E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Who is at mistake?

10-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #23
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
to be continued....i'm at work atm...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #24
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
What accident!...in this case, by hesitating and "looking" at the other driver the OP "helped" in creating the confusion and could have lead to a collision.

Yes, like Doughboy says, it's fairly minor.

Very often, its when people hesitate or don't know what to do that accidents happen. Either, you let the other party out of the junction....
No one said there was an accident? There wasn't any chance of an accident because the OP minimised the risk by stopping when he saw the Peugeot ignoring the give way markings. The hesitation comes after the initial incident where both parties have stopped and frankly shows the stupidity of the Peugeot driver when he still tries to go even though the gap he must have at that point is pretty small.

The OP is approaching a round about and the Peugeot seems to think that because the OP is going fairly slowly that he can push his luck and barge out into the road, or that it is some indication that he should.

I hope the Peugeot driver was either fairly young or a new driver because they are showing a lack of experience of driving here. My basis for this is that they are coming from a minor road onto a main road and they think they are going to get 2 for 1. The VW went before him, his turn is after the next car has passed. The VW actually does the right thing and uses the yellow box in his favour but the Peugeot is just being stupid.

I agree that this is a pretty small day to day incident, but I don't think the thread was claiming it was anything major. It's easy to look in hindsight and say the other guy did stop, but you can't say that until after he has stopped, or is in the side of you.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #25
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
What accident!...in this case, by hesitating and "looking" at the other driver the OP "helped" in creating the confusion and could have lead to a collision.
Possibly yes, but not to start with. I stopped as the other driver kept going on.

And yes, later on it may have confused the other driver but if you look at somebody like 'Are you idiot?' and other driver still tries to drive into a space where you cannot go physically, what does that means bud?

I do not need people telling me that I was correct but at least the other driver was wrong.

Quote:
Yes, like Doughboy says, it's fairly minor.

Very often, its when people hesitate or don't know what to do that accidents happen. Either, you let the other party out of the junction....
Everybody said, its not biggie. None of us is making it a big deal.
Perhaps I should have ignored it and not posted it here.

Overconfidence or utterly stupidness of the other driver made me start this thread. I will say, watch the video again. When I moved again, the other driver started moving as well. WHY?

Last edited by makkan00; 10-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: EDITED stuff is underlined.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #26
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
No one said there was an accident? There wasn't any chance of an accident because the OP minimised the risk by stopping when he saw the Peugeot ignoring the give way markings. The hesitation comes after the initial incident where both parties have stopped and frankly shows the stupidity of the Peugeot driver when he still tries to go even though the gap he must have at that point is pretty small.

The OP is approaching a round about and the Peugeot seems to think that because the OP is going fairly slowly that he can push his luck and barge out into the road, or that it is some indication that he should.

I hope the Peugeot driver was either fairly young or a new driver because they are showing a lack of experience of driving here. My basis for this is that they are coming from a minor road onto a main road and they think they are going to get 2 for 1. The VW went before him, his turn is after the next car has passed. The VW actually does the right thing and uses the yellow box in his favour but the Peugeot is just being stupid.

I agree that this is a pretty small day to day incident, but I don't think the thread was claiming it was anything major. It's easy to look in hindsight and say the other guy did stop, but you can't say that until after he has stopped, or is in the side of you.
Thanks mate for explaining what some others may have failed to even think.

Just to add into whole scenario, if it was
- teenager / failry young driver
- Very elderly driver
- or a normal Joe

in that car, I would have ignored.

What pisses me that it was a lady driver who was in her 40-50s and possibly a professional (lease car) who drove like a .... and not even a sense of guilt.

I showed the video to my other half and she commented that other driver was 'idiot' and then I told her that it was a female!'. No surprise to her but it surprised her that why is she trying to enter into that space and trying to pull out.
      10-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post

Right, I couldn't even finish my post...

either you let the other side go or you go, there shouldn't have been a hesitation from the start IMO...

From the start I said that the other driver is a cock for trying to push in...Not putting the blame on the OP at all.

But the OP did initially hesitate, hence making the other driver think that she could "push" her way in...

And I didn't say that the OP is trying to make this situation a sky news event of the year. He just posted a video and asked "who is at mistake?" ...Just giving my opinion....I'm not the world's best driver or the stig...just giving an opinion, so everyone chill out!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Possibly yes, but not to start with. I stopped as the other driver kept going on.

And yes, later on it may have confused the other driver but if you look at somebody like 'Are you idiot?' and other driver still tries to drive into a space where can cannot go physically, what does that means bud?

I do not need people telling me that I was correct but at least the other driver was wrong.

Everybody said, its not biggie. None of us is making it a big deal.
Perhaps I should have ignored it and not posted it here.

Overconfidence or utterly stupidness made me start this thread. I will say, watch the video again. When I moved again, the other driver started moving as well. WHY?

Exactly, what I said!

In your posts, you were not too clear about on what kind of "look" you gave the other driver after you stopped... if you say you gave her the "are you an idiot" look, then clearly I rightly say that she was a cunt rammer for trying to push in!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Should've just juxed her and drove off into the sunset...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Bloody hell...i've watched that video for about 7 times now!!!

I'm taking about the hesitation at 1:04, where you nearly stopped.

Anyway, no matter what, if the other car did hit you. It would have been the other party's fault!

Actually, if the bitch pushed her way in and you hit her on her side door. Would it be you "at fault" then?

Would be good if others could comment.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #31
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

ZLTM: IMO it would still be the bitch's fault if she pushed in and Mak went into her. It's his right of way. She should make sure the road is clear and it is safe to pull out.

I don't think there is any way the driver on the main road could be at fault, unless that driver was speeding or something. I think that's right?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by script View Post
100% this!

If we all catalogued every tiny incident on a daily basis we'd need a hard drive the size of a skip!

Its fuck all, move on.
Well the OP posted as he wanted opinions, and I'm quite keen to know as well...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #33
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
I am starting with this comment as this comment is spot on. I slowed as the other driver did not bother to stop. Bringing the nose of your car a bit out is good but you need to brake at some point especially if its not your right.

If you watch the video from 1:03-1:05, you may observe that the other driver only stopped as I kept going on.

It was my right to carry on but the other driver thought to carry on for some reason.

I stopped in front of that car as I felt that other driver was going to carry on. Did not want to have any accident.

We had eye contact and which was rude in a way...'Get out of my way' from the other side. Again the person tried to pull out of that space where to me its 'impossible to pull out' and it made me 'typical BMW driver' and attitude 'you can't pass from here as its my right of way'.

Spot on Ian as usual (exception is the gay part) . I have a rule that when there is traffic and somebody is waiting on a junction / give way before I approach, I allow them to move whenever possible. And hence I signaled the black VW to move and he thanked me for that.

But that does not mean I am allowing black car behind that VW.

And I have learnt a lesson not to drive 'aggressively' when its rush hours or traffic is packed.

And in my defense I can say that I am 'heavy footed'.
You are more than welcome to take my car but I don't think that 320i would be any good for you

This is exactly what I felt and the other driver did not stop. The other driver was not young at all and possibly in 50s. However the other driver was from a minority group which always tend to rush and drive at 65MPH on the fastest lane whereas other lanes are usually empty.

Guys, the first stop was a mixture of 'don't want accident' and 'its my right of way so I am stopping and giving you a look'.

After that, two movements of the car are voluntary while saying 'why did you tried to push in'. Sorry, I was nasty at the end but the attitude of the other driver stunk.

I think you really need a dashcam as it could have helped you in your recent incident (where you were pulled).

Yellow boxes are for the traffic coming from my right when the traffic is bad. And as you said it was my right of way, hence I continued.

Alex, the video may give you that impression. If that was the case, then the other driver could have raised hands... or at least should have give the impression of guil.

And I can assure you that the other driver was not confused. The other driver tried to move when I stopped and clearly there was no space. I moved a bit when other driver tried to move and that driver moved again. I got the impression, get the fuck out of here or I will hit you.

At the end I moved thinking of the Ian's signature but with some modification

'Never argue with an idiot on the ROAD. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.'

Someday we'll meet on those roads bud.

I have mentioned why I stopped. I think that the other driver should have stopped as it was not their right of way.

Its Kukas LK-7900.
Just saw this reply...ignore my other post!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #34
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Bloody hell...i've watched that video for about 7 times now!!!

I'm taking about the hesitation at 1:04, where you nearly stopped.

Anyway, no matter what, if the other car did hit you. It would have been the other party's fault!
Thanks for watching it 7 times. Appreciate your comments.

I guess if it has happened and no witnesses, other party could argue that she was stationary with the nose of her car out and while passing I steered to left and hit her car.

It seems impossible, but I have gone through. When there is no witness, its your works against theirs. And hence I opted for dashcam.

Quote:
Actually, if the bitch pushed her way in and you hit her on her side door. Would it be you "at fault" then?

Would be good if others could comment.
Yes, it would be classed as my fault and their solicitor could argue on
- I was over speeding (which is not the case in the video, but if there was no video, then they could make it up)
- I failed to notice the potential hazard
- Since the other car was first on the road, it would be classed as my fault. I hit that car from the front of my car make me culprit.

Sad, but thats truth.

I had an accident where bloody foreigner truck hit my car where I was changing lane from the middle lane to outer lane in a round about, and due to heavy traffic, I had to break. Three wheels of my car was in the outer lane, and one wheel on the middle lane. I was stationary for at least 5 seconds before the incident happened.

On the outer lane, a L hand truck failed to notice my car and hit my car on the rear panel and NSR door.
Funny thing is that he was not going to take that exit and was going straight.

But as it was 5:15pm (rush hour), nobody stopped and there was no witness. I called the police straight away and that person gave wrong reg no. to the police. I guess Police was so busy that they failed to notice if the reg no. was correct.

I had few photos, and from that we established the correct reg. number.

Due to lack of witnesses it settled on 50:50 and took two and half years. My solicitor was not happy to take it further as it would cost too much money.

Other party was happy as they settled it 50:50. And other party made following accusation;
1- I did not signal (100% lie)
2- I changed lane very quickly
3- I was not fully in the outer lane, and since my position was not fully established, its my fault...

WTF!!!

Enough from my side guys. This insurance business is biggest legal SCAM. We all had to pay for others fault.
      10-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #35
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

It's just another legal fixed extortion.

After your bad experience I can maybe see why you're more worried now.
Appreciate 0