E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > GoPro thread

07-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
GoPro thread

Hi all,

I always wanted to set up my M1 with my GoPro3+ and i found out that's possible. For that if you want to make shots and recordings with your GoPro camera while driving your BMW 1 Serie. To control your GoPro camera with your BMW controller you need the following:

- An active BMW ConnectedDrive account which give you access to BMW Apps on your boardcomputer.
- At least an iPhone4s, with the GoPro app.
- At least a GoPro Hero3+

When all the points above are present, you can connect your iPhone with your BMW 1 Serie by using an USB cable. Then you scroll to BMW Apps in the BMW ConnectedDrive menu. Once you select the BMW Apps, you can find the GoPro app. Now you can use the app by using the BMW controller.

You can create a BMW ConnectedDrive account on BMW site. BMW ConnectedDrive technologies deliver intelligent solutions that allow you to stay in touch with your world whilst on the move. BMW ConnectedDrive consists of services that make use of connectivity, the Services and Apps, and systems that assist you during your trip, the (drive) assistance systems. A subscription to BMW ConnectedDrive includes services Advanced Emergency, BMW Online, Personal Assistant Service, Remote Services and in conjunction with navigation system Professional also BMW Internet. Your BMW 1 Series is equipped with a navigation system Professional. The cost of a BMW ConnectedDrive subscription is for your BMW € 399, - for the first year; then € 99, - per year (including VAT).

Please take in consideration that i live in Netherlands and this applies here.

I did not set up mine will do it within a few weeks.

I would like to read and have more experience of all of you either you use the GoPro integrated feature or not.

Catch up soon,

Cheers,
Joao
Appreciate 0