E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > The Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee Meets: 03-31-2012 07:30 AM - 11-03-2012 09:30 AM

The Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee Meets
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
Spydeputy
Brigadier General

03-31-2012 to 11-03-2012 07:30 AM to 09:30 AM
Date & Time - Every Saturday, March 31, 2012 - November 3, 2012. From 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.

Cars - Luxury, classic, exotic, modded.

Coffee - Caribou Coffee, Panera, Chick-fil-A or your own road mug.

Frequency - Every Saturday (barring major holidays, extreme weather).

Location - Hunt Valley Towne Centre in Best Buy and Caribou Coffee parking lot.

Directions - I-83 to Exit 20A (Shawan Road East); 1/2 mile to Towne Centre on left.

[If needed, click the map for door-to-door directions.]

Parking - Once in the Best Buy parking lot, look for the cones. The coned area will be marked as the 'Show Car Area'. This area will be reserved for, of course, the show cars. The reserved area allows for a safe space for the show cars as well as prime photography opportunities. At times it may be a challenge but please allow for groups that desire to park near similar models. Spectators can park in the remaining parking spots outside area.

Prizes - Gift certificates will be periodically available from Caribou Coffee, Spa in the Valley, Calvert Wine and Spirits, Dick's Sporting Goods, California Pizza Kitchen, Best Buy, Regal Cinemas, Ritz Cameras, Sears Auto, etc.

In addition to the regular Cars & Coffee gatherings, there will be cruises to local enthusiast events in the region so be sure to check back periodically. To retain the long-term cohesiveness of the group, please join the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Group Page.
Spread the word and see you there!

Dave

04-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #45
Tonk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Econobox

Well it looks like as of May 12 we won't have to worry about leaving before Best Buy opens...

http://www.wbal.com/article/88815/3/...-Valley-Stores
      04-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #46
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
Well it looks like as of May 12 we won't have to worry about leaving before Best Buy opens...

http://www.wbal.com/article/88815/3/...-Valley-Stores
The fastest vehicle was a minivan going 60 through the lot after the all-employee meeting. I had an idea it was coming. The combo of the employees arriving prior to 7 a.m. and the State Police detail confirmed the hammer.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #47
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The second installment of Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee was another tremendous success! Thank you to everyone in attendance and to everyone spreading the word. The key to our past and future successes is based on each and every one of you.

Below are a few more of the many fabulous photos of our diverse and growing community. I had a smile cramp from the cumulative effect of having so many pleasant individual experiences. So many great people, so many great cars, so much great coffee.

If you have seen the unfortunate news regarding Best Buy’s financial struggles, you may know that the Best Buy in Hunt Valley will be closing on May 12. Since we gather in the Best Buy parking lot, you may wonder if this development has an impact on Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee. The agreement that allows our group to gather at the Best Buy location was made with Greenberg Gibbons Commercial, the management company for Hunt Valley Towne Centre. The contract is in place through 2012 and the GGC staff has been very supportive. As for the impact, our parking area will continue to slightly change shape over time. Through the summer months, additional parking should be available. I’ll forge a relationship with the replacement business as early as possible. Whomever takes over the Best Buy space, rest assured, our future will be strong.

The weather for the morning of April 21 looks dry with seasonal temperatures so if the forecast holds to form, we’ll be back this Saturday! When we can have you back, be it weekly, every other week or monthly, we sincerely look forward to it. Its only getting better. Take a stake and spread the word! If you are a Facebook user, check the following link and request an invite … https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt...y.Cars.Coffee/ .

Now enjoy the photos...

Sincerely,

Rich "Will" Williams
Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #48
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

where's the e92's
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #49
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
where's the e92's
We see enough of those. There's a few e92 photos from March 31 and they may be in the planning thread. I'm not in position to check the thread since my work server mysteriously bumps me back to the sign-in screen after every click. Tedious.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #50
tres
Major
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #51
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Tomorrow My assistant just gave me the lowdown on iced coffee. I'm a rookie but I'm a ferocious learner.

With other groups stepping up, it would be great to have a regular, quality BMW representation. Spread the word and organize groups.

When arriving, please assist those in your area with backing into their spot. If you haven't seen the location, its quite large so you'll always have a spot.

Also, bring the cameras and share the photos! Its coming to the time where high-res photos will be scoured for the best. Its flyer time (not just in the hockey playoffs) so be sharp and creative.

See you tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #52
tres
Major
United_States
Rep

few pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #53
bahn stormer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB

Hey, Tres!
Nice meeting you and everyone else there.
I had the black e90 335i.
I see my intake made the pictures.
Hopefully I will make it out next week!
      04-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #54
tres
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer
Hey, Tres!
Nice meeting you and everyone else there.
I had the black e90 335i.
I see my intake made the pictures.
Hopefully I will make it out next week!
Nice meeting you also I'm gonna try and figure out a way to make that intake for me
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #55
bahn stormer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
Nice meeting you also I'm gonna try and figure out a way to make that intake for me
You will most likely need to keep the filter on top with the IS. Check out the Helix Intake which is set up this way. Here is a link to dyno testing I did after installing the intake:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549854

I need to get another dyno now with my IC and DPs installed.
      04-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #56
tres
Major
United_States
Rep

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
You will most likely need to keep the filter on top with the IS. Check out the Helix Intake which is set up this way. Here is a link to dyno testing I did after installing the intake:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549854

I need to get another dyno now with my IC and DPs installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #57
SGMe90
tuningtechfs tuned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SGM e90 M3, 6mt

Thanks Tres , that was fun and I'll try to make it out on the 28th.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #58
tres
Major
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #59
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

im hoping to have my car back from the shop Friday, so hopefully i will be able to attend saturday!

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #60
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Excellent. Remain in contact with the shop so its less easy for them to delay. Get a confirmation. Let them know that you're the boss.

Based on last week, we're settling into the steady crowd without the massive convoys of similar cars. A few dozen unique cars is the goal. Featured was a '66 Ferrari 275 GTS. Its approximate value was between $750-$800,000.

Also a Triumph TR3/TR3B arrived and looked absolutely ridiculous...in a good way.

I was nearly engulfed by a BMW Isetta.

A few weeks ago, I sat in a yellow Pantera and it was rather memorable. A few weeks later, a nearly identical model arrived.

As usual, a good selection of American Muscle -- old and new -- was on display.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #61
Tonk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Econobox

My pics from Saturday (too lazy to edit): http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswa...7629876385881/

04-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #62
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Friends,

We’re in the throes of spring. 80’s to 40’s. Beautiful, warm sun to chilly rains. Unlike the weather, our love for cars doesn’t change. The objects of our auto-affection may change but the love remains. The weather is holding strong for Saturday morning. Through the morning hours, expect mostly cloudy skies and temps in the upper 40's. Now that's good weather for coffee. When cars breathe cooler air, its also better for performance. Double bonus.

Through 3 events, the transition from the arrival of numerous manufacturer caravans to a more accurate level of participation has been made. The first 2 events featured rows of similar vehicles while the 3rd brought true, individual variety...and more of the expected look of our gatherings as we move forward. With an increase in manufacturer-specific activity through the warmer months, we'll see less of the caravans but we'll certainly host them from time to time. Among the showstoppers on April 14 were a '66 Ferrari 275 GTS Pininfarina, a BMW Isetta, a Triumph TR3B, a DeSoto Adventurer and a De Tomaso Pantera. Impressive vehicles and impressive people resulted in a memorable gathering.

When the Saturday morning merits, bring your classic, exotic, luxury or modded cars. Bring your family and friends. Bring your cameras. The official event time is 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Arrive at your leisure...for its the weekend after all. Pick up your coffee from Caribou Coffee, Panera Bread or Chick-fil-A and settle into your parking space in the Best Buy parking lot. If unfamiliar with the general parking layout, please refer to the attached graphic. I hope to see you there!

The map is expandable to the south as needed...

If you are a Facebook user, check the following link and request an invite … https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt...y.Cars.Coffee/ . Right now, there are over 560 people that are linked to the event through Facebook. If you choose to generally resist Facebook, you may quickly view the following link for news without membership ... https://www.facebook.com/events/240314176055770/ .

Here's a few closing notes on other upcoming events...

