E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > HELP! I think my water pump just gave up...

02-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
ElliotMillais
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M Sport. LeMans Blue

HELP! I think my water pump just gave up...

Driving back from Heathrow last night, everything was fine and then the yellow water light came on, no heat at all from the blowers, few minutes later the red water temp light followed. I pulled over and opened the bonnet. Obviously didn't open the coolant cap but I can see it has lost some but not all of the coolant as it was over the wheel arch and wheel.

The fans were on full blast and there was an intermittent whizzing sound coming from just in front of the coolant reservoir. There was a bit of coolant on the floor but not a lot by any means. I do not have breakdown cover stupidly, so getting the car collected is a costly exercise I shall be getting sorted today to get it to a garage.

Did some research and it would seem my water pump has failed, any ideas or does this sound like the case?

Also if it is this where is cheapest place to buy the pump as I have seen they are circa £400-500.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Elliot