny really shocked me. I really didn't think we had much in common, but when she showed us around her home and pulled out a list of times the cars had gone past. It really knocked me back, because i too had a list of all the times in the program she popped up and open her crappy mouth so say something completely annoying.
So you see we really are not all that different.

Oh and Carl:
They say sometime back in 1984 a baby was found unattended in a box of bananas floating just off the coast of Brighton. Legend has it that the small baby had floated from a country on the other side of the world and survived the wrath of the sea.
To this day I still do not know where I am from who my parents are.

Hey AP!....I'm not angry at all!!!...Just enjoying the debate on here.

Only annoying bit, is when people start calling me racist because of my views on immigration and asylum seekers....
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #56
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
In fact i'd assert that in a lot of cases immigrants are far less tolerant or other immigrants (or in your case asylum seekers) than the indigenous population. Similar to the Britons who went to Aus in the 50/60/70's.
+100
      01-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #57
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Most people just don't like things that are different, doesn't matter what it is, we simply feel more comfortable being around things we know well.

That can be anything from the same food every food shop, hairdressers, clothes shops etc. and silly things like that, through to different people and cultures.

When I was at Uni there was only myself and one other guy in our year of around 50 odd, that were white. Having lived in Norfolk that was something that I really noticed for the first week or two. Obviously became really good mates with most of them over the years and one thing I remember was when we were all having a BBQ one night one of the Indian guys said something along the lines of "Really pleased we are mates with you and Jamie, to be honest before starting here I never really had any white mates, nothing racist, just 'presumed' we didn't have anything in common."

That sort of made me think about it, I often presumed the same, and still sometimes do, but then I think about all the guys on here and other car forums, and all the guys on my music forums and gaming forums and I bet the spread of races and cultures is about as diverse and evenly spread as you could possibly get. I probably have more in common with all the guys on the forums than my 'christian' white mates. But still, all our friends that I see regularly tend to fall in that category.

I wonder how everyone would have viewed that show if it were the Made In Chelsea boys driving round in Fezza's etc.?
If it had been hoodies in knackered 20 year old souped up cars with chav exhausts etc. I know it would have been a different opinion.

Oh, and there are loads of 'asylum seekers' that are milking the system, but when we have generations of Brits doing the same does it really matter?
We need to sought it out as a whole, milking the system that is, before we start worrying about a few people coming over taking the piss, that really is such a small issue in the grand scheme of things.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #58
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylad View Post
My lad has got on video a woman just about having a heart attack when a C63 sat at the lights bouncing it off the rev limiter from tickover. As great as it did sound I wouldn't want that noise booming around those buildings if I lived there.
In my defence, she was dawdling crossing the lights....

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #59
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
In my defence, she was dawdling crossing the lights....
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #60
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
About your questions, obviously you're trying to find out if I do the stereotype thing or "sweeping generalization"...and yes, I do tend to generalize sometimes...

Do you meet a lot of fake ass asylum seekers? No, haven't met any "officially" ....so how do I know there are lots of them?...do I have any stats? or proof?...No, like I said, I make my judgement on what I see...Having spent a short time working as an estate agent, I'm out of the office quite a lot....meet different people everyday...being a foreigner, i've met other foreigners aswell... my experience is just by "being on the streets and meeting people". Not good enough you might say...up to you.

I'm not going to go into the details.

Up to you, if you believe that there are not many fake ass asylum seekers around and everything is fine. We'll just have to disagree.

You keep mentioning the Australians v/s indigeneous people?...I got no idea what you're trying to say? ( Not being rude, but seriously I have no idea what you're implying?)

Not the first time on this forum where members have branded my posts "racists" ...so it's either I'm not being clear with what I write or I am a racist! which is it then????
Firstly, glad you're enjoying the debate. It's interesting always to here/read other people's views and opinions. Or at least i think so. I learn a lot that way. So there is no aggro intended.

I will state that i personally prefer to know the facts and not make sweeping generalisations (or at least that is my intention - nobody is perfect). I think it's important not to be like the Daily Mail who would have you believe that the biggest threat to our lives on daily basis are illegal Muslim immigrant terrorists. But the facts would probably suggest your local lollipop lady is more of threat! (not a fact!) So we will have to disagree on that point.
But at least you're aware of the fact you're making those sweeping assumptions. That was part of the point i was making (and Gizze has reiterated with an example) Having a self-awareness. So that's cool.