Tomorrow (as well as every 4th Friday of the month), check out Motor Menders Rod & Custom Club Cruise Nights! From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., you'll see hundreds of custom vehicles on display at this free event. Rain dates, if necessary, will be the following Friday. The PA Dutch Market's address is 12025 Susquehanna Trail in Glen Rock, PA. I'll be checking out the classics and spreading the word about our event. If it fits your schedule, I hope to see you there!

Here's a reminder for Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo owners. In the planning stage for Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee, I visited Richard Garre from Radcliffe Motorcars in Reisterstown. Richard and his team have the knowledge and passion that is critical to be highly-trusted service providers. Check http://www.rmccar.com/vintageferrarievent.html for details on the 5th Annual Vintage Ferrari All Italian Car Event. Its set for May 5 and gates open at 9 a.m. The Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee All Italians crew has the option of meeting early at Hunt Valley Towne Centre then taking the cruise to Reisterstown to see these truly special and treasured vehicles.

Spread the word about all of the events. We hope to see you at Hunt Valley Towne Centre on Saturday morning!

Sincerely,

Rich "Will" Williams
Hunt Valley Towne Centre
118 Shawan Road
Sparks, MD
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #63
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Upon an early arrival at Hunt Valley Towne Centre, it was a nice surprise to see the crew headed to Hershey for Castaway Critters. Seeing the crew off at 7:15 left me a few minutes to chat with the crew and to see some fine automobiles.

Since the early crew for Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee overlapped with the Hershey Pre-Meet, it allowed for some out-of-the-box action and we so we parked outside of the designated area. It had to lead to some quizzical moments for the arrivals but everyone figured it out easily. Cone mutiny?

The first 3 pictures are from the early hours with the pre-meet and the remainder are from later action at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee. These are a few of my pictures. Other attendees had better timing to capture others in the group. Enjoy.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #64
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
V V V Will is hard at work again, see below V V V

Friends,

I hope this message finds you well. On April 28, it was exciting to see the groups of Alfas, Porsches, Ferraris, Vipers, Corvettes, BMWs and everywhere in between. The race Beetle drew major attention from close and afar. How about the size comparison between the military vehicle and the Datsun Fairlady while they were parked in adjacent spaces? That's something you don't see every day...or year for that matter. The Buick hot rod next to a Ferrari 430 was another view that brought many wide eyes and wide smiles.

After a string of questionable weather for at least some portion of our Saturdays, the warm and dry weather is back! Maybe the heavier jackets can take a few months of retirement. Accuweather.com is projecting partly sunny skies and temperatures the low 70’s for our morning time slot. If your treasured vehicle ventures onto the local roads only when the weather is suitable, Mother Nature has you covered.

Here's a final reminder for Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo owners. After our gathering on Saturday morning (~9:30 a.m.), you're encouraged to take a cruise to Radcliffe Motorcar on 12340 Owings Mills Boulevard (Ste. 100) in Reisterstown for the 5th Annual Vintage Ferrari All-Italian Car Event. Check http://www.rmccar.com/vintageferrarievent.html for more information. Be prepared for a truly special event.

If you are a Facebook user, check the following link and request an invite … https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt...y.Cars.Coffee/ . As of the release of this message, there are 278 members of our Facebook Group Page and there’s a steady flow of new members each week.

If you choose to generally resist Facebook, all information on the following link is viewable without membership ... https://www.facebook.com/events/240314176055770/ . As of the release of this message, there are 574 Facebook users that have expressed interest on this page. While this page was the original Facebook home for our event, it has evolved into an information stream for our non-Facebook members.

Spread the word about Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee! Bring your auto enthusiast friends, significant others, pets, cookies (yes, there were cookies...and thank you!) and of course your cars. Lets make Saturday, May 5 a great event!

We hope to see you at Hunt Valley Towne Centre this Saturday morning!

Sincerely,

Rich "Will" Williams
Hunt Valley Towne Centre
118 Shawan Road
Sparks, MD
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #65
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Dave, you truly are a spy. I was about to post the update here.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #66
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Spy?

I have a satellite tracking you, be careful.
Remember I have connections.
Appreciate 0