Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Pirelli PZero RFT

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
juanccgg
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Pirelli PZero RFT

Is anybody familiar with the Pirelli PZero Runflats tires?
I need 16" Runflats right now and these are the only ones that Tirerack has in stock. At 20 lbs. they are lighter than most other runflats.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
Chuck_IV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I've been trying to find opinions on this tire too, with no luck. I am going with a 17" staggered setup(161 rims) for summer tires and wanted the Continental RFT's, but the rears are on backorder everywhere, so I was SOL. I refuse to put any Bridgestone tires on our BMW(2006 325xi), for now, due to the horrid Turanza's that came on the car and the Pirelli Euphias didn't get very good opinions. So that left this tire.

Looking at the non-RFT version of the tire, peope seemed to like it, but the RFT is a different beast, so those opinions may not apply. I toyed with non-RFT's, but with my wife as the primary driver of the car and a 4yr, safety was a main concern.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and ordered a set, last week, from Tirerack. They are waiting for me at a local shop, for when my rims arrive, on Monday. So I'll be able to give you some insight next week, if you can wait that long.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
coby
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

I have a set coming in to my dealer hopefully tomorrow. 18" staggered for a 335i E90. Looking forward to the car, and the tires!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
juanccgg
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I've been trying to find opinions on this tire too, with no luck. I am going with a 17" staggered setup(161 rims) for summer tires and wanted the Continental RFT's, but the rears are on backorder everywhere, so I was SOL. I refuse to put any Bridgestone tires on our BMW(2006 325xi), for now, due to the horrid Turanza's that came on the car and the Pirelli Euphias didn't get very good opinions. So that left this tire.

Looking at the non-RFT version of the tire, peope seemed to like it, but the RFT is a different beast, so those opinions may not apply. I toyed with non-RFT's, but with my wife as the primary driver of the car and a 4yr, safety was a main concern.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and ordered a set, last week, from Tirerack. They are waiting for me at a local shop, for when my rims arrive, on Monday. So I'll be able to give you some insight next week, if you can wait that long.
Yeah, I was going to order them early next week.
And I agree, I don't want to get another set of Bridgestones.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Chuck_IV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Pulling this up again...

We've had the PZero's on the car(17" staggered setup) for about 5 days now and we really like the tires. They are about as quiet as the Continental snows, we took off and they don't seem any harsher, which is what I was looking for(going from a 16 snow to a 17" performance, I was worried about a harsher ride).

The real test however, will be how they wear. We'll see how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
MelF1fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SP

I was thinking about ordering a set to replace my rears that are wearing. The tread ratings are a bit better than the Euphorias (something like 220 vs. 180) that came with my car and i am sure they perform and ride better.

Anyone know if it will be a problem having 2 different model RFTs though they are both Pirelli and would it be an issue with the dealer at the end of a lease?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Don't buy Pirelli there are tons of other better brand tires out there for less money.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #8
Chuck_IV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW MotorSport View Post
Don't buy Pirelli there are tons of other better brand tires out there for less money.
Not in runflats, there aren't. Looking for my Staggered 17" setup, I had exactly 4 tire choices and 2 were Pirelli. One was Bridgestone, which I won't touch right now, after the Turanza debacle and the other was Continental. I would have loved the Continentals, but they have been on back order EVERYWHERE for eons. So that left the Pirelli's
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

In theses sizes the Pirelli is the new Pzero Rft which is actually a very good tire!

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...ires/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0