E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bay Area dealer recommendations/warnings?

10-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
E46X2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels and a gas tank

Question Bay Area dealer recommendations/warnings?

I'll be looking for a 335i (and an IS350) this weekend and was wondering where in the Bay Area is a good all around dealer (looking for a good deal as well). If anyone has any recommendations on a dealer, sales person, etc let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by E46X2; 10-19-2007 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
docjoe
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Jet Black

Concord BMW!

I just bought my black 335i Coupe with Concord BMW and they were so awesome. got me a great deal and rate. I would definitely recommend them!

"Chancho, when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun!"
- Nacho Libre
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
Leesi
Good Student Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black BMW

BMW of Fremont had the best deal when I was in the market for 335. But, rumor says BMW of Pleasanton has best price and best service. You might want to check that one also

Stevens Creek BMW is persistence, they don't give any discount. They kicked my friend out saying "bring your business somewhere else" because he had an offer, they don't bother to negotiate. But, they have A++ service advisors there. If you want to buy from them, try to get in touch with Jimmy Khan. He seems different than other CA but I never negotiate with him, yet.

As of IS, Magnussens Lexus has best price. Two friends of mine took car from them because Magnussens is willing to beat other dealer's price.

Lexus Stevens Creek, try to find a guy name Ken. He was really helpful, and willing to help you getting car with a right price. He helped me but it was like a year ago. He might still work there though.

Good luck. Oh, did you ask which car you should get? I'd say 335

Jet Black color with minor scratches

PM ME!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #4
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Avoid Sonnen BMW in San Rafael! I bought my '07 335i (ED) from them, and other than my salesman who was on leave when i picked up the car, the experience was horrible. The sales manager is an arrogant a..hole who just tossed me the keys and didn't want to be bothered when I pointed out a couple things that needed to be repaired, and the service advisor couldn't figure out that he should have the parts in stock prior to setting up my appt.
The folks at Concord BMW seem OK. There's a salesman named Jim (don't know his last name), about 40 yrs old, nice guy and seems like he's open to negotiation. Their Service Dept. seems better too. Good time of year to buy/negotiate.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjoe View Post
I just bought my black 335i Coupe with Concord BMW and they were so awesome. got me a great deal and rate. I would definitely recommend them!
yep. got my M Coupe there.... best deal anywhere. i drove up from OC just to get it. Danny Andrade was my salesguy, hes the internet manager and he was amazing.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
i got mine from stevens creek before i found out about these forums. only after i found out they don't really budge on price. i too heard east bay bmw (pleasanton) gave one of the best deals, but i guess that depends on who your CA is. I remember some other members saying how going through the internet side of the dealership is a good way to get the best deals too. Don't jump the gun so fast. Do your research and contact as many dealers in the area. It'll be worth it in the end. goodluck!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
MBE93
Gold Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Vert

I've bought two from East Bay (Pleasanton) BMW and both times nearly bought them from Fremont BMW here in Fremont. I'm working with John Wolff on my e93 (due on or about 5/9) and so far he has been very professional, courteous, and great to deal with. If this keeps up I'll buy/service all my cars with them. Fremont has great service also.

Two to stay away from (and I speak from experience): Mountain View and Steven's Creek. They both will rape you on service and sales. STAY AWAY from them. There are people out there that are actually good to do business with like East Bay and Fremont.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
White Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Stay Away from Roseville BMW...

Their sales dept told me I had a loan approval through BMW Financial Services two months ago. Makes sense, since I have a current motorcycle loan with BMW. I factory ordered the $49995 car, negotiated a $46,000 price and waited a month for it to arrive. I brought my $10,000 down payment when I came to pick up the car Sunday, 05/11/08. My CA "forgot" the negotiated price and tried to hit me with sticker all over again. I was going to walk but they relented and offered the car at the original negotiated price, with 3.9% financing.

On Tuesday a gruff sales mgr named Gordon (not the one who had me sign the loan contract) calls to tell me that I don't have a loan now, that BMW will only lease the car with $10,000 down. A few minutes later I called Maureen, my CA, who said, "Don't worry about it, there's a mistake. Besides, that guy's a jerk anyway." Maureen called back later that evening and told me a completely different story, claiming that she submitted the credit application as a lease (though I told her two months ago that I'd never lease a car.) She had every opportunity to tell me this fact since early April, if in fact it's true at all, so why did she have me sign a loan contract with Ovi the finance mgr on Sunday? She was "very busy" after lowering the boom Tuesday evening, wouldn't entertain any questions, and hustled me off the phone as fast as she could. I haven't heard from her since.

I talked to Paul that night, her sales mgr, who confirmed all new truths. He was nice enough while trying to convince me that, "these cars are pieces of s**t, and that I wouldn't want to own one anyway." He wants me to come back and sign a lease agreement with $10,000 down or give the car back by Friday (yesterday.)

I have left two messages this week for Tom, the general mgr of Roseville BMW, neither of which has been answered.

I took the day off from work yesterday to see an attorney to see what rights I have in this situation. I left messages for everyone with whom I had contact at Roseville BMW since 9 AM yesterday. Ovi called me late in the afternnoon yesterday to rehash the dealership's position but now the lease rate is 6%. I told him that I have no intention of returning the vehicle for lease or for any other reason, that I have a loan contract signed by Roseville BMW, and that I have retained the services of an attorney.

If they "knew" since March that BMW would not approve a loan, why did the dealership have me wait two months for the car, have the CA, sales mgr and finance mgr accept my down payment and sign a loan contract without telling me any of this until after I took delivery of the car?

I see only one possible explanation, and it doesn't involve an honest mistake. In my book it's called consumer fraud.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

I recently leased a 328i from John Meier at Weatherford BMW. Great experience. I got a good deal on both the vehicle and my trade in. I haven't gone back to them for service since the car is so new, but I so far I don't foresee any issues
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
Bluecougar
A Bimmer Chick :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 & LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesi View Post
BMW of Fremont had the best deal when I was in the market for 335
Same here, I ordered my car at BMW of Concord but ended up purchasing at Fremont, got a better deal and the car had more options. Dealt with Dan Riechers and couldnt be happier, he was very professional, and I've been recommending him to all my friends and family
      06-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

bmw sf sucks... especially for service. they can take that dealership and shove it up their ass!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 01:07 AM   #12
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

any recommended SA from concord?
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
HappyNDing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It drives me

Are any of the recommended Bay Area dealers willing to accommodate European Delivery? I live close to East Bay BMW and it'll be great if they offer ED...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #14
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Not sure about East Bay but I know a few CA at BMW of Fremont. PM for their info.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #15
dailo
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I recently bought my car from Fremont BMW and hands down the easiest/best car buying experience. I"m sure it helps that its hard to move cars, but I did not have to do much to negotiate the price. Look for Shakeel, he's pretty helpful.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
faz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 x40i, 2018 330i F30

I bought our 328i from Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo, salesman's name was Hank. Great experience.

I dealt with parts guys in Stevens creek, again, good experience there.

I will NEVER go to BMW of Mountain View ... that place has been the suck for the last many years. I had a very bad experience when I wanted to buy a new 3 series back in 2002... I ended up not buying it and got so pissed that I went with a Mercedes altogether. Then now, went back there to buy chrome tips accessories for the new 328i, and their price was higher than the BMW accessories book! WTF! I told the guy I now remember why I didn't want to go there to begin with. Went to Stevens creek, got the same parts and the guy gave me 10% off of the accessories booklet price. :thumbup
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
khuuster
Hella Nor*Cal Vinyl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 f80 Alpine White

eff bay area bmw dealership... i ordered mine through email from Beverly Hills BMW... easy, fast and at the price i want to pay.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 04:25 AM   #18
ac328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328is, 528e, 335i, X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
BMW of Concord has great sales and service. Service is excellent at East Bay BMW. Got my 2008 AW 335i CP in Concord in August. No complaints.
Appreciate 0