As to how many fake ass asylum seekers are around. My contention is that it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. The govt throws Starbucks and Jimmy Carr at us to distract from the facts that they are making a mess of the economy (not to say the previous administration were any better). eg What they were doing was legal. A few years back Vodafone got caught out and then were let off with 6bn. The spend and wastage in this country is ridiculous. Even today's news about a couple earning £48k each will keep child benefit versus and a couple where an individual earning £65k will lose it shows the ineptitude (btw - i'm single and have no kids - but i believe in a fair taxation scheme) But the right wing media/press use our innate fear of the unknown (prejudice in it's literal sense) to keep our eyes off the big important issues.

Also another point is that you need to look at the net benefit/cost of immigration. Not pick out individuals. Yes there are people screwing the system - but if you calculate the costs of asylum seekers (who we do getting international funding for) v indigenous population you'd see it's insignificant. Either way, we should be kicking the arses of the civil servants for allowing that to happen.

The example of Australia is that lots of Britons emigrated to Aus in the 50/60/70's and they now want to shut the door to any further immigration. Even though Australia could do with another 15-30m inhabitants to drive it's economy on a world scale. Ironic doesn't even cover that situation!

A_P- fwiw i lived in London for 6 years. Have visited since i was a baby. And still own a property there. In fact most of my family now live in London. So i am well versed with the diversity/issues etc. I liked near Popular before and after gentrification. So have a decent handle on the friction that can be caused by the have's and have nots and different cultures.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #61
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think it's important not to be like the Daily Mail who would have you believe that the biggest threat to our lives on daily basis are illegal Muslim immigrant terrorists.
I take it that you're a Muslim mate??

To be honest, you probably notice media coverage regarding Muslims far more than any non Muslim ever would.
In my shop I always here from the Poles how the UK press has it in for them, then the travellers believe that the press never cover anything other than what they're up to, then the teachers who feel the country just wants to royally screw them over and then I get the upper middle income earners in moaning that they get screwed over more than anyone else and they have to pay for all the others I have just mentioned.

We all live in a bit of a bubble, we all feel we are harder done by than the next man, that is just human nature.

My best mate is a middle income business owner with a teacher wife and happens to be Muslim, he may as well slit his wrists now as far as he is concerned.

What we need to realise is that the country is divided, however, rather than a division of colour or culture it is actually a division of those with morals and those without.
If only we spoke to those that we feel are 'not like us' a little bit more we might all realise that.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #62
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I take it that you're a Muslim mate??
Nope.
I'm kinda agnostic.
I watched Life of Pi recently and although i'm not religious, i kinda the same and believe that fundamentally all religions are the same story with different characters. So it's cool to mix it all up. Might even be better * Eg the good samaritan exists in some way or form in every religion i've come across plus some others eg Inca, Aborigines etc.

But regardless the most important thing is the outcome. Put simply are you living a good life.

*I realise some people feel very strongly about their religion so i don't mean to belittle your views, and totally respect them as yours.

I guess if this was the 70's i'd be sticking up for the Irish - even though i'm not Irish. And in the 80/90's the blacks - even though i'm not black.
Although i'd probably be talking to myself without the web lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
To be honest, you probably notice media coverage regarding Muslims far more than any non Muslim ever would.
In my shop I always here from the Poles how the UK press has it in for them, then the travellers believe that the press never cover anything other than what they're up to, then the teachers who feel the country just wants to royally screw them over and then I get the upper middle income earners in moaning that they get screwed over more than anyone else and they have to pay for all the others I have just mentioned.

We all live in a bit of a bubble, we all feel we are harder done by than the next man, that is just human nature.

My best mate is a middle income business owner with a teacher wife and happens to be Muslim, he may as well slit his wrists now as far as he is concerned.

What we need to realise is that the country is divided, however, rather than a division of colour or culture it is actually a division of those with morals and those without.
If only we spoke to those that we feel are 'not like us' a little bit more we might all realise that.
I read the news from Google Currents i,.e a few sources so i try to get a better understanding of the topic. So i do see how the Daily Mail writes about Muslim's and immigrants. (must have killed them when mo farah won 2 golds last summer) v say the guardian. And it is quite a strong agenda. And it's the same for Eastern Europeans eg Romanians and Poles.

But you're spot on about integration. That's what it's all about. Tolerance comes from understanding. Understanding from Integration. . And the easiest way to do that is not having divisions from school age (eg in Glasgow with Catholic schools). Which is why i stated i think that immigrants are often the least tolerant, as they don't have the wealth from cultural diversity that we do having been raised in that environment.

That programme could have finished really well by introducing Panda and her pals to the millionaire boy racers. I can guarantee the discussion would have been productive. As old Bob used to say - it's good to talk.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #63
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Firstly, glad you're enjoying the debate. It's interesting always to here/read other people's views and opinions. Or at least i think so. I learn a lot that way. So there is no aggro intended.

I will state that i personally prefer to know the facts and not make sweeping generalisations (or at least that is my intention - nobody is perfect). I think it's important not to be like the Daily Mail who would have you believe that the biggest threat to our lives on daily basis are illegal Muslim immigrant terrorists. But the facts would probably suggest your local lollipop lady is more of threat! (not a fact!) So we will have to disagree on that point.
But at least you're aware of the fact you're making those sweeping assumptions. That was part of the point i was making (and Gizze has reiterated with an example) Having a self-awareness. So that's cool.

As to how many fake ass asylum seekers are around. My contention is that it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. The govt throws Starbucks and Jimmy Carr at us to distract from the facts that they are making a mess of the economy (not to say the previous administration were any better). eg What they were doing was legal. A few years back Vodafone got caught out and then were let off with 6bn. The spend and wastage in this country is ridiculous. Even today's news about a couple earning £48k each will keep child benefit versus and a couple where an individual earning £65k will lose it shows the ineptitude (btw - i'm single and have no kids - but i believe in a fair taxation scheme) But the right wing media/press use our innate fear of the unknown (prejudice in it's literal sense) to keep our eyes off the big important issues.

Also another point is that you need to look at the net benefit/cost of immigration. Not pick out individuals. Yes there are people screwing the system - but if you calculate the costs of asylum seekers (who we do getting international funding for) v indigenous population you'd see it's insignificant. Either way, we should be kicking the arses of the civil servants for allowing that to happen.

The example of Australia is that lots of Britons emigrated to Aus in the 50/60/70's and they now want to shut the door to any further immigration. Even though Australia could do with another 15-30m inhabitants to drive it's economy on a world scale. Ironic doesn't even cover that situation!

A_P- fwiw i lived in London for 6 years. Have visited since i was a baby. And still own a property there. In fact most of my family now live in London. So i am well versed with the diversity/issues etc. I liked near Popular before and after gentrification. So have a decent handle on the friction that can be caused by the have's and have nots and different cultures.

Now, that Gizze asked if you are muslim?!...

With your views on the race topic, I assumed that you were either A) fairly old (as in mature) and white british middle/ upper class or B) fairly old ( mature) and Asian. me and my assumptions, lol I kno ....( but he basically shared similar views to yours)

Now that you've said you're not muslim, i'm "itching" to know where are you from???!!!

Reason, I assumed that you were fairly old, is because I had a similar conversation with a good colleague of mine (who's from Jamaica and fairly old) about using "racist" terms such as n**** or p**** or ch***....and he basically said that because he's experienced racism when he was young, he doesn't understand why so many rappers or young people use the term "lightly". He said that he wouldn't mind if I said it to him as he knows that I'm always joking etc but he doesn't like it. I though that he is really "old fashioned"!

Because in Mauritius, me and my friends ( who are all from different ethnic background and religion) we all use similar type of "racist" words between us and no one gets offended. Again, like you said maybe we have different level of "tolerance" in England.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #64
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Now, that Gizze asked if you are muslim?!...

With your views on the race topic, I assumed that you were either A) fairly old (as in mature) and white british middle/ upper class or B) fairly old ( mature) and Asian. me and my assumptions, lol I kno ....( but he basically shared similar views to yours)

Now that you've said you're not muslim, i'm "itching" to know where are you from???!!!
Ha ha - what does it matter where i'm from or how old i am?

There is no franchise on good ideas (not saying i have them)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #65
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Ha ha - what does it matter where i'm from or how old i am?

There is no franchise on good ideas (not saying i have them)
ohh come on!...

ok, at least tell us your age!!!...

over 55...I bet a pint on it!...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #66
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
ohh come on!...