E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Request List of Dealer Fees?

10-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Request List of Dealer Fees?

As I am counting the days until my car arrives, I have gotten a lot of helpful information from everyone on here. I know what the most current MF rates are, residuals, opinions on why you shouldn't put a lot if any money down on a lease, etc.. I've checked out a few different sites to calculate what my lease payment will be and they all came out to a similar figure.

However I have read about other fees that the dealer tacks on ie.. training fee, inventory fee, "i know you dont know nothing so just sign at the bottom fees", etc... and I am not sure if that's only for lease, purchase, or both. As someone who will be leasing, can anyone list what kind of additional fees will be included on top of the down payment and first month's payment? I live in California so I'm more interested in what the peeps here are paying, but everyone's input is welcome. thanks

p.s. if there's a thread somewhere in these forums please post link.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Lease I believe it's security deposit, first month, license (dmv stuff, doc. etc.) and I think that's it. Maco and training fees are bogus fees but some dealers do charge that. I would just tell them "I want a final price, all fees included" and then negotiate from there.

Maco and training fees dont apply to to ED cars though. Any other fee such as inventory is BS. How are they gonna charge you money for keeping THEIR car on the lot? That doesnt make the least sense so I would avoid them.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
Lease I believe it's security deposit, first month, license (dmv stuff, doc. etc.) and I think that's it. Maco and training fees are bogus fees but some dealers do charge that. I would just tell them "I want a final price, all fees included" and then negotiate from there.

Maco and training fees dont apply to to ED cars though. Any other fee such as inventory is BS. How are they gonna charge you money for keeping THEIR car on the lot? That doesnt make the least sense so I would avoid them.
Great info Kenny. I appreciate it. When I go over the contract, I'll keep an eye out for those "bogus" fees. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
XiNomad
Rep
Drives: '17 F32

Depending on your state, you may have to pay sales tax upfront, or it could be rolled into payments. I'm in NY and will be paying the sales tax up front. my payments due at signing (off the BMW form) are:

-First month
-Security Deposit
-Bank/Acquisition Fee
-Cap Cost Reductions
-Sales Tax
-NYS Waste Management Tax
-Title and Registration Fees
-Dealer's Registration Processing Fee
-State Vehicle Inspection Fees

I would certainly work out the exact terms in advance of the day you sign the lease so you don't get pressured and can investigate anything sketchy they try to tack on.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiNomad View Post
Depending on your state, you may have to pay sales tax upfront, or it could be rolled into payments. I'm in NY and will be paying the sales tax up front. my payments due at signing (off the BMW form) are:

-First month
-Security Deposit
-Bank/Acquisition Fee
-Cap Cost Reductions
-Sales Tax

I would certainly work out the exact terms in advance of the day you sign the lease so you don't get pressured and can investigate anything sketchy they try to tack on.
Great idea Nomad. I"ll probably do that before my car arrives. I'm in CA and for me the taxes will be rolled into the payments.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiNomad View Post

-First month
-Security Deposit
-Bank/Acquisition Fee
-Cap Cost Reductions
-Sales Tax

that should be all thats due, any thing extra is nonsense. i dont even want to go for the acquisition fee.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Maco is charged for each car if thatvdealer is in the advertising group for his market,not all dealers are,just look in your local Sunday paper and if you see their name with a group of other dealers they are.It also varies depening on the market,but it is considered part of the cost to the dealer.The trainging fee of 180 is on every car sold in the US and is part of the invoice.

The most sensible way to negotiate is to get an out the door price,separated by the selling price before fees and then the lease payment based on that.You can ask what acq. fee they're charging,what mf they're using and the residual,they should answer all of your questions.Remember,they need to make a fair profit just like anyone else.....btw,the guy that cleans my 55gal. fresh water in the wall fish tank charges 65. per hour
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #8
2manycars1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Cv

And don't pay the document fee. That is simply a dealer add on for more profit. If need be tell them to deduct it from the selling cost of the car and add it back in. I was once told by a dealer that "since it was printed on the buyers order they legally had to charge it to everyone." I said thats fine do that but take it off the price.

To pay 100-300 dollars to a dealer for the cost of sending a courier (who picks up 10 or more documents from the MV at a time) and for their cost to "do the paper work" on a car they sold is ridiculous! It is part of their overhead.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manycars1 View Post
And don't pay the document fee. That is simply a dealer add on for more profit. If need be tell them to deduct it from the selling cost of the car and add it back in. I was once told by a dealer that "since it was printed on the buyers order they legally had to charge it to everyone." I said thats fine do that but take it off the price.

To pay 100-300 dollars to a dealer for the cost of sending a courier (who picks up 10 or more documents from the MV at a time) and for their cost to "do the paper work" on a car they sold is ridiculous! It is part of their overhead.
This is all good information that I'll make note of when compiling a list of what I should watch out for when I go into signing papers. Thanks!
Appreciate 0