E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 08 535i is this normal???

08-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

08 535i is this normal???

OK, was looking to see if the turbo glowing after normal freeway run and rather surprise to see these vacuum lines are not clamped/crimped?
I wonder if you folks with 335i engine can check for me, the lines are the one that go in to vacuum reservoirs(look like bee hives), see the pictures.
I just worried if these will lead to boost leak over time, my other turbo car has all vacuum lines crimped tight!

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
bmwmike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
OK, was looking to see if the turbo glowing after normal freeway run and rather surprise to see these vacuum lines are not clamped/crimped?
I wonder if you folks with 335i engine can check for me, the lines are the one that go in to vacuum reservoirs(look like bee hives), see the pictures.
I just worried if these will lead to boost leak over time, my other turbo car has all vacuum lines crimped tight!

Thanks.
It looks fine. ours are pushed on as well. Mine are just black rubber lines and yours look real nice with the fancy wrap.
Appreciate 0