E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Turbo upgrade for 335i?

Closed Thread

10-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #45
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I agree to let this thing go and move forward!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #46
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

im not getting involved in the topic about asr turbo's, but you guys are so mad at ar design for questioning the design, what if he ended up being correct about a rebadge and saved people from spending money they didnt need to spend? he is just trying to get facts straight.

for the record, im not saying asr's turbo's are or arent debadged, i am just saying that you are beating up andrew for doing research and asking questions that others havent, and it could be benificial
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #47
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
im not getting involved in the topic about asr turbo's, but you guys are so mad at ar design for questioning the design, what if he ended up being correct about a rebadge and saved people from spending money they didnt need to spend? he is just trying to get facts straight.

for the record, im not saying asr's turbo's are or arent debadged, i am just saying that you are beating up andrew for doing research and asking questions that others havent, and it could be benificial
Anything but beneficial when this stuff gets started.
Both sides are guilty of calling each other a liar blah blah blah. I think most people are commenting & not REALLY reading the previous posts made here.

This thread needs to die ........

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #48
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post

The reason why everyone is having an issue with andrew is because of his constant poor behavior amongst other vendors as well. He is trying to cause controversy and has based his allegations on pure speculation and conjecture. There is no research at all involved here, just slander and no regard for work ethic.

The fact of the matter is that RD sport is a competitor of ours. If what andrew says is true, it would make no common sense at all for us to advertise these turbos as ASR upgrades and at the same time RD Sport advertise it as theirs. Why would a company as recognized as RD sport need any outside company to market their product under another brand name?

As I said before, I agree this all needs to end.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #49
munters
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
The reason why everyone is having an issue with andrew is because of his constant poor behavior amongst other vendors as well. He is trying to cause controversy and has based his allegations on pure speculation and conjecture. There is no research at all involved here, just slander and no regard for work ethic.

The fact of the matter is that RD sport is a competitor of ours. If what andrew says is true, it would make no common sense at all for us to advertise these turbos as ASR upgrades and at the same time RD Sport advertise it as theirs. Why would a company as recognized as RD sport need any outside company to market their product under another brand name?

As I said before, I agree this all needs to end.
+1
      10-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #50
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #51
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
What the hell is going on with forums these days?
I have to agree with you! After all the drama here, and the VK Downpipe threads, i would never buy an AR Product

And i didn't! I went with CP-E !!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #52
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

1) So let me get this straight. I just was bashed on for having a very shoddy turbo upgrade, poor machine work, etc, etc.. and what did I say about you exactly? This is my prototype set. I will be more than happy to cut a fresh set that didnt go through tons of R&D, multiple machine cycles, etc, if youd like. Even all of that said, they still look very good. It is ironic that I actually thought similar things about the pics I saw of your upgrade.

2) Good call on the TD04 centersection. But if you think this is just an "old" or "archaic" CHRA think again. You need to bear in mind this centersection is currently still being used on at least one VERY high production turbo car today. The centersections in twin form have also supported other platforms upward of 600awhp (yes, all wheel). It is also built by MHI, which as most of you know, is who has built the OEM turbos. MHI builds a very good turbo center, is (usually) easily rebuildable, and as we all have seen they can take a lickin and keep on tickin. Retaining water cooled CHRA's is also a bad idea too I guess.

3) If I have ever came off even 1% as ignorant towards you as you just have towards me... please advise. I'm not above apologizing. Quite contrarily, I have actually stood up for your product quite abit. Even after reading what I just did I do not regret it as I do know what is involved and understand costs. I do agree with AR though about the design, RD and yours are virtually identical. That could just be a case of "great minds think alike", but if I was a betting man I'd definitely put my chips on a rebadge. Worse than that and as the only other option is a complete copy of design or concept.

4) Since your attention is on this thread, I'd like to question what you are doing about the wastegate problems. I surely would not recommend buying a set off of anyone who hasnt addressed some sort of retrofit or enhancement. With all of the R&D and expertise you have, Im sure you never let a set leave your hands without having at least overhauling the wastegate arm/flapper/bushing- because as you know they are all usually garbage as cores.

5) Im sure you will just reply questioning me, my person, my abilities, my intentions, or whatever... certainly inline with the below quoted paragraph.

Good day,
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #53
badass1g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

i think someone should just make a single turbo kit and own the competition. lets all get along people. we all share a love for making these cars better. you guys need a group hug.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #54
A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Some like to piss in the wind, others actually make things happen. In the end, the performance and reliability (and rebuildable nature) for the dollar will win. Frankly you guys are all going to have to go up against Forced Performance and Robert is quite a formidable opponent.
      10-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #55
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
i think someone should just make a single turbo kit and own the competition. lets all get along people. we all share a love for making these cars better. you guys need a group hug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
Some like to piss in the wind, others actually make things happen. In the end, the performance and reliability (and rebuildable nature) for the dollar will win. Frankly you guys are all going to have to go up against Forced Performance and Robert is quite a formidable opponent.
Guys, this thread was really heated between posts & PMs being sent earlier this afternoon. Now that Rob has posted his response we can call it a day. I think everyone agreed (thru PM) to let it die ......... up until about 20 minutes ago it had.

Mods, let's lock this up & move on .......

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #56
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

I very rarely post on the US threads, but I have to say that this ranks as one of THE most childish and ignorant threads that I've read in a while and is an awful example of forums at their worst...

My neighbour's ten-month old has more maturity and eloquence than some of you. Embarrassing
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread