E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Absolutely horrible customer service

05-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Exclamation Absolutely horrible customer service

All,

For those who live in or around the Kalamazoo, Michigan area, I would strongly suggest you do not give the BMW dealer your business.

Here's the story, I just returned from buying the BMW leather care kit and the process was met with frowns, muttered words under breath, and a general sense of being pissed off. Granted, I had arrived at 5:51 (closing time is 6:00) but I was surprised to see lack of reception...

1. No one was initially available to sell me the item, then when the cashier walked through the service door, he was very surprised. His tone of voice dropped and became very terse.
2. Well, he then tells me that he would have to ring me up in the Honda building (new BTW, nice!) next door since the register is closed (early) in the BMW building.
3. I get there and the female cashier gives me a very dirty look and I ask kindly if they are sticking around just to ring me up. Apparently they were, and mind you, it's about to hit 6 p.m. and the official close can't happen yet. I get the rudest "Yes...." out of here and a general sense that I wasn't wanted there. I felt very angry and pushed to the side in this whole arrangement.

NOTE: I used to work retail and I fully understand how the approaching closing time can make you anxious and eager to leave, but here's the catch... It's a business, you don't close until the posted and advertised time. Until time, you put up and shut up, with a smile on your face.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
mo2566
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerlover76 View Post

NOTE: I used to work retail and I fully understand how the approaching closing time can make you anxious and eager to leave, but here's the catch... It's a business, you don't close until the posted and advertised time. Until time, you put up and shut up, with a smile on your face.
Amen
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

oh well
      05-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Agreed one thousand percent. I live customer service, and it just kills me when I can't get at LEAST the same, or better in return. Fire the ungrateful assholes and hire somebody off the streets who is just dying to get a job and do a great job at it!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Agreed one thousand percent. I live customer service, and it just kills me when I can't get at LEAST the same, or better in return. Fire the ungrateful assholes and hire somebody off the streets who is just dying to get a job and do a great job at it!!
Just got off the phone with BMWNA. They were not happy. He repeated multiple times that "BMW customers" should not get treated this way.

I agreed.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumere90 View Post
oh well
Generally, I agree, and forgive and forget. But, this was just BS and while no one should get fired over this, there needs to be some words said.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

+1
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
BoricuaE92
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

First World Problem
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
project6
TOML Rescue
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaE92 View Post
First World Problem
Yes, like your LED exhaust tips.

Pot, meet kettle!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by project6 View Post
Yes, like your LED exhaust tips.

Pot, meet kettle!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
E90Adobo
"Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen"
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Sparkling Graphite

+1
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I don't know who you are project, or where you're from, but I would just love to shake your hand one day.
You make me LOL more times on this forum than everyone combined. You also owe me a keyboard or two.
LOVE this guy /no homo
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
project6
TOML Rescue
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
I don't know who you are project, or where you're from, but I would just love to shake your hand one day.
You make me LOL more times on this forum than everyone combined. You also owe me a keyboard or two.
LOVE this guy /no homo
Keyboard sent!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOVE this guy /no homo
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #15
rooted
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

The horror.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
luv135i
Major
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:
Just got off the phone with BMWNA. They were not happy. He repeated multiple times that "BMW customers" should not get treated this way.

I agreed.
you called BMWNA?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #17
Er3k
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328Xi

Quote:
Generally, I agree, and forgive and forget. But, this was just BS and while no one should get fired over this, there needs to be some words said.
Hey bro, I live in Kalamazoo also!!!.......I've never had any issues at Harold's just before closing time and I've only showed up that late for a car wash. I get together with a few 3 series guys at least once a week, let me know if you ever want to meet up with us bro.
Beyern Mesh 19x8.5/19x9.5 (ET30 F/R) - Black Line Tails
Hancook Venus V12 Evo Tires - Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

If this is your only complaint, get over it. Yes, they had a bad attitude, so you had a issue with it, and come here and whine. Get a life. Get out in the world and see what really makes life hard, but moaning about the service for BMW parts purchase, is rather short sighted. You should of called the next business day and spoke to the GM/Owner and told then how you feel, end of story.

You are entitled, to nothing. Thats life.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #19
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
Going to the dealership for something that can be ordered online (for probably cheaper at places like Tischer) and having it delivered to your mailbox within a couple days, is where you went wrong.
      05-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #20
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

They sell new cars cheaper than other dealers in Michigan. Buy it there, service/retail at another dealer?
      05-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBlood View Post
If this is your only complaint, get over it. Yes, they had a bad attitude, so you had a issue with it, and come here and whine. Get a life. Get out in the world and see what really makes life hard, but moaning about the service for BMW parts purchase, is rather short sighted. You should of called the next business day and spoke to the GM/Owner and told then how you feel, end of story.

You are entitled, to nothing. Thats life.
How dare you lecture someone who's served in your armed services on "life?" I find it immensely hilarious that you live in the Gold Coast area of Chicago, where those who live there usually have earned the right to be entitled to the nicer things in life and receive it, and you decide to lecture me about how I'm entitled to nothing...? Especially when I expect to receive the embodiment of the first rule of retail, good customer service. On that note, I called BMWNA after the fact and did my homework, so don't tell me what I should and shouldn't have done.

Another amazing thing is that you didn't bother to ask any details and decided to go half-cocked into this discussion.

You'll notice that I gave some rationale and didn't mention any names. I was quite respectful of the situation and as such, simply gave an impression. You're barking up the wrong tree.

While I respect your right to disagree, I humbly disrespect your tactics. Have a good day, sir.

Last edited by Bimmerlover76; 05-19-2012 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #22
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

Lecture? This is a internet forum, why are you lecturing us to not go to this dealer? You makes a post, you get replies.

So what does you serving in the military (your choice) have anything to do with your selfish baby rant about some bad attitude service folks in Kalamazoo? And what does my living in the Goldcoast have to do with this post, other than the fact I live across the block from one the busiest BMW dealers in the entire metro area, where we have I think 7 dealers...

You can think you are entitled to to have everyone kiss your ass at BMW, but the reality is, get over it. Telling other people not go this dealer based on your whining story is absurd. Its not like the overcharged you, ruined your car, took a week to fix it and then it failed again.

As above said, you should order most your parts and items such as this from online where its cheaper and easier.

You expect to get respect on a internet forum? Thats a good one...

And unless you have worked in the NGO's that are needed in the aftermath of failed USA Military policy, like I have in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Burma, Nicaragua and Guatemela, where the US left many countries in shambles, inflicted decades of poverty, funded the bad guys in covert wars, or just bombed the hell out of them without declaring war, like Laos, where unexploded ordinace still kills children daily in the farm fields and amptutees beg in the streets, dont lecture me on your Military service to the country, as there is no pride as an American when it comes to the brutal suffering the US Military has caused around the world. I love this country as much as anyone, my nephew is a Navy Seal, my father was in the Pacific theatre, and the USS Missouri, but you are drinking too much cool aid and watching too much CNN/Fox to think the US and its military is something that has not caused more harm than than good, and supported more bad guys, bad regimes and bad policy, that left ugly scars on millions of people around the world.

Thats life in America dude, stop complaining about your first world problems. Bad service when buying leather conditioner for your BMW...pity on you.

Last edited by RaceBlood; 05-20-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0