E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Cant access FRM module - please help

08-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
.:DudoE90:.
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d

Cant access FRM module - please help

Hello,
I have this issue when trying to access FRM module to make some changes like disable bulb checks, or anything else. Its BMW E90 2006. and Im working with OBD Cable from Ebay and NCSExpert software. Cable and programming procedure are OK because I succeeded programing in all other modules, FRM only wont work. Precisely I can read module, read data and make changes in .TRC file and all that, but when I change job to coding it throws this error every time:
"Fehler in CABD! Siehe CABI.ERR und ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-2060: coding faulty (general)
FRM_87, C_C_AUFTRAG:
ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SEQUEN CE_E"

I tried hundred times with no luck, tried to code different things, one by one, tried other modules, all works fine except FRM. Do you guys maybe know where problem can be? What should I do? I tried to google this, found some results but there are no sure solutions to make it work. Please if you know something, share it!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
MonkeyHermit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DudoE90:.
Hello,
I have this issue when trying to access FRM module to make some changes like disable bulb checks, or anything else. Its BMW E90 2006. and Im working with OBD Cable from Ebay and NCSExpert software. Cable and programming procedure are OK because I succeeded programing in all other modules, FRM only wont work. Precisely I can read module, read data and make changes in .TRC file and all that, but when I change job to coding it throws this error every time:
"Fehler in CABD! Siehe CABI.ERR und ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-2060: coding faulty (general)
FRM_87, C_C_AUFTRAG:
ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SEQUEN CE_E"

I tried hundred times with no luck, tried to code different things, one by one, tried other modules, all works fine except FRM. Do you guys maybe know where problem can be? What should I do? I tried to google this, found some results but there are no sure solutions to make it work. Please if you know something, share it!
I ran into something similar last night. It turns out I set an invalid value for one of the settings. The original value was "nicht_aktiv" and "aktiv" was not valid for the setting. I would double check whatever you're wanting to change and see what is an accepted value for that setting.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #3
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyHermit View Post
I ran into something similar last night. It turns out I set an invalid value for one of the settings. The original value was "nicht_aktiv" and "aktiv" was not valid for the setting. I would double check whatever you're wanting to change and see what is an accepted value for that setting.
I forgot to mention, I tried just proceed coding without making changes in old file and shows same error, so I dont think thats because of stored value. I tried also change basic stuff like bulb check to disable blinking of LED bulbs when starting car, US standlicht and few more, one by one and I think thats nothing to do wrong, just deleting "nicht_" from one option. Also, I think that options are available in every E90, especially cold and warm bulb check, thats so basic stuff... I can copy data from .TRC file here later. Is there maybe any other reason?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #4
js335in54
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMw e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DudoE90:. View Post
I forgot to mention, I tried just proceed coding without making changes in old file and shows same error, so I dont think thats because of stored value. I tried also change basic stuff like bulb check to disable blinking of LED bulbs when starting car, US standlicht and few more, one by one and I think thats nothing to do wrong, just deleting "nicht_" from one option. Also, I think that options are available in every E90, especially cold and warm bulb check, thats so basic stuff... I can copy data from .TRC file here later. Is there maybe any other reason?
clear your .man file and try to read the module again. most cases this is the problem....

on your work folder open your psw_fsw.man then clear it (delete everything in there then save the file.)

now go back to ncs then try to read the frm again
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #5
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

What is the software version you use?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep

I tried today one more time to code my FRM, with no luck...
Yesterday I reinstalled my Windows and INPA/EDIABAS/NCSExpert software, Im using Windows 7 32-bit version and NCS Expert 3.1.0.
Reading module works OK but coding wont work (only FRM module, in other modules works) after doing only one change in FSW_PSW.TRC file, and .MAN file was fresh created because NCS Expert was new installed. So I think there cant be problem. For test, I changed value for KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L from aktiv to nicht_aktiv - to disable cold test for left license plate light and after proceeded coding shows this error again:

Software version:

I attached original FSW_PSW.TRC file to this post if someone perhaps wants to take a look on it.
What can I do next?
Attached Files
File Type: txt FSW_PSW.TRC.txt (106.5 KB, 1397 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #7
cryptomit
Captain
Rep

You need to install Standard Tools 2.12 and all your problems gone.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
You need to install Standard Tools 2.12 and all your problems gone.
I installed Standard tools 2.12, added daten files for E89, version 53.3 which I downloaded few days ago, added files according to this tutorial http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918608, tried right now to code and same error appears... Tried to code KOMBI module, works fine... FRM dont...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
cryptomit
Captain
Rep

what profile do you use?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
what profile do you use?
Revtor's NCS Expert Profile
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
Deebag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320 Alpina D3

I ran into that error when I enabled my fog lights. It was solved when I started the engine, have you tried that?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebag View Post
I ran into that error when I enabled my fog lights. It was solved when I started the engine, have you tried that?
You started engine before coding and its running while doing it? I havent try that, I always keep ignition on and engine off while coding...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
Deebag
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DudoE90:. View Post
You started engine before coding and its running while doing it? I havent try that, I always keep ignition on and engine off while coding...
Yep, for some reason that worked for me when coding FRM.
I have a 2006 BMW as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Why is it using a frm_87 cabd file ?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #15
cryptomit
Captain
Rep

Cause it is older car with FRM1
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #16
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
OMG, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

This caused problem all time, I finally succeeded today to code my FRM with engine running.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Deebag
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DudoE90:.
Quote:
OMG, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

This caused problem all time, I finally succeeded today to code my FRM with engine running.
Np! Just glad I could help.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 07:43 AM   #18
DainisGRX
Finland
Rep
Drives: Bmw 318d e90 2009

Frm circle

Hi Everybody, can someone please explain why my side turning signals doesn't work😭
Right side is working but left side don't work, try to switch sides and still no change right side work but left side doesn't working, I think problem is with frm but don't know how to code it and don't want do more damage, it's possible do it with BimmerCode ??
My car 2009 bmw 318d 😅lci model

Thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 01:43 PM   #19
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DainisGRX View Post
Hi Everybody, can someone please explain why my side turning signals doesn't work😭
Right side is working but left side don't work, try to switch sides and still no change right side work but left side doesn't working, I think problem is with frm but don't know how to code it and don't want do more damage, it's possible do it with BimmerCode ??
My car 2009 bmw 318d 😅lci model

Thanks for your time
If the turn signal has been faulty for a while, the light is probably in short circuit protection mode. You'll need to use a program like tool32 to reset the short circuit counter
Appreciate 0