E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > petro-canada glide carwash

01-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #23
abhishriv
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergrl86
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishriv View Post
you can find the pics of the spoiler on my car here

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673036

and a couple attached below
looks great!! liking the mirror covers and rims too! where did you get your rims?
Haha thanks and yea I can definitely help you out with the install. I installed mine with betalink because I didn't trust 3M to hold onto the spoiler. Betalink was a nightmare to work with though since it was my first time using it. Got the mirror covers same time from JL and the wheels I ordered through my friend who owns redline motorworks. They're 19" alufgen sf-71 in hyper black

Got any pics of your car? I love to see all the different SGs on here!

Got
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #24
bimmergrl86
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Haha thanks and yea I can definitely help you out with the install. I installed mine with betalink because I didn't trust 3M to hold onto the spoiler. Betalink was a nightmare to work with though since it was my first time using it. Got the mirror covers same time from JL and the wheels I ordered through my friend who owns redline motorworks. They're 19" alufgen sf-71 in hyper black

Got
Definitely do... it's still in stock mode.. however.. i'm just waiting for spring time to arrive and I've got a few mods to accomplish. lol

http://www.e90post.com/forums/bpgara...=view&id=10625

I just contacted a few shops.. installing the kidney grilles / reflects costs like $70!! and the spoiler is like $100 just to install.. seriously?? lol

ooo where is your friends shop located?? i'm looking into getting some wheels too

if you can help me with any of the above.. that would be amazing too
      01-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #25
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ

there's a Glide in Georgetown too. that is the ONLY drive-through car wash I will EVER take my vehicle through. otherwise, i only go to coin-op pay n' sprays.

i would NEVER take my car through a soft-cloth wash. as has already been mentioned, grit and stuff can stick to those "tentacles" and swirl or even scratch your paint. no thanks.

i've heard rumours that even touch-less washes use a lot of quick-dry chemicals and crap in the water that can also harm your paint, not to mention worries about the tracks and my wheels...so i'm also apprehensive about those. not to mention i once had my roof spoiler completely detach and blow off the car once i got to the air-driers...had to get the guy to stop the whole machine and run in there to pick up my spoiler off the ground.

this time of year i personally don't see the point in paying $10+ for a drive-thru wash when the car will just be dirty again in 2 days. I go to the coin op, drop in $4 which usually gets me about 5 minutes, and just go around the car as many times as possible with the high pressure rinse. I don't even bother with soap or anything cause the car is probably going to be just as dirty again in 2 days. dry it off, and away I go.
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
'13 BRZ SportTech 6MT - current
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #26
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335alive
there's a Glide in Georgetown too. that is the ONLY drive-through car wash I will EVER take my vehicle through. otherwise, i only go to coin-op pay n' sprays.

i would NEVER take my car through a soft-cloth wash. as has already been mentioned, grit and stuff can stick to those "tentacles" and swirl or even scratch your paint. no thanks.

i've heard rumours that even touch-less washes use a lot of quick-dry chemicals and crap in the water that can also harm your paint, not to mention worries about the tracks and my wheels...so i'm also apprehensive about those. not to mention i once had my roof spoiler completely detach and blow off the car once i got to the air-driers...had to get the guy to stop the whole machine and run in there to pick up my spoiler off the ground.

this time of year i personally don't see the point in paying $10+ for a drive-thru wash when the car will just be dirty again in 2 days. I go to the coin op, drop in $4 which usually gets me about 5 minutes, and just go around the car as many times as possible with the high pressure rinse. I don't even bother with soap or anything cause the car is probably going to be just as dirty again in 2 days. dry it off, and away I go.
True I like the coin op washes too but can't get like underside washed like I can with the touch less drive in washes.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #27
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergrl86
Quote:

Got
Definitely do... it's still in stock mode.. however.. i'm just waiting for spring time to arrive and I've got a few mods to accomplish. lol

http://www.e90post.com/forums/bpgara...=view&id=10625

I just contacted a few shops.. installing the kidney grilles / reflects costs like $70!! and the spoiler is like $100 just to install.. seriously?? lol

ooo where is your friends shop located?? i'm looking into getting some wheels too

if you can help me with any of the above.. that would be amazing too
Ya no problem. I did the reflectors and grilles myself too and they're really easy to do. Reflectors just need a bit of patience.

Unfortunately my friend has temporarily put his parts business on hold due to other commitments. But maybe this summer he will pick it up again.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Guys how intense are the Water jets in the Glide wash? Im very paranoid about these touch less washes, soem 135i owners discovered that their front bumpers were repainted @port because the jets chipped off the poor quality clear coat

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Tried this out tonight, very impressed.
my car was white with salt & frost and without doing any prep it got my car clean & spor free( till the last drops froze)

I used the basic package without any weather grantee

Which wash cycle do you guys use?

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #30
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335alive View Post

You could say the same thing after every wash. If you are just spraying then drying you are probably scratching it more than soft cloth washes. Spray get loose stuff off but you are then wiping dirt film off when you dry. Worst thing you could do really. Salt etc under your car will do way more harm than salt on the surface.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

have you guys been washing in these freezing temps? I'm tempted as my car looks like a driving snowball with all the salt.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
bimmergrl86
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
nope.. never washed it. lol worried about my doors getting frozen lol suppose to be warmer next week.. my car is like a snowball too lol
      01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy1 View Post
have you guys been washing in these freezing temps? I'm tempted as my car looks like a driving snowball with all the salt.
yup washing once a week.... i wash it last thing at night though before parking her in the garage. warm enough in there that nothing freezes and all the water evaporates off overnight.. also i take my sweet time driving through the dryers lol and do a quick wipe down at home in the door jambs when parked in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #34
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep

I was hesitant because of the extreme cold, but I'm planning to try to wash it tonight...my black wheels literally look like they're painted white right now from all the salt. it's ridiculous how much they use on the roads here.

just gotta make sure i dry out the door-jambs...i don't have the luxury of a heated garage to park in.
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
BMWWW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Had to wash.. started getting irritated getting all the salt crust on my clothes getting in/out of the car, and closing the doors and trunk.

Looked great for 20 minutes. (lol)

When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet than to open mouth and remove all doubt.
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
--Confucius

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #36
bimmergrl86
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
do you guys have the petro car wash seasons pass? if so.. have you guys washed your car almost everyday? lol i just got mine on the weekend.. petro is so much better than esso.
      01-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #37
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep

i discovered something yesterday while at the coin-op in Bolton...

not sure if all coin-ops are the same.

The nozzles on their water "guns" have a bendy section in the middle that allows you to point the stream of water where you want it. using this, i was able to put the gun under the car, bend it upwards, and to my surprise, i was able to get pretty much the entire underside of the car sprayed off. the only downside, of course, being that you can't actually see what you're doing, but assuming all coin-ops have the same type of "guns", this should be do-able, and it worked fine for me!
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #38
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335alive View Post
i discovered something yesterday while at the coin-op in Bolton...

not sure if all coin-ops are the same.

The nozzles on their water "guns" have a bendy section in the middle that allows you to point the stream of water where you want it. using this, i was able to put the gun under the car, bend it upwards, and to my surprise, i was able to get pretty much the entire underside of the car sprayed off. the only downside, of course, being that you can't actually see what you're doing, but assuming all coin-ops have the same type of "guns", this should be do-able, and it worked fine for me!
yup! did this just last weekend
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
abhishriv
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergrl86 View Post
do you guys have the petro car wash seasons pass? if so.. have you guys washed your car almost everyday? lol i just got mine on the weekend.. petro is so much better than esso.
going to get it once the Glide wash is installed near my house
Appreciate 0