E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > electronic malfunction under acceleration

06-19-2022, 12:54 AM   #1
Kkmecham88
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI

electronic malfunction under acceleration

i just replaced my 1 year old battery because I had to jump start it multiple times. I didn't diag anything i just replaced the battery. the first start multiple lights turned on, the wipers were turned on and just kept going and the radio wouldn't turn on. I reflashed my BEF and the radio turned back on and the wipers stopped turning on but is till had a bunch of lights. and the second i pressed the gas peddle my radio turned off the over head light turned off and my wipers turned on again. every time I press the gas it does this and if I let off every thing turns back on and the wipers stop moving. I ended up parking it over night and the next morning i started it and pressed the gas peddle and everything was fine i had the awd light on but right as i started driving the light turned off.
I did a few pulls and the radio stayed on and there was no malfunctions. I then went to drive later that day and the brand new battery was dead again. my jb4 menu wouldn't work anymore so i thought maybe this was draining the battery when the car was off and I've wanted to remove it anyway because I've heard a lot of bad things about it. so i removed the jb4 and ended up driving the car, once again everything was fine. until I went on a drive a few hours later and just a few minutes later all the same malfunctions started happing under throttle. i ended up going full MHD as well after i pulled the jb4. i ended up driving it with the malfunctions and noticed while the malfunctions are happing non of the electronics work in the car such has the speedometer, blinker, lights, radio, basically anything in the car. I've also noticed my turbos spooling up was louder and the BOV was also louder I don't know if this is because of the MHD or if its because the whole car is freaking out.

The car has 4 codes -

2DEB - power management

2E98 - Alternator missing

CD95 - operation ,cruise control/ACC incorrect, receiver DME, transmitter DSC/SZL/LWS/ACC

CDA1 - steering wheel angle incorrect receiver DME, transmitter DSC

After replacing the battery i had a battery charger on the car when reflashing it and after the flash i started it and it was reading 14v. so I'm not real sure what's a happening if my alternator is bad or maybe something on the battery fuse block does anyone have any ideas, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 10:37 AM   #2
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335i

Probably cooked something when you boosted it. Last time I boosted my car it fried the foot well module. New battery has to be coded. Check if alternator is charging with the car running and a multimeter. Take a look at the ibs module
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 07:45 PM   #3
Kkmecham88
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI

i just checked today car running the battery was at 10v. but last time i checked it was running at 14v so im worried its more than just an alternator. but at least that needs to be replaced.
Appreciate 0