E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Things not to miss in Maui

08-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #67
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Maui Wowie?? One a more serious note, enjoy the trip!

EDIT: I see i'm a day late and a dollar short to this thread
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #68
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Just wanted to thank everyone for the tips/suggestions/recommendations! Below is my short write up and pictures. I believe most were taken with a Canon 6d. The first was taken with an iPhone (which I later took it with me swimming at the Olivine Pools - salt water lol), a few were taken with a Canon S95 and a Sony TX200 waterproof camera. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

Day 1- landed and went to pick up the car. If you rent from Dollar Rental, sign up for Dollar Express. It's free and saves you a lot of time (separate line). Stopped by Costco to get some chips, snacks and water. Then to Mama's Fish House we went. Great food, great view, great service. Overall a very good experience. We turned left instead of right and were headed toward Hana. Lol After about 20-30 minutes we realized it was the wrong way so we turned back. Anyhow, got to the hotel, checked in, rested for a bit and headed to the Old Lahaina Luau. That too was a very good experience- good food, good show, good service. We also met some very cool couples there too. Everything was great.

There was a check point coming back from the luau but we didn't do anything bad so it was no problem. It's strange seeing so many cops in Maui though. I've never experienced anything like that on Oahu or Big Island.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW F22; 09-04-2013 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #69
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Day 2- Road to Hana. Had a great lunch at that one market on the road side (forgot the name but it was a few miles before reaching Hana).

We climbed down and went swimming at Three Bears Waterfalls, visited a black sand beach, walked the lava tube (experienced total darkness), hiked the Pipiwai trail to Waimoku Falls, swam in one of the Seven Sacred Pools.

When hiking the trail, we played "somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and a group of people in their 20's walked past us and started singing along with the song. It was one of the highlights of the day. To me it was just nice as people seemed so relax and friendly.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW F22; 09-04-2013 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #70
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Day 3- We went to Lahaina, checked out the park with the giant banyan tree, had some Ululani's shave ice (good stuff), checked out Dragon's Teeth at the Ritz, swam at the Olivine pools, and just went to dinner in Kihei (we stayed in Makena).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #71
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Day 4- went snorkeling at the hotel, checked out Julia's best banana bread, just enjoying the scenery along the way back down to Lahaina, and went to watch Warren & Annabelle. It was the best show that all of us had ever seen. A co-worker of mine actually went to the show on the same day. He was on his honeymoon. We didn't run into each other though because he went to the 5:30 show and we went to the 7:30 one. He must have walked right past me since we sat next to the right of the piano and thus next to the exit.

We tried the Nakalele (SP?) blowhole but it wasn't blowing that day...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #72
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Day 5- just basically relaxed, did a little bit of shopping, enjoyed the pools at the hotel, walked along the hotel's beach, and went to dinner. They had 3 steaks on the menu and we rounded them out. Some of us just love steak. It was a very good meal with great view and excellent service.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #73
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Day 6- we didn't exactly have a full day so we didn't do much. It basically comprised of the sunrise, rested a bit, packed and headed to the airport to fly home.

Below are some random pictures that I took at the hotel too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0