E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Unethical Vendor - BMS (Burger Motorsports bad review)

Closed Thread

10-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #177
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbell77 View Post
OP sure is getting a lot of free advertising without being a sponsor here.

What if I was to tell you that the OP and Burgermotorsports were the same person?

JK, lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #178
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
What if I was to tell you that the OP and Burgermotorsports were the same person?

JK, lol.
Only post in this thread that Im happy I read.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #179
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
BMS has been shamelessly copying us for years (poorly at that). No surprise here. Sorry OP but that is just what they do. As long as there are people who support this business approach, there will always be companies that do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #180
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
BMS has been shamelessly copying us for years (poorly at that). No surprise here. Sorry OP but that is just what they do. As long as there are people who support this business approach, there will always be companies that do it.
Sorry Off-Topic, but why isn't your username green like before? Now it's blue like the rest of us?

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #181
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

It's funny how people know BMS has been copying Vishnu and others for years, but yet they keep supporting BMS as if Terry and his company aren't doing any wrong. You tell people the JB tune is inferior to the PROcede and those who don't know any better will argue with you and profess the JB is better without any proof. The only reason people buy the JB is because of cost. Just like their new down pipes. They look just like VRSF's. Sorry, but I have no love for a company who takes someone else's product and reverse engineers it then turns around and sells it for less just to capture some of the market. BMS prays on ignorance and there are a lot of people who can't see through the smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by Wedge1967; 10-27-2012 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #182
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
It's funny how people know BMS has been copying Vishnu and others for years, but yet they keep supporting BMS as if Terry and his company aren't doing any wrong. You tell people the JB tune is inferior to the PROcede and those who don't know any better will argue with you and profess the JB is better without any proof. The only reason people buy the JB is because of cost. Just like their new down pipes. They look just like VRSF's. Sorry, but I have no love for a company who takes someone else's product and reverse engineers it then tunes around and sells it for less just to capture some of the market. BMS prays on ignorance and there are a lot of people who can't see through the smoke and mirrors.
BMS said from the beginning that they are Chinese made down pipes made from an outsourced manufacture, there's a whole 1 million page thread on it on his website with updates he gets from his suppliers, not something they've engineered on their own...

Guess what, VRSF's are too...

But -1 on BMS using the same pics on Ebay as this seller, that's not really ethical.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #183
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If your customer support actually responded you would have me as a customer. Since you didn't, to numerous requests, and to a thread in the N55 section specifically addressing the lack of customer support for N55, I went with the JB4.

Terry answered all questions in an extremely short time.

If you are going to kick on a company, I hope you can take it, too.

Oh, and I am not a 'BMS' defender. The piggy back is only until Cobb is out for the N55. It came down to your two companies. BMS wanted the business, you clearly did not.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #184
OECMG
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

This thread still continues to entertain me!

My opinion so far)

Anyone who is standing behind ripoffclutchstops.com selling $1 chair stoppers for $10 advertising months of r&d testing is probably just predisposed to giving charity.

It's fair to say wecopyproducts.com were a bunch of assholes for copying his design, I mean shopping at the same hardware store, but WTF with marytre job on the photos? ripoffclutchstops.com owner who made this thread claimed he emailed them as soon as he saw them and admits they removed them. I read another reply where wecopyproducts.com owner said his website guy thought they were their photos, said zero clutch stops were sold during the time those photos were up, and removed them the next day.

All these people who are claiming certain vendors are copying other vendors, that is why we have these things called patents. If something does not qualify for a patent then it's not unique enough and has been around for long enough that anyone is open to make their own. Things like clutch stops, engine tunes, and exhaust systems fall in to this category. That is how america works! You either sell a better product for less or sell the same or an inferior product for more with emotionally charged BS marketing like ripoffclutchstops.com.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #185
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

You missed the point. A down pipe is a down pipe... I just made comment that they look a lot like VRSF's. My point was BMS is opportunistic developer. They mainly develop products that someone else has already designed and marketed. They take those ideas and apply them to their products as if they created something new and then turn around and undercut the market. Not only did BMS copy OP's design, BMS used his photos and then turned around and cut the price in half while claiming to provide a better product. Ether Terry is dumber than a box of rocks, or he's got nads the size of basketballs. Regardless of what we say or do, people will still buy his products because they can save money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
BMS said from the beginning that they are Chinese made down pipes made from an outsourced manufacture, there's a whole 1 million page thread on it on his website with updates he gets from his suppliers, not something they've engineered on their own...

Guess what, VRSF's are too...

But -1 on BMS using the same pics on Ebay as this seller, that's not really ethical.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #186
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
You missed the point. A down pipe is a down pipe... I just made comment that they look a lot like VRSF's. My point was BMS is opportunistic developer. They mainly develop products that someone else has already designed and marketed. They take those ideas and apply them to their products as if they created something new and then turn around and undercut the market. Not only did BMS copy OP's design, BMS used his photos and then turned around and cut the price in half while claiming to provide a better product. Ether Terry is dumber than a box of rocks, or he's got nads the size of basketballs. Regardless of what we say or do, people will still buy his products because they can save money.
How did I miss a point when your first post didn't even get to "the point" until you posted this reply?

Every manufacture is an "opportunistic developer," why go after a market when there isn't an opportunity to make $? I'm not defending BMS, I'm just pointing out the obvious...

Last edited by spool twice; 10-28-2012 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #187
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

I don't disagree BMS is opportunistic, but I think I should have said they are opportunistic, but not a developer. I know many companies do the same thing and competition drives development, which is a good thing. But getting back to the main point, BMS did something that was very unethical and it makes you wonder what other unethical things has BMS done over the years. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
How did I miss a point when your first post didn't even get to "the point" until you posted this reply?

Every manufacture is an "opportunistic developer," why go after a market when there isn't an opportunity to make $? I'm not defending BMS, I'm just pointing out the obvious...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #188
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Some of you seem to think it's silly to take several months to design an easy to install clutch stop for the E9X but think about it, when was the last time you designed something that didn't exist before? Sure it's easy for you to say you can make the same thing in 5 minutes by running out to home depot but you're not designing anything from scratch...you're either building off my design or copying it. Go run out and design a clutch stop for the new M3. Unless it uses the same clutch stop as the E9X, can you do it in 5 minutes? Where would you start? You'll need to get a test car, take things apart and see where to install the clutch stop and how to install it. Then try different parts to see if they fit or not and then test it to see if it will last under different conditions...so yes it does take several months and a lot of trial and error.

I'm all for innovation...consumers benefit from that. I'm against copying things and claiming you invented it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #189
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

You still crying?

You didn't design anything. You took the same idea and think that because you put it into an E9X it makes it some new invention.

But hey, you sure did bump your thread up from the dead out of nowhere. Guess you need some more free advertising for more sales, huh?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #190
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Think of it as a PSA
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #191
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackE46 View Post
Think of it as a PSA
Its not much of a public service. Maybe a public disservice and a ploy to get more buyers.

They took the photos down, their bad, they remedied it immediately. Bad move, but it is fixed. If you're complaining about them copying something you CLAIM to have designed (this is far fetched considering how many similar products there are in this category) still, just give it up please. Not trying to be insulting, but you're causing their business harm now over a couple photos accidentally placed in which they sold no product on. If you invented it, GET A PATENT. You didn't though and it is not patentable. Furthermore, of you feel you have legitimately been robbed/wronged, take them to court. I will tell you right now you won't win though and if you do it will be some small amount based note number of stops they sold with that listing. The fact that you won't win should be telling.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #192
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
I just reviewed my history on eBay.
I did buy from you! GREAT QUALITY!
Thanks for the purchase. Didn't realize I bought from you 11/03/11
      12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #193
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
I just reviewed my history on eBay.
I did buy from you! GREAT QUALITY!
Thanks for the purchase. Didn't realize I bought from you 11/03/11
Thanks!

I appreciate the support!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #194
OECMG
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Why is he allowed to get this free advertising for his overpriced chair stop??? Can I post links to all my eBay auctions here too? Anyone need any PS3 games?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread