E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Newbie Bluetooth Question

07-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
rseate
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Newbie Bluetooth Question

I bought my daughter an '06 325i last week from the local BMW dealer. While going through their inventory, the salesman stressed the fact that I should look at the cars with the "premium package". Outside of the normal "extras" he said that all cars wit hteh premium package had bluetooth connectivity.

We bought one with teh premium package and a couple of other options for the dealer to add on. The salesman said he would program her phone to function with the car when she picked it up after the options were installed.

When she picker the car up, the salesman told her that her didn't have bluetooth. He said it was the first one with the premium package and the SOS button that he had ever seen without bluetooth.

Is there any truth to any of what he has said?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseate View Post
I bought my daughter an '06 325i last week from the local BMW dealer. While going through their inventory, the salesman stressed the fact that I should look at the cars with the "premium package". Outside of the normal "extras" he said that all cars wit hteh premium package had bluetooth connectivity.

We bought one with teh premium package and a couple of other options for the dealer to add on. The salesman said he would program her phone to function with the car when she picked it up after the options were installed.

When she picker the car up, the salesman told her that her didn't have bluetooth. He said it was the first one with the premium package and the SOS button that he had ever seen without bluetooth.

Is there any truth to any of what he has said?
SOS = Assist = TCU = Bluetooth

If there is a SOS button in that car and it is functioning when you press it then you have the Assist service. If you have the Assist service then there is a TCU in that car, therefore there is a Bluetooth section in it.

Either the salesman does not know how to pair that phone, the phone itself cannot be paired or simply the TCU is defective.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

What handset is it?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

There are two threads of the same topic by the same poster...
Appreciate 0