E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede in Aus

07-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
BIGW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Convertible w M Pack

PROcede in Aus

Gday guys,

I have been emailing Vishnu with a few queries (they have been great)

Just wanted to see if there was anyone on the forums from Australia using the PROcede V3 RevII w Canbus?

Reason was, I notcied alot of you guys mention you only have 91 - 93 octane fuels.

Here in Australia we have access to 98RON fuel at every petrol station and 100RON and some.

Now I only run my 335 on 98RON unleaded. Will the tune supplied need to reflect this? and would i be correct in assuming i would make more power using 98RON possible 100RON

Just wanting to clarify,

Thanks in advance guys.

Jon.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Research octane number is higher than motor octane number. In the US octane is determined by (RON +Mon)/2. Higher is better.
      07-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Jon,

98 RON = 93~94 AKI (US measurements)

V3 works very well in Aus with many cars running it without issue ranging from stage 1 to stage 3.

Cheers,

S
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

I'm running it and love it. Also we have 98 but the quality does vary, especially when it has been sitting around for a while. I don't think 100 is available in QLD anymore
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
BIGW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Convertible w M Pack

Great, thanks guys.

Wasnt sure about the RON v MON issue.

But thanks none the less for clearing it up!

Will the map need to reflect what RON the fuel will be or will it just make more power with the higher octane?

Cant wait to get it in the car with the twin pod set up!

Thanks,

Jon.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW View Post
Great, thanks guys.

Wasnt sure about the RON v MON issue.

But thanks none the less for clearing it up!

Will the map need to reflect what RON the fuel will be or will it just make more power with the higher octane?

Cant wait to get it in the car with the twin pod set up!

Thanks,

Jon.
Jon,

Select the map for the mods your running, leave the default UT numbers as they are until you have datalogged a 3rd gear pull. Make alterations to the UT numbers based on what you see in the datalog.

Cheers,

S
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW View Post
Gday guys,

I have been emailing Vishnu with a few queries (they have been great)

Just wanted to see if there was anyone on the forums from Australia using the PROcede V3 RevII w Canbus?

Reason was, I notcied alot of you guys mention you only have 91 - 93 octane fuels.

Here in Australia we have access to 98RON fuel at every petrol station and 100RON and some.

Now I only run my 335 on 98RON unleaded. Will the tune supplied need to reflect this? and would i be correct in assuming i would make more power using 98RON possible 100RON

Just wanting to clarify,

Thanks in advance guys.

Jon.
Jon,
Shoot a PM to Adrian@Vishnu. He's our software engineering and he just happens to be in Sydney. He will be happy to help you

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Jon,
Shoot a PM to Adrian@Vishnu. He's our software engineering and he just happens to be in Sydney. He will be happy to help you

Shiv
That would be me!!

Hi Jon,

The fuels in Australia cannot be directly compared with the fuels in North America. Out 98 RON is equivalent with 93-94RON over there. It is definately equivalent to the higher end of NA pump fuels.

I personally run a 135I that is otherwise stock with completely unchanged (including user adjustables) stage 1 map. It runs great. It is 100% reliable with no codes or anything, and it does 0-60MPH on a Gtech in 4.5s without trying too hard.

I am just starting to stock Procedes locally, so if you want to buy a Procede locally in Australia, PM me, and I can have on in an overnight Express Post to you. Prices are equivalent to prices from Vishnu.

Also, as I know the product very well, I can offer great support. I am currently working with a Melbourne dealer also, but have to finalise that before going public.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